Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Pay-Gate, Seriously?

harly

But you do have to realise the Lotus surged the starting player with infinite energy (for a bit) to get him/her going quickly out of stasis and fight immediately. 

Its not like she transfered that energy remotely it was already within frame and even after that surge expired(btw idk how filling suit with energy would make you more resistant to cryosleep effects) you could still move without any problems and fight effectively.

Edited by Davoodoo

And you can use a kubrow but not a specific one for whatever reason

and yet they create specific kubrows for specific missions, and then let you do exactly that /only if you pay platinum/ or wait 6 hours for the experiment of trying one out and then returning to normal missions.

Its not like she transfered that energy remotely it was already within frame and even after that surge expired(btw idk how filling suit with energy would make you more resistant to cryosleep effects) you could still move without any problems and fight effectively.

But I think the boost was enough to wake up quite a bit of bodily functions quickly. 

Edited by Renegade343

Its not like she transfered that energy remotely it was already within frame...

aren't there lore forums?

No seriously, contribute here how you like. But my complaint isn't one of lore. And lets remember we're space ninjas with magical powers... applying real world rules to justify a payment system is a bit lacking. But follow through on the logic... warframes take damage. we have a foundary. so why not make more realistic by making a frame require 3 hours ( oh really 3 hours turn around? When did you last get that? Lets say 7 days ) in the foundry to fix, with the option of paying 100 plat to an external provider to fix it for free.

Lore/immersion aside. It is simply a matter of content and a paygate for that content. This is a major shift from up-front plat as an option for convenience, to ongoing plat just to switch between items. That's HUGE. And a horrible player experience.

Edited by harly

and yet they create specific kubrows for specific missions, and then let you do exactly that /only if you pay platinum/ or wait 6 hours for the experiment of trying one out and then returning to normal missions.

That doesnt change how dramatic people are being

There is no pay wall there

Its the same as everything else in WF

You wait or pay plat

You arent forced to pay to get content

You just have to wait for it

Also, take of the tinfoil hat and apply a healthy dose of Occam's Razor and its pretty clear the reasoning behind that is that DE needs money because they don't have publishers to fund the game. How do you get money without compromising your game? You have it be pay for convenience. That is exactly what this is, albeit you notice the lack of convenience much more often.

DE needs money ok.

They have market which sells every item in game except for primes, they have rushing crafting times, they even sell kubrows as eggs+power core or starter kits.

You say that they need more money and its ok for them to lock tactical choice behind timer instead of making content that is worth that money?? Whats biggest offense in free2play games?? Demanding players to pay few times for same thing and they just did that.

Also dont forget that not every cent they get from you goes to game budget.

Edited by Davoodoo

Most players use one Sentinel anyways and unlike weapons kubrows aren't make or break in any way.

And you can use a kubrow but not a specific one for whatever reason.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be changed but people are a little more than a little impatient quite often.

The problem is that DE charges you to rush that.  It's wait or pay...  It lo... (I'm sorry, I had to put some apostrophes in your post, and added your name to my dictionary)... It's too much of a grab cash-y feature, which some players are getting on about.  At the very least, that's why I wouldn't like it if I didn't have 13 hours to play warframe.  For the people with fewer hours to play? They probably won't like something like this.

EDIT: But hey, don't you think it wouldn't hurt to lower the waiting time?

Edited by AbaliskInfinite

The difference here is that the stasis wait time is not just a one-time fee.  Every time you switch to a different Kubrow, you have to pay 10 plat to use it immediately.

So I suppose this stasis system is actually trying to tell us: "Don't ever use more than one Kubrow."

The problem is that DE charges you to rush that.  It's wait or pay...  It lo... (I'm sorry, I had to put some apostrophes in your post, and added your name to my dictionary)... It's too much of a grab cash-y feature, which some players are getting on about.  At the very least, that's why I wouldn't like it if I didn't have 13 hours to play warframe.  For the people with fewer hours to play? They probably won't like something like this.

EDIT: But hey, don't you think it wouldn't hurt to lower the waiting time?

Added my name to your dictionary? Well my name means to sneer at or to ridicule

I swear im not a troll though ._.

i work 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week and dont mind it too terribly much but i can see why it would be changed

At the same time people are very over dramatic about these things to gain sympathy and its a bit... annoying? seems like the wrong word

The difference here is that the stasis wait time is not just a one-time fee.  Every time you switch to a different Kubrow, you have to pay 10 plat to use it immediately.

So I suppose this stasis system is actually trying to tell us: "Don't ever use more than one Kubrow."

Dont change kubrows more than once every 3 hours would be more appropriate for that

#PersonalFirstWorldProblems

This seems accurate enough

I only have my one Kubrow, so I've been unaware of this, but to take one out of Stasis we have to wait 3 hours?...the hell is that? When I want to equip a sentinel to scan enemies I don't have to wait till he's reassembled.

What's that?

Done scanning enemies in this region?

Ok I'll switch to Carrier.

OH BUT WAIT,

You've got to wait even more time for him to assemble as well as empty his vacuum bag.

A ridiculous pay-gate that should not exist at all. I understand people trying to work it into the games lore to make it "reasonable" but that's exactly what DE did. So long as it makes sense in the game universe they can charge for it and there'll be a large group of people who'll just sit idly by thinking, "Huh......makes sense to me! :D"

That doesnt change how dramatic people are being

There is no pay wall there

You wait or pay plat

You arent forced to pay to get content

You just have to wait for it

The difference with once you buy/build a warframe or weapon, you can use it whenever you want.  With Kubrows though, you buy/build them, but every time you want to use them, you get paywalled. Players should never be prevented from using content that they have already paid or worked for.

Edited by roroberry

I work 12 hours a day ****waiting 3 hours to choose to use a pretend dog in a game I am only going to be spending 20 minutes on.

I work 10-11 6 days a week and spend my sundays helping out family because theres always something that needs to be fixed or done

Still think people overreact

Today is Saturday and i got out of work early for once just to spend 7 hours moving a pile of a few thousand bricks 20 feet and stacking them and still think people are overreacting

And if you dont believe me ill post pictures of the unfinished pile of so far 1500 stacked bricks that weve moved

Patience is a virtue

EDIT

Also 20 minutes = 1 maybe 2 missions tops if you arent rushing

Why are you even complaining about this

The difference with once you buy/build a warframe or weapon, you can use it whenever you want.  With Kubrows though, you buy/build them, but every time you want to use them, you get paywalled. Players should never be prevented from using content that they have already paid or worked for.

Not really

paywall = cant get to without pay

You have the option to wait which is why i say youre overeating here

Not saying it shouldnt be shorter again since you seem angry

But seriously

Its 3 hours

Edited by Azawarau

I work 12 hours a day ****waiting 3 hours to choose to use a pretend dog in a game I am only going to be spending 20 minutes on.

Agree. I don't work 12 hour days, but I may only have a few hours some nights to play. Just depends on the week. I know I don't want to have to take my Kubrow out of stasis one day and have to wait 3 hours to use him, meaning I'd have to wait to play with it the next day...which I may not be able to do...which means it's better off in stasis so I don't have to worry about it dying.

Patience is a virtue, sure, but this is definitely a wall which can be unlocked by 10 plat. The problem is it's too invasive for most casual players meaning we're forced into decisions we may only make due to time constraints.

I work 10-11 6 days a week and spend my sundays helping out family because theres always something that needs to be fixed or done

Still think people overreact

Today is Saturday and i got out of work early for once just to spend 7 hours moving a pile of a few thousand bricks 20 feet and stacking them and still think people are overreacting

And if you dont believe me ill post pictures of the unfinished pile of so far 1500 stacked bricks that weve moved

Patience is a virtue

EDIT

Also 20 minutes = 1 maybe 2 missions tops if you arent rushing

Why are you even complaining about this

Not really

paywall = cant get to without pay

You have the option to wait which is why i say youre overeating here

Not saying it shouldnt be shorter again since you seem angry

But seriously

Its 3 hours

I don't think you know the correct usage of the term patience is a virtue.

It certainly isn't applicable in this case and is an entirely unreasonable expectation to make of the player base.

I don't think you know the correct usage of the term patience is a virtue.

It certainly isn't applicable in this case and is an entirely unreasonable expectation to make of the player base.

Its being loosely applied but it still holds

And its not like you cant use a kubrow for 3 hours

You just have to wait to change

DE have make so much terrible mistakes in patch 14 i never see so much hate and i play from patch 8.
The only thing make me happy is i have buy XCOM Enemy Unknown  so i have 1 good game to spend a lot of time,
if in 1 max 2 months i don't see any true improve in this game i will uninstall it 2

DE have make so much terrible mistakes in patch 14 i never see so much hate and i play from patch 8.

The only thing make me happy is i have buy XCOM Enemy Unknown  so i have 1 good game to spend a lot of time,

if in 1 max 2 months i don't see any true improve in this game i will uninstall it 2

Didnt you see the whole nerf thing?