Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List Of Weapons That Need To Be Fixed

Zurakci

So I have a list of weapons that need to be fixed for reasons.

NERF SECTION:

#1: Ogris
It should really say itself when this weapon have  more ammo by default than some rifles with ammo mod. This weapon is one of the most heavy hitting weapons, slow, but HEAVY, and that you can fire it as much as a rifle is stupid. Give it the same amount of ammo as a sniper or less and the weapon would be alittle bit more balanced.

#2: Penta

Again with an explosive weapon, but now, this is a semi auto grenade launcher that can deal massive physical damage (on impact with the grenade) and explosive damage. This weapon too comes with so much ammo that other weapons is not needed at all. Tune down the high amount of ammo and maybe the physical damage would make it more balanced

#3: Angstrum`?

I am not sure here. Its like a penta and ogris had a baby. Its a semi auto with charge function, that deal high amounts of damage both single fired or fully charge. I would more love it if it either did less damage or had less ammo. Never gone empty on any of these weapons.

#4: Jat Kittag

This is more "Cause it does" kind of situations were this weapon deals alot of damage for some reason on its leap attack that playing against anyone with it in either conclave or dualing arena is just not fun. It knocks you down 5-10 meter away without the range mod and its range with the super spin stance Crushing Ruin can easly take down any opponent from any distance without moving the warframe.

So.. Idk. Either nerf the heavy range+ damage for the range or just the damage.

FIXES:

#1: (ENEMY) Napalm Grineer's Napalm launcher
Holy $hit is this weapon broken. Goes through walls, rapid fire, burn, no side effects for the Grineer to use it at any range.The rate of fire needs a nerf, the "Go Behind walls and snowglode cause explosives" needs to go away, and I think the should be grineer damage as well, making them NOT use the launcher when the enemy is in their face.

#2: (ENEMY) Bombard Grineer's Launcher

Shouldnt this be the Ogris or something? I mean. It is the same model, why does it follow its target and all? Why is it so slow you could walk from it with a slow Rhino. Make the missiles into Rockets, and make them go fast (so they can actually hit you) and do the thing that I said about the Napalm. Not through walls and snowglobe, and not when the enemy is close.

#3. (Enemy) Acient's range attack. AKA the Scorpion hook
Yeah. The hook is bothering me simply cause its not the arm of the infested, but a hook from the Grineer Scorpion. All we need now is a "GET OVER HERE!" everytime the Ancient uses it.

#4. (Enemy) THE AMOUNT OF BALLS!

The Seekers have infinite balls that they toss on me and its getting to the point of being ridiculous. The Kraken Burst Pistol deals heavy damage, but I am more annoyed when 10 flashing balls are sitting on me going all "NOTICE US, TENNO SENPAI!" I dont see a Roller Belt either, so where he pulls them out from is something I really dont wish to know.

#5. WHIPS AND RANGE MODS!

I do not see that the REACH melee mod does anything longer when it comes to whips melee distance and the leap attacks. Could do with a change there.

That is all I have. All other weapons seems fairly ok.

Hmm.

Explosives

Ogris - No.

The Ogris entirely, it needs a buff, seeing how Penta begins with more effectiveness in crowd control while Ogris being a Clan Lab weaponry just simply gets itself out-shined as the Grenade Launcher simply lays remote mines to where the users needed it.

The weapon itself is also balanced out by the way it can kill their own users with almost full damage in every shot if they tend to fire at the 5-meter marking.

Penta Also no.

The weapon is balanced out by the 5 limit-count for every user and hardly we ever see three players using Penta's as their primary weapon in a single cell. The trajectory of weapon itself is also an issue that cuts most of its benefits off, for being actual grenades that has a chance lob on walls, bouncing towards you instead of the enemy.

Angstrum - It's not a child of Penta!

Although half-way, a child of Ogris... but also kills you as well. But unlike it's Primary counterpart, it is more inaccurate, especially when you modded it with Multi-shot mods. It is also expensive, since it normally requires players to farm for Argon Crystals that expire overnight, which can also be frustrating.

For the Ammunition of Explosive Weaponry themselves In before.

Many have argued that explosive weaponry should have Sniper ammunition or a unique Launcher ammunition. But, as what I can observed (recently), that large ammunition for the explosives was actually just worth it. Since the entire idea of the explosives themselves are due to the Risk-Reward system, if you are experienced enough to use the launchers safely, it will come to par with weapons such as the Grakata and Boar Prime when it comes to crowd control. Failure will be expensive as you die a lot from your own weapons. Like what happened to me when I used Ogris.

Jat Kittag - Even more 'No'.

Jat Kittag has already been overshined by stronger weapons such as Dragon Nikana, yet both of them are purposed for combo-attacks. DN normally does more damage than this hammer, but Jat Kittag is more focused rampaging larger groups rather than tougher enemies like Heavy Grineer due to its larger arcing. Not to mention Jat Kittag is easily obtainable, despite being a Clan Lab weapon.

Enemies

Napalms - Hek, No.

They deserved to be deadly as the way they should be, as means of being an actual challenge that rewards valuable mods such as Rage. Their large flame damage just allows the players to be what they should be, Ninjas. Dodging already slow (yet loud) flames of death for us to deliver that satisfying blow that they deserve.

Bombards It's realism of explosives.

The way they should be. Since, Damage 2.0 did made Blast damage a reality for us as well, why not give the Bombard a chance to knock us over for once? Bombards used to be shunned upon for being weaker than the Heavy Gunners, but with the explosives working as they are, they should supposed to be watched out.

AncientsWell...

We do need the spice for the Infested, since they are practically the easiest faction to farm upon. Allowing those knock-downs give our senses that Ancients are a force to be reckoned with. Sure, there are Chargers, but they're just glass cannons. The actual threat should be their heavies, instead of the lighter infested.

SeekersDude...

Latchers are very easily to get rid off, just roll once and a bunch of Latchers will be off your butt in no time.

For the whips... I leave you no opinion. So, sorry for only to that part.

Hmm.

Explosives

Ogris - No.

The Ogris entirely, it needs a buff, seeing how Penta begins with more effectiveness in crowd control while Ogris being a Clan Lab weaponry just simply gets itself out-shined as the Grenade Launcher simply lays remote mines to where the users needed it.

The weapon itself is also balanced out by the way it can kill their own users with almost full damage in every shot if they tend to fire at the 5-meter marking.

Penta Also no.

The weapon is balanced out by the 5 limit-count for every user and hardly we ever see three players using Penta's as their primary weapon in a single cell. The trajectory of weapon itself is also an issue that cuts most of its benefits off, for being actual grenades that has a chance lob on walls, bouncing towards you instead of the enemy.

Although half-way, a child of Ogris... but also kills you as well. But unlike it's Primary counterpart, it is more inaccurate, especially when you modded it with Multi-shot mods. It is also expensive, since it normally requires players to farm for Argon Crystals that expire overnight, which can also be frustrating.

Many have argued that explosive weaponry should have Sniper ammunition or a unique Launcher ammunition. But, as what I can observed (recently), that large ammunition for the explosives was actually just worth it. Since the entire idea of the explosives themselves are due to the Risk-Reward system, if you are experienced enough to use the launchers safely, it will come to par with weapons such as the Grakata and Boar Prime when it comes to crowd control. Failure will be expensive as you die a lot from your own weapons. Like what happened to me when I used Ogris.

Jat Kittag has already been overshined by stronger weapons such as Dragon Nikana, yet both of them are purposed for combo-attacks. DN normally does more damage than this hammer, but Jat Kittag is more focused rampaging larger groups rather than tougher enemies like Heavy Grineer due to its larger arcing. Not to mention Jat Kittag is easily obtainable, despite being a Clan Lab weapon.

Enemies

Napalms - Hek, No.

They deserved to be deadly as the way they should be, as means of being an actual challenge that rewards valuable mods such as Rage. Their large flame damage just allows the players to be what they should be, Ninjas. Dodging already slow (yet loud) flames of death for us to deliver that satisfying blow that they deserve.

The way they should be. Since, Damage 2.0 did made Blast damage a reality for us as well, why not give the Bombard a chance to knock us over for once? Bombards used to be shunned upon for being weaker than the Heavy Gunners, but with the explosives working as they are, they should supposed to be watched out.

AncientsWell...

We do need the spice for the Infested, since they are practically the easiest faction to farm upon. Allowing those knock-downs give our senses that Ancients are a force to be reckoned with. Sure, there are Chargers, but they're just glass cannons. The actual threat should be their heavies, instead of the lighter infested.

SeekersDude...

Latchers are very easily to get rid off, just roll once and a bunch of Latchers will be off your butt in no time.

I am blown on that it looks like you either didnt read or didnt want to understand

Explosive weapons SHOULD NOT have tons of ammo. Its like playing in... I dont know... Battlefield, planetside or some other games with rocket launchers and then you have 210 missiles in your backpack and 30 in the magazine. How stupid would that be?

The nerf of the enemies is needed. When it comes to the Seekers and Latchers its for the main reason of the spam. Even the Leech osprey got a limit to its leech shots. And I werent bashing on Ancients. I said fix it so the hook is their hand or a tentacle  grabbing us, so no need on the rant about they should have it. Didnt say no. Said different hook model. 

Other than that. Opinion based. The DE have done more realistic "Fix" to other stuff. These are the stuff that needs that treatment. It is my opinion. And you have yours. Mine is more Realism based. Your is more "Stay as it is cause its just a game" based.

i dont think you realize that ammo cap wont change a thing in terms of these weapons

my ogris is built in order reload and fire faster.....and its all because of the mods and not the design of the gun

also to note, if i have a nekros....ammo will not run out....if i have ammo restores....ammo will not run out

so do you call for a nerf to nekros and ammo restores also because it keeps restoring ogris, penta, and angstrum?

this would be like saying any weapon that does too much damage with mods needs a nerf....sorry but i cannot take this thread seriously

Edited by sekushiiandee

Hmm.

Explosives

Ogris - No.

Penta Also no.

Enemies

Napalms - Hek, No.

AncientsWell...

SeekersDude...

You seriously believe the Penta is more effective than the ogris at CC?

Credibility 0 already

The risk/reward on both weapons is ridiculous and we all know a good Ogris or Penta user wont die very often at all from their own hit

Theyre used tot he range an d nothing gets close enough for that to even happen anyways in most scenarios

Both weapons obsolete all else in anything that isnt star chart non endless mission

They should split the damage they do between all targets they hit.

or have 10 ammo MAX!  50 for penta

Thats a bit heavy of a nerf ._.

Itd become a pointless weapon instantly since its single target DPS is kinda Meh and its Group damage potential would be very meh...

Miter and Torid need big buffs, badly. Weapons like Grinlok, Attica, Ballistica, Sybaris and others need their ammo and magazines reconsidered.

Snipers need some serious love, while Shotguns are due for some improvements.

Plus a lot of weapons are really similar to one another and could do with more differentiation.

Miter and Torid need big buffs, badly. Weapons like Grinlok, Attica, Ballistica, Sybaris and others need their ammo and magazines reconsidered.

Snipers need some serious love, while Shotguns are due for some improvements.

Plus a lot of weapons are really similar to one another and could do with more differentiation.

Keep in mind none of these weapons have their second tier out (assuming they will exist eventually)

Lets wait for the improved versions and see where it goes

Keep in mind none of these weapons have their second tier out (assuming they will exist eventually)

Lets wait for the improved versions and see where it goes

No, they've got some fundamental usability problems, especially the Torid and Miter, and should be addressed rather than have a whole new weapon released.

No, they've got some fundamental usability problems, especially the Torid and Miter, and should be addressed rather than have a whole new weapon released.

The miter is terrible but  the torid isnt bad

It could use some love but not the kind suggested on the forums sometimes

Alot of people would want it to be another Ogris/Penta god tier weapon

We should focus on avoiding and reducing those

The miter is terrible but  the torid isnt bad

It could use some love but not the kind suggested on the forums sometimes

Alot of people would want it to be another Ogris/Penta god tier weapon

We should focus on avoiding and reducing those

Well, as you say, the long and short of the Penta/Ogris problem is that they need reduced ammo capacity. I'd actually put it both on Sniper ammo and limit it to 36 ammo (half of the Sniper max). Using a Sniper Mutation mod would render the ammo issue moot, but would occupy a mod space and thus make it a more subtle weapon to mod.

Torid's pretty bad. It was good back when procs were guaranteed, so that you could mod it for Cold and slow down enemies.

Right now it needs a lot of small changes, like a bigger AoE cloud that lingers for longer, better fire rate and magazine size, better status chance and possibly better damage.

Miter has the opposite problem of the Ogris and Penta, which is it uses Sniper Ammo when it should have Rifle Ammo. The blades have great status chance but the damage needs a buff, the firerate needs improving, and the charge mechanic needs to be seriously reconsidered - I'd like a Stug mechanic where charging the Miter consumes some ammo, and releasing it fires all those blades at once with increased Punch-through.

Nerfs:

#1 Ogris
I agree.

#2 Penta

I agree. 

#3 Angstrum
I agree.

#4 Jat Kittag
I don't know. 

The other stuff:

Napalms are still broken, this is true. 

Bombards are still ridiculous with their U-turn missiles, this is also true. 

Scorpion hooks without 'GET OVER HERE' should be a crime, implement now. 

Seekers don't really bother me. Haven't tried using a range mod on whips as their range is usually insane already, but that's just me. 

Edited by TwiceDead

Well, as you say, the long and short of the Penta/Ogris problem is that they need reduced ammo capacity. I'd actually put it both on Sniper ammo and limit it to 36 ammo (half of the Sniper max). Using a Sniper Mutation mod would render the ammo issue moot, but would occupy a mod space and thus make it a more subtle weapon to mod.

Torid's pretty bad. It was good back when procs were guaranteed, so that you could mod it for Cold and slow down enemies.

Right now it needs a lot of small changes, like a bigger AoE cloud that lingers for longer, better fire rate and magazine size, better status chance and possibly better damage.

Miter has the opposite problem of the Ogris and Penta, which is it uses Sniper Ammo when it should have Rifle Ammo. The blades have great status chance but the damage needs a buff, the firerate needs improving, and the charge mechanic needs to be seriously reconsidered - I'd like a Stug mechanic where charging the Miter consumes some ammo, and releasing it fires all those blades at once with increased Punch-through.

36 seems reasonable for Ogris/Penta though it could get its own ammo type

Perhaps sniper ammo could be changed to "Special" instead so its not so strange that rockets are considered sniper ammo

My current Torid build has 46 status chance

I get a fair amount of radiation procs and decimate crowds with gas bombs

im pretty sure its impossible to get any single element like cold or fire since innate elements come last (cant remember but i think they came first before. Need to check up on that sometime)

Adding a higher base status would help it a bit though im a status nut so theres some bias in there

Edited by Azawarau

36 seems reasonable for Ogris/Penta though it could get its own ammo type

Perhaps sniper ammo could be changed to "Special" instead so its not so strange that rockets are considered sniper ammo

My current Torid build has 46 status chance

I get a fair amount of radiation procs and decimate crowds with gas bombs

im pretty sure its impossible to get any single element like cold or fire since innate elements come last (cant remember but i think they came first before. Need to check up on that sometime)

Adding a higher base status would help it a bit though im a status nut so theres some bias in there

If you want a single element, like cold, on Torrid, then you need to add a Toxic mod to combine with another element. Ie, Electricity.

Putting in the mods in a sequence like [Toxic] [Electricity] [Cold] will result in a weapon that deals [Corrosive] [Cold] damage.

Same thing works for every single element type. Weapons that deal combined elements like Corrosive or Viral do not absorb single element mods, though. Putting a Toxic mod into a Corrosive weapon will make it deal Corrosive and Toxic damage.

If you want a single element, like cold, on Torrid, then you need to add a Toxic mod to combine with another element. Ie, Electricity.

Putting in the mods in a sequence like [Toxic] [Electricity] [Cold] will result in a weapon that deals [Corrosive] [Cold] damage.

Same thing works for every single element type. Weapons that deal combined elements like Corrosive or Viral do not absorb single element mods, though. Putting a Toxic mod into a Corrosive weapon will make it deal Corrosive and Toxic damage.

You know

I never thought to do that but never needed to since my favorite weapons and ele combos dont include single elements for innate elemental weapons

Either way

I still think the torid could use love but isnt bad as is either

Edited by Azawarau