Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Pay-Gate, Seriously?

harly

What is with the paygate for coloring the kubrow or getting it out of status?

Seriously, waiting 3 hours to switch a dog? You have one that is specifically for VIP targets, and what, you want us to plan 3 hours ahead to run a VIP mission, and then wait another 3 hours to use a kubrow on different missions? Or for the simple price of 20 platinum we can merely play the game immediately?

I've already spent hundreds of plat on color pickers. now you want me to pay more again just to use them? ( yes i know you have temporarily taken that out, but there is still no color option so what are you doing about it?)

Is this the direction you are taking warframe? Why not do it for weapons? Want to switch for an ogris to a synapse, no worries, wait 3 hours or just pay a little plat?  How about paygating warframes?

I've spent hundreds of real world dollars on this game, but if this is how you are going to make it I'm uninstalling because @$@# that.

Edited by harly

What is with the paygate for coloring the kubrow or getting it out of status?

Seriously, waiting 3 hours to switch a dog? You have one that is specifically for VIP targets, and what, you want us to plan 3 hours ahead to run a VIP mission, and then wait another 3 hours to use a kubrow on different missions? Or for the simple price of 20 platinum we can merely play the game immediately?

I've already spent hundreds of plat on color pickers. now you want me to pay more again just to use them? ( yes i know you have temporarily taken that out, but there is still no color option so what are you doing about it?)

Is this the direction you are taking warframe? Why not do it for weapons? Want to switch for an ogris to a synapse, no worries, wait 3 hours or just pay a little plat?  How about paygating warframes?

I've spent hundreds on this game, but if this is how you are going to make it I'm uninstalling because @$@# that.

i know a lot of die hard DE defenders are gonna say bye have fun playing others games (usually just trolls IMHO) but putting a pup in a "freezer" you'll have to wait for it to thaw out

Edited by GunBladeSlash

and yet, just to pick a dog you have to wait 3 hours or pay 10 plat.

actually one thing that annoys me is the "i'm quitting" people who really don't quit. so I just uninstalled now, hopefully you'll be able to see that.

If you decide to change it so you don't screw us over merely to play the game then great. but I'm not paying to support a game that blocks basic content behind money, and I regret having given you any at all in the first place.

Edited by harly

and yet, just to pick a dog you have to wait 3 hours or pay 10 plat.

actually one thing that annoys me is the "i'm quitting" people who really don't quit. so I just uninstalled now, hopefully you'll be able to see that.

If you decide to change it so you don't screw us over merely to play the game then great. but I'm not paying to support a game that blocks basic content behind money, and I regret having given you any at all in the first place.

you should pm me can i has your stuffs jk(not really i do wants your stuffs) but this whole kubrow system is new and has a lot to be worked on return in a few months and it will most likely be different

No we aren't. Just to switch an item for a single mission now is 20 plat or a 6 hour wait.

what next? Warframes that take damage need 3 hours for repair in the foundry?

It's a major shift in how warframe has used plat, towards all those crappy paywalled games that are either pay to win, or all those horrible smart phone games where you get a few turns a day and can pay for more.

Not a game I'm interested in playing.

No we aren't. Just to switch an item for a single mission now is 20 plat or a 6 hour wait.

what next? Warframes that take damage need 3 hours for repair in the foundry?

It's a major shift in how warframe has used plat, towards all those crappy paywalled games that are either pay to win, or all those horrible smart phone games where you get a few turns a day and can pay for more.

Not a game I'm interested in playing.

Do you "need" that kubrow and specifically that one every time you do a mission? Is there something pinning you down telling you that you need to use that kubrow? No. There isn't.

Also, take of the tinfoil hat and apply a healthy dose of Occam's Razor and its pretty clear the reasoning behind that is that DE needs money because they don't have publishers to fund the game. How do you get money without compromising your game? You have it be pay for convenience. That is exactly what this is, albeit you notice the lack of convenience much more often.

Do you "need" that kubrow and specifically that one every time you do a mission? Is there something pinning you down telling you that you need to use that kubrow? No. There isn't.

They have a kubrow that is specifically designed for VIP missions. There's an item I've farmed for ( and in this case, spent plat on a rarer egg like I've spent plat plenty of times before to speed some boring bits up as a once off ), and then i farmed for another and great, i got two different ones.

So I go to use them, like any other item that I've farmed for, maybe contributed plat to, and built, and I have to wait a day before it's grown. No worries, that's part of the up front delay system to encourage plat purchases. All good, I can wait ( I would have paid plat to speed that wait up, but it wasn't an option).

so then I get mine. Level him up just like any other item in the game. i purchase a potatoe like I have done for almost everything in the game, and throw in some mods. One hits 30 and I think, hey, I have one of htose VIP dogs which are meant for VIP missions, I'll switch him out and play a VIP mission, then go back to farming survivals.

Oh wait! There's a three hour wait now, every @#$@# time. Which I can speed up with plat. Every @#$@# time. And since I just want to run a single VIP mission, ANOTHER 3 hour wait to go back to other missions.

This isn't paying for convenience. Paying for convenience is not waiting the 3 days for the dojo to research a weapon, not going and farming materials, not waiting for build time, or getting cool cosmetic items and colors and skins (all of which I have bought, bar a couple of recent color packs because ffs, there's enough colors already). Paying for xp or credit boosters. Heck, buying vanity items like I did for every arcane helmet I didn't yet have that were being discontinued.

This is paying to play. Paying to use an item I've already paid for and/or earnt.

So no. It's not the same. It's a major shift.

As for paying for a game I play. I've contributed some $400+ to this game because I think it's awesome. I accept lots of people won't or can't, but I can. And I have.

But what I won't do is pay every bloody time just to use an item which in the entire history of the game has been a simple matter of equipping once that item has been earnt. Screw that. It's a greedy $&*^ move from DE and if this is their new direction I'm out.

Edited by harly

Its 3 hours... just wait

Its not like the kubrow is going to be make or break on anything

It's three hours that you're unable to use the Kubrow you want to use.  Imagine if it took three hours to switch between Sentinels.  Or weapons.

It's an unnecessary wait designed purely to test one's patience.

It's three hours that you're unable to use the Kubrow you want to use.  Imagine if it took three hours to switch between Sentinels.  Or weapons.

It's an unnecessary wait designed purely to test one's patience.

Most players use one Sentinel anyways and unlike weapons kubrows arent make or break in any way

And you can use a kubrow but not a specific one for whatever reason

Im not saying it shouldnt be changed but people are a little more than a little impatient quite often

Edited by Azawarau