Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Glorious New Color Changes

Yes...  Glory to DE.

They are in league with Ordis, because they got me to freeze my dog faster than you can say popsicle.

Kqkh6FU.jpg

On brighter news a new kubrow was born! :D ...AFTER THREE EGGS and three more frozen kubrows that either didn't have the breed I liked, or coat... I got a Huras that didn't look bad.

M6WabwW.jpg

Edited by Sibarian

This is DE's way of teaching you all the virtue of foresight. The new changes came with as much warning and with the same apparent reasoning as kubrows. My faith in DE is restored.

Glory to Alad V.

We had been talking about kubrows for months... I'm not sure how much of a warning you needed

We had been talking about kubrows for months... I'm not sure how much of a warning you needed

Talking about kubrows, and SUDDENLY CHANGING their colors while people were enjoying playing with their new fuzzy little ball of death are two different things! :/

I mean its initial announcement in one of the live streams. Don't be a (fail) smartass. Edited by Legion-Shields

If people are willing to start forum posts to complain about color changes, I hope to god you they don't come here to discuss actual game mechanics. I also feel really bad for any pet you might have that come home one day covered in a permanent new color from a spill accident. Shoot them and get a new pet because it's now a color you don't like?

Oh, I'm sorry, that's NOT a good comparison because this is a GAME. Gotcha, so in that case, turn your brightness up, make your pet look whiter and shut the hell up.

A color change does not effect how your Kubrow functions and even if it did, you clicked a disclaimer that states DE can do whatever they want to your account, with zero notice.

I'm not saying people don't have a right to go to forums and make comments, but when the comments sound like a whiny 5 year old that isn't getting his Kinder Surprise, those comments are worth nothing.

... and by the way, Kinder Surprise eggs are also random, just like your Kubrow colors.

If people are willing to start forum posts to complain about color changes, I hope to god you they don't come here to discuss actual game mechanics. I also feel really bad for any pet you might have that come home one day covered in a permanent new color from a spill accident. Shoot them and get a new pet because it's now a color you don't like?

Oh, I'm sorry, that's NOT a good comparison because this is a GAME. Gotcha, so in that case, turn your brightness up, make your pet look whiter and shut the hell up.

A color change does not effect how your Kubrow functions and even if it did, you clicked a disclaimer that states DE can do whatever they want to your account, with zero notice.

I'm not saying people don't have a right to go to forums and make comments, but when the comments sound like a whiny 5 year old that isn't getting his Kinder Surprise, those comments are worth nothing.

... and by the way, Kinder Surprise eggs are also random, just like your Kubrow colors.

To be fair people paid for their warframes to look a certain way with the colors they bought under the impression there wasn't a problem. DE never gave warning that these colors would change. I would say this was a minor issue that could be argued whether or not it was fixable since it's been lived with for awhile now. DE is going to have to release color packs that replace all the colors that were lost at least to the paying customers to complete the "fix" for free. Otherwise another shameful cash grab ploy. As far as Kubrows go they had a color problem (or a lack of color I suppose) that needed to be fixed.

DSpite, on 25 Jul 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

Really now, cool it with the absurd snobby Loyalty to DE dude. I was perfectly content with the first kubrow that I got after TWO DAYS of farming, I spent two days worth of the time I allocate to games, only playing warframe. Just to get a single egg, and when it hatched...

Guess what, I was happy, ...and when it matured I was slightly disappointed because it looked frail. Though I thought to myself, well it does have a bit of a greyhound build so that's fine so I looked past that... I also didn't like that it was pure white, but got used to it, I mean it was a little spotty and the colors were slightly off but still white and it still managed to pull off a nice uniform look, and in my eyes a decent enough coat... Not a perfect Kubrow but i could live with it and I had fun too.

I didn't have a lotus sign, or any fancy color, or decoration that got ruined. I liked the simplicity of what it had! Now what do I have?

0mDosjE.jpg

Now I'm not even willing to look past, this is the last straw. It looks like a Crack addicted anorexic dog that rolled around in its own ecrement. Sorry, into the freezer it goes, ESPECIALLY after every other immature twit decided to laugh at me in every random match and make snide comments about how stupid he looks... Not dealing with that, no.

Edited by Sibarian

Really now, cool it with the absurd snobby Loyalty to DE dude. I was perfectly content with the first kubrow that I got after TWO DAYS of farming, I spent two days worth of the time I allocate to games, only playing warframe. Just to get a single egg, and when it hatched...

Guess what, I was happy, ...and when it matured I was slightly disappointed because it looked frail. Though I thought to myself, well it does have a bit of a greyhound build so that's fine so I looked past that... I also didn't like that it was pure white, but got used to it, I mean it was a little spotty and the colors were slightly off but still white and it still managed to pull off a nice uniform look, and in my eyes a decent enough coat... Not a perfect Kubrow but i could live with it and I had fun too.

I didn't have a lotus sign, or any fancy color, or decoration that got ruined. I liked the simplicity of what it had! Now what do I have?

-snip-

Now I'm not even willing to look past, this is the last straw. It looks like a Crack addicted anorexic dog that rolled around in its own ecrement. Sorry, into the freezer it goes, ESPECIALLY after every other immature twit decided to laugh at me in every random match and make snide comments about how stupid he looks... Not dealing with that, no.

So what have we learned from this? You liked how your dog looked beforehand, and now you don't. That's too much for you apparently. (BTW with regards to the anorexic statement - the color change didn't affect it's build. Argument nullified) Also who gives a damn about the stupid people in sessions? Are they bullying you? Seriously, if you can't deal with the comments that people make in a game I question your functionality in places where people can poke fun at actual issues.

My sincerest apologies that your kubrow didn't turn out as you wanted.

So what have we learned from this? You liked how your dog looked beforehand, and now you don't. That's too much for you apparently. (BTW with regards to the anorexic statement - the color change didn't affect it's build. Argument nullified) Also who gives a damn about the stupid people in sessions? Are they bullying you? Seriously, if you can't deal with the comments that people make in a game I question your functionality in places where people can poke fun at actual issues.

My sincerest apologies that your kubrow didn't turn out as you wanted.

Argument isnt nullified. As I said, I had no issue with its build only its color which affects MY ability to WANT to use it, I grew used to it and it kinda was Greyhound-ish in its build and the colors itself were quite non-descript.  The problem at hand is that that was a forced change in color.  I wouldn't have spent two forma on something that I didn't find appealing. 

I actually get annoyed, hell I stopped wearing my Misa Prime Sydana for a long time because people would make snide comments about that.  So, please don't give me your sarcastic Apologies dude.  I'd rather just have the option to revert my kubrow and be happy.

I can deal with toxic comments in real life because I can do S#&$ about it, I can also ignore people here, but they still get their laughs in and I really cant do a thing about it other than ignore.  There is no report option in game, nor would I report them for insulting my pixel dog.  I rather not be insulted, by being associated with the ugly look that my first kubrow had and until its fixed hes staying on ice.

Edited by Sibarian

they did not force a color change it was always that color, they made a mistake, the apologized in a post. the colors were all dull and washed out, it was not their intent. (by the way, I found out mine was striped XD white and light gret came out as pure white) They fixed a problem not changed a color. They only fixed a code line.

they did not force a color change it was always that color, they made a mistake, the apologized in a post. the colors were all dull and washed out, it was not their intent. (by the way, I found out mine was striped XD white and light gret came out as pure white) They fixed a problem not changed a color. They only fixed a code line.

Still, sucks that I have to wait for my other kubrow to mature and then level THAT one up because of a mess-up.  :/

I can deal with it, by keeping that dog frozen forever, but still.

Still, sucks that I have to wait for my other kubrow to mature and then level THAT one up because of a mess-up.  :/

I can deal with it, by keeping that dog frozen forever, but still.

at least they apologised. also I think your dog looks cool, much better then my white with gret striped pup.

You'll be the guy with the Crackhead Kubrow to me for now on. Not that you should care what I think.

You should feed the damn thing tho.

It does not feeding, its heart is frozen XD let it go let it go? anyone? no one? D: aww okay.

Ok I'll buy that, so where is all the replacement palletes with all the old shades? I mean they know all the display values we previously had so I guess we can have a bunch of palletes that covered the colors that aren't here for free now (which didn't happen and no Gamma doesn't begin to cover it all). It's a basic design principle to have something to replace what was lost. Before fixing the colors, DE should have had a raft of palletes to address all the missing shades the fix would cause (some people did try the colors before they bought it). A similiar thing happened to arcane helms. There was supposed to be a system that addressed the hole that those left (not a very big hole but a hold nonetheless) no replacement when they were lifted (and a few degrees of power creep in the game occurred). I can't help but feel these are money grabs. I understand this might have been a mistake but a lot of people bought palletes for certain color looks that are now lost. Can we have an assurance from DE they won't charge for new palletes that have the old colors to people who already bought previous palletes? I doubt it.

For myself I bought all the color palletes so it's a bit of a minor inconvience for me. But a lot of people do not have all the color sets and had no intention of buying all of them. Now they may be forced to buy them to get a look back. I'll give you one example. I had flag accurate colors for my 4th of July frame. The blue and red I used for the right look was Classic Saturated. Now after the change the blue came out way too dark (think Captain America when he was stripped of his title for a bit) and the red was too bright. I had to use the classic set with slighlty darker shades. Some people don't have both like me and will now have to buy both to get the old look they had if they did what I did.