Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Fix To Broken Colors With The New Color System.

--FORMA--

As we know, some of our color sets where broken because of the new color set.

But, I like some of the new colors.

Though, I also think that some of my color schemes where broken.

This fix maybe simple depending on how DE fixed the color system.

From packs released before the color update, give them a duplicate with the colors pre-update.

Post below what you think about it. 

The problem is that the colors don't match what they look like in the color picker. Everything is too saturated now. So they really need to go back through all the colors to make them match their color in the color picker.

The colours all look a lot nicer now. I had to move a couple shades lighter on a few frames since the dark blue I use turned almost black but overall I prefer it.

Mine don't. All mine look way too dark and way too saturated. They don't look like they match.

All you have to do is adjust the shades of the colors you chose. If it was too dark after the fix, then go pick a lighter shade (The tenno color pack is already adjusted to this fix, so you only need to go back to the tenno color pack and reselect the same square you had before, the color should be the same as pre fix). 

For example the blacks I was using on the Classic Saturated pack were way too dark and saturated after the fix. I was using the blacks on the far bottom left. After the fix, all I had to do was go to the classic saturated pack, move the color one shade lighter over to the right, and it was the exact same color as before the fix. 

Edited by r110platinum

Nope, all colors are broken because all colors are too dark.

I think how it went was all the bright colors got brighter and the darker colors got darker.

I used to use the darkest maroon from the storm palette, but after the change it looked near-black on top of the white and greys I had. So I had to switch to the dark red from the Halloween set and it matches again.

The problem is unless they change the way the engine handles colors back, they're never going to be able to add colors that are perfectly identical to the ones we had before. Also, for everyone saying how it's terrible that the colors don't match, if that's such a big deal why didn't you have a problem with them not matching before?

The problem is unless they change the way the engine handles colors back, they're never going to be able to add colors that are perfectly identical to the ones we had before. Also, for everyone saying how it's terrible that the colors don't match, if that's such a big deal why didn't you have a problem with them not matching before?

I also do not understand people who say colors dont match. There is normal issue with some colors not liking other colors. Pick colors more carefully and you might get something nice.

If you use Infested Green, Valentine Pink, Fire Yellow and Daybreak Purple, ofcourse you wont have anything nice. You would just look like some random salamander.

Edited by RoboDoge

Programming team fixed that bug.

Deign team worked around it for the last few months.

Solution:

Let the Design team fix stuff up over the next few hotfixes and updates, either by toning down the exaggerated saturation or by adapting the textures and colour palettes.

Other Solution:

Scrap the Palette system and give us sliders or a colour wheel / triangle / ball, whatever Photoshop has.

Call it 'Palette deluxe', charge plat for it, reimburse palette purchases if the user buys the deluxe thing, otherwise let them keep the palettes system as some sort of arcane thing.

I personally don't see myself buying any further palettes anyway. Even pack B was pointless. pack A is all you really needed, let alone that we have the free timely exclusive ones.

They matched much more closely before. They were slightly desaturated, but they weren't several shades darker.

They matched much more closely before. They were slightly desaturated, but they weren't several shades darker.

Your monitor must have vastly different settings than mine, because on the old one the swatches looked nothing like the colors they were supposed to be. The new ones are mostly a perfect match.

I don't really have any issues, to be honest.

For instance, the yellow-orange that I was using before, turned into red-orange after the fix. It was also shown as red-orange on the pallet before this fix. All I did was actually pick a yellow-orange color and I got the exact result I had before the fix.

So I assume the rage is from people who don't have the "lighter" version of the color they were using.

I looked at Steve's post, and if what you're saying is true then it is only affecting some colors. He showed a before and after of an orange Excalibur and the after looked much closer to the palette color than before.