Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hall Of Mirrors Changes Weapon Element Combinations

Yopee

I'm using Hall of MIrrors clones to boost my weapons' status proc chances but they end up changing the actual element status procs.

Here are my results.

Strun Wraith equipped with Scattering Inferno, Shell Shock, Toxic Barrage, Chilling Grasp (in that order):

Without Hall of Mirrors, it proced Radiation and Viral along with impact/puncture/slash as I expected.

With Hall of Mirrors, it proced mostly Blast with a tiny bit of Rad/Vir and imp/pun/sla.

I switched the order on Strun Wraith so that it is now SheSho, ScaInf, ChiGra, ToxBar:

WIthout HofM, same as before.

WIth HofM, it proced mostly Rad/Vir with a tiny bit of Blast and imp/pun/sla.

I tried Serro too with North Wind, Virulent Scourge, Focus Energy, Voltaic Strike:

Without HofM, proced Viral/Electric.

With HofM, proced mostly Magnetic, some Vir/Elec, a tiny bit of Toxin.

I switched the order on Serro to Virulent Scourge, North Wind, Focus Energy, Voltaic Strike:

Without HofM, same as before.

With HofM, also same as before.

I tried Serro again but with North Wind, Virulent Scourge, Focus Energy, Volcanic Edge:

Without HofM, proc Rad/Vir.

With HofM, proc Rad/Vir/Corrosive/Blast. I have no idea what is going on here.

I also tried Marelok with Ice Storm.

WIth and without HofM, only proced Cold and imp/pun/sla so single element works fine.

I have no idea what is going on, especially in Serro's case.

Any help or ideas about what HofM does with multiple elements on weapons are appreciated.

I can't even tell if this is intended or a bug.

tl;dr

Nevertheless, I believe that it's fine if HofM was intended to change weapon elements but it should be a logical change that can be controlled by the player (kind of like Contagion). That would actually give HofM even more utility.

If this is a bug then a fix would be nice. Hopefully the status chance boosted by multishot from the clones won't be nerfed in this case.

Edited by Yopee

I've seen it proc Radiation (without me having it equipped) but I assumed it was a feature since it fits the "confusing the enemies" motif, I guess I was wrong. Maybe it has to do with the way they fixed mod effects on Hall of Mirrors. 

I've seen it proc Radiation (without me having it equipped) but I assumed it was a feature since it fits the "confusing the enemies" motif, I guess I was wrong. Maybe it has to do with the way they fixed mod effects on Hall of Mirrors. 

That's what I think as well.

My only guess is that the HofM clones' weapons have a different mod layout order from Mirage's weapons. So a mod on the top left corner of Mirage's weapon mod layout is not on the top left corner of the HofM clones' top left corner.

I don't think you guys get it.

Hall of MIRRORS!

What do mirrors do? Reverse the image.

Geez... Working as intended

That's what I thought at first too so that's why I messed around with my elemental mods and their order but doesn't make any sense to me.

Just look at my results for Serro. I can proc Radiation/Viral/Corrosive/Blast altogether with one mod setup.

If this is intended then it'd be great if there's any sort of confirmation or explanation from DE.

But forum mod moved my thread to bugs so I have a hunch this is an unintended bug.