Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Pay-Gate, Seriously?

harly

Its being loosely applied but it still holds

And its not like you cant use a kubrow for 3 hours

You just have to wait to change

So you wouldn't have a problem if the same applied to warframes, or weapons, or sentinels? If you'd be happy with that then I'll accept your differing opinion. But if not, I'd say you're showing a double standard for the sake of argument.

It's a completely arbitrary paywall that takes away the ability to use the appropriate kubrow for the appropriate mission. they have designed specialties, and then implemented the /use/ of those specialties behind a paywall.

So you wouldn't have a problem if the same applied to warframes, or weapons, or sentinels? If you'd be happy with that then I'll accept your differing opinion. But if not, I'd say you're showing a double standard for the sake of argument.

It's a completely arbitrary paywall that takes away the ability to use the appropriate kubrow for the appropriate mission. they have designed specialties, and then implemented the /use/ of those specialties behind a paywall.

+1 to this. People don't seem to realize that all of the arguments for keeping stasis could just as easily be applied to adding it to warframes and weapons. Fact of the matter is, a Kubrow is just another piece of equipment in the end, and should not be subject to endless pay/timewalls, lest they spread to things besides Kubrows.

it would have made more sense imo to allow us to rush maturation of our kubrows, rather than to rush thaw time on stasis. 

the way its going, and i calls it likes i sees it, players will build one or two kubrows if that, find the one they really like, and leave him on his puppy pad as decoration for their ship. taking them out once in a while for nostalgia.

allow us to rush growth time. allow us to use our colors on our kubrows. punk rockers have blue/green hair so can kubrows. do away with stablizers.

spam kubrow accessories into the market (i mean flood). give us clan and alliance flags for them to wear (not emblems, flags). and then release rare attack mods that give them different special attacks (not finishers). the plat will be had.

inb4 it might not be cryo. we keep meat on ice here

You can play directly as frames and they differ greatly between eachother

Kubrows have a few differences but really do the same thing more or less

Youre borderline comparing apples and oranges here

You might want to go back and read some of my posts

I said it should change but people are over reacting

Like you are right now

You can play directly as frames and they differ greatly between eachother

Kubrows have a few differences but really do the same thing more or less

And sentinels, and weapons?

Weapons just kill. And lots of them are honestly pretty much the same. And certainly you never *need* a different weapon for a mission. It's just a playstyle - a luxury.

Same with sentinels. And honestly same with warframes.

So I'll ask again. Would you be OK with this for warframes, weapons and sentinels?

Would ya?

And sentinels, and weapons?

Weapons just kill. And lots of them are honestly pretty much the same. And certainly you never *need* a different weapon for a mission. It's just a playstyle - a luxury.

Same with sentinels. And honestly same with warframes.

So I'll ask again. Would you be OK with this for warframes, weapons and sentinels?

Would ya?

Bring MK-1 braton to a T 4 mission where people have the boltor prime and tell me theyre the same

Bring MK-1 braton to a T 4 mission where people have the boltor prime and tell me theyre the same

I can finish T4 with Mk-1 braton just fine. And if you really need to burst someone down you do have the choice of secondary, and melee.

so the point stands.

and I notice you continue to evade it. So obviously you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, and you don't apply your same logic to sentinels, weapons, and warframes.

i have 5 kubrows and 8 total stasis slots. do you know when the last time i bought plat was? ember prime release.

If i run vaults in public parties from recruiting and sell assorted vault mods on trading 10 and 15 and 20 plat takes me about an hour to make MAX...

Congratulations. With an hour of trading work, you can switch to a different kubrow for a single mission.

Feeling rewarded for your time?

I can finish T4 with Mk-1 braton just fine. And if you really need to burst someone down you do have the choice of secondary, and melee.

so the point stands.

and I notice you continue to evade it. So obviously you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, and you don't apply your same logic to sentinels, weapons, and warframes.

Congratulations. With an hour of trading work, you can switch to a different kubrow for a single mission.

Feeling rewarded for your time?

Kubrow are mostly the same

MK-1 Braton would need 8 forma where boltor doesnt need one to beat it

The comparison is closer to a lvl 1 kubrow VS a maxed one

2 maxed are about equal even if theyre different types

Braton is low tier where boltor is god tier

Your MK-1 braton is useless by comparison to boltor prime where your two ax kubrow would do about the same

Have i made myself clear enough or are you going to roundabout it to try to prove me wrong?

Kubrow in a nutshell.

1) Farm for eggs for hours (or purchase with plat)

2) Build incubator power core and wait (or rush with plat)

3) Breed the dog and wait for it to hatch (or pay plat)

Up until this point, this was all fine with me, its just like how WF has always been. Farm for bps or parts of a weapon then build the weapon and have the option to rush the weapon.

Then DE starts to get creative and decides to fucck with their fanbase for a bit.

4) No customization of kubrows (unless purchase imprints from players with plat, even then its not 100%)

5) After maturity, put kubrow in stasis if you want to swap kubrows and start waiting 3 hours (or rush with plat)

6) No way to delete kubrows that look ugly, and slots are limited (or extend with plat)

7) When actually playing with kubrows, these things have such low AI I have no emotional bonds with my dog whatsoever.

DE you disgust me. If you think you can make me pay money on this game anymore, you couldn't be more wrong. Now I just spend my days farming eggs, breeding random dogs, selling imprints and making EVEN MORE PLAT. Then I go back to play other games and wait until you start getting yo shayt together.

Edited by SmashEmDown

I don't buy it.  I want to see a video of you beating a T4 exterminate with an MK-1 Braton and nothing else. No melee, no secondary, and no damage dealing abilities (not even things like link).

Way to home in on a specific statement and completely disregard the point trying to be made. Not to mention the rest of the post. *slow clap*

*Psst*, Molecular Prime deals no damage.

I don't buy it.  I want to see a video of you beating a T4 exterminate with an MK-1 Braton and nothing else. No melee, no secondary, and no damage dealing abilities (not even things like link).

I didn't say nothing else. We were talking about primary weapons and if they also made it so you had to wait 3 hours to switch. and taking out abilities you're making a pretty arbitrary and unrealistic scenario there just to justify a terrible argument.

But regardless. I could happily finish a t4e with just my mk-1 braton. it has several formas. I'd happily upload a video. But I won't be playing the game again while they have this 6 hour pay-gate implemented for just wanting to switch to a different one of the four kubrow styles.

It really isn't that outrageous. Even going by dpsframe it's about 1/4 the strength of the strongest weapon (boltor) for dps. Mine has formas, because that's funny and formas are easy to farm. and with the best max-forma weapons t4s are a joke. Throw in a sonar, or roar, or MP and it's a trivial joke.

I just want to see him prove his outrageous claims.

Dude, you can mod any weapon to be good. Good doesnt mean the best but good can do it's job.

Anyway.... does any actually notice that now that the scrambler is gone Kubrow prices have flown through the roof because now the only way to get colors is from other players?

All the complaining about spending hundreds of plat to get the right color was replaced with.... spending hundreds of plat for the right colors.

Do you "need" that kubrow and specifically that one every time you do a mission? Is there something pinning you down telling you that you need to use that kubrow? No. There isn't.

Also, take of the tinfoil hat and apply a healthy dose of Occam's Razor and its pretty clear the reasoning behind that is that DE needs money because they don't have publishers to fund the game. How do you get money without compromising your game? You have it be pay for convenience. That is exactly what this is, albeit you notice the lack of convenience much more often.

The point is, DE gives us different Kubrows with different niches.

Sure you dont NEED to switch, but heck their traits are pretty much designed for different gameplay.

So if iwant to do a stealth run i aint gonna use my Raksa to fear all the enemies.

I'm gonna want the Huras for stealth.

Playing Defense?

Better take out the Raksa for a walk for some nice cc.

What's the point of giving us customization for different situations if we gotta wait 3 hours to actually use them 

I do not agree with the whole 3 hour wait thing. Being able to buy a kubrow directly ? fine. being able to buy the components to build one straight up ? fine. Being able to rush it's hatching and stuff ? fine. I'v done most of this stuff on all my 3 kubros. BUT once i #%^$ own them, they are MINE i should be able to use them as i please. You do not own rights to be charging further for my kubrow DE i already bought him with your virtual money so i own him. If you strip me of the power your game currency is supposed to give me then i won't buy that currency again. "rant over"

I trust DE will do the right thing, they have done so in the past. But this cheap attempt to squeeze out extra plat just annoys me.

I do not agree with the whole 3 hour wait thing. Being able to buy a kubrow directly ? fine. being able to buy the components to build one straight up ? fine. Being able to rush it's hatching and stuff ? fine. I'v done most of this stuff on all my 3 kubros. BUT once i #%^$ own them, they are MINE i should be able to use them as i please. You do not own rights to be charging further for my kubrow DE i already bought him with your virtual money so i own him. If you strip me of the power your game currency is supposed to give me then i won't buy that currency again. "rant over"

I trust DE will do the right thing, they have done so in the past. But this cheap attempt to squeeze out extra plat just annoys me.

You don't "own" anything.