Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On This Build?

KairaSilvermist

Question

If this is the wrong topic for this, I apologize, ComMods.

I've been looking at various mods I have, and at one specific Frame I don't see played often, becaue people say their abilities are "Crap", and "Don't Scale". Those of you that are going to tell me not to build Oberon, I will not heed. I am going to build him, and I WILL build him ot be good at something. I want to know thoughts on this build, and a way that I could, potentially, improve it. The build in question will be mainly focused in raising his Stamina, Shields, Health, and Armor as High as possible. The build is as follows, for those curious:

Orokin Reactor

Steel Charge Aura

Renewal on Slot 1

Steel Fiber on Slot 2 after Formae to a (D)

Acrobat/Rush on Slot 3, depending on mission.

Quick Rest on Slot 4

Redirection on Slot 5 after Formae to a (D)

Vigor on Slot 6 after Formae to a (D)

Vitality on Slot 7 after Formae to a (D)

Marathon on Slot 8

Shield Flux on Slot 9

Equilibrium/Master Thief on Slot 10 after Formae to a (Line), Depending on mission.

Before you ask, or make a comment, consider that I'm mainly building Oberon to be able ot get there and tie up or distract the enemy if it needs to be done. I want to build a true "Paladin", and I have the weapon for it (Blade of Holy Fire).

If you have a recommendation to swap out, let me know, but as it stands now, this is the current build I have. If you can recommend a good alternative for any of these mods, don't be afraid to let me know.

8 answers to this question

In my opinion, I do not like builds where the Warframe Ability Polarities are changed due to the use of Forma (as every Warframe Ability is useful in their own way). 

But seeing your build, it looks alright, although Master Thief is not really worth it. And I think Rush would be a more better investment. 

I personally run two builds for Oberon: a Smite/Reckoning Build and a Hallowed Ground/Renewal Build. I don't have access to a few rare mods like Rage, Fleeting Expertise, and the like, so here is what I run with:

Smite/Reckoning - For Ability Use (Tight AOE and some CC)

Intensify

Blind Rage

Flow

Streamline

Redirection

Natural Talent

Quick Thinking/ Any other Survivability Mod

Hallowed Ground/Renewal - Straight Support

Intensify

Blind Rage

Constitution

Flow

Narrow Minded

Vigor

I also have not ever forma'd Oberon, as a heads up. Despite the relative lackluster-ness of what I run, I still find myself doing better than my teammates when I do run him. It all depends on the player, I suppose.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

In my opinion, I do not like builds where the Warframe Ability Polarities are changed due to the use of Forma (as every Warframe Ability is useful in their own way). 

But seeing your build, it looks alright, although Master Thief is not really worth it. And I think Rush would be a more better investment. 

Considering the complaints and how people have yelled at my guildmaster for running Oberon because of his abilities, I assumed that because of those he still wasn't popular. I'm not a fan of damage abilities, and Renewal seems like the only ability I'd actually use in most circumstances.

I know Master Thief isn't worth it, but with the build in its current place, I could swap them out, depending on the mission I'd be running. either way, I'd be able to equip the more expensive ones. FOr the most part, Equilibrium and Rush would be on, but if I'm doing a lot of Void, It'll be Master Thief and Acrobat.

I personally run two builds for Oberon: a Smite/Reckoning Build and a Hallowed Ground/Renewal Build. I don't have access to a few rare mods like Rage, Fleeting Expertise, and the like, so here is what I run with:

Smite/Reckoning - For Ability Use (Tight AOE and some CC)

Intensify

Blind Rage

Flow

Streamline

Redirection

Natural Talent

Quick Thinking/ Any other Survivability Mod

Hallowed Ground/Renewal - Straight Support

Intensify

Blind Rage

Constitution

Flow

Narrow Minded

Vigor

I also have not ever forma'd Oberon, as a heads up. Despite the relative lackluster-ness of what I run, I still find myself doing better than my teammates when I do run him. It all depends on the player, I suppose.

I like that second build's look, and I have the mods, but the issue is the cost of leveling Blind Rage, to me, is not worth the trade-off, though with tanking some damage, I suppose I could get around the inefficiency with Equilibrium. It does depend on the player, as you've said. I may be running mostly solo, and mostly if I'm going to be doing a lot of running, for fun.

For a melee paladin 'tank' build, I would replace slot 3,4,8, 9, and 10 (all the stamina/movement mods) with a highly ranked Reflex Guard+Reflection and the Rage mod for energy generation. Then install Flow and Quick Thinking for a lot more effective health. Build for non-channeled attacks with the life strike mod. When shields go down, proceed to channel to restore health as needed. 

Renewal *works* but will be rather ineffective and lacking 'oomph' compared to the healing from Life Strike. I would suggest replacing it with Soul Punch for stagger/flying enemies or the ult for AoE knockdown and occasional life orbs.

I would suggest replacing it with Soul Punch 

Wut? Oberon can Soul punch?

The stamina/movement mods are to mitigate the extra stamina cost for using the Stance. I find myself constantly running out of stamina partway through a combo, ESPECIALLY in a crowd. I also kind of love Marathon, Quick Rest, and Acrobat a lot. :I

I don't like Reflex Guard, at all. too expensive for me to rank at the moment. Reflection COULD work, and I had not considered that, and I believe it could work very well with this build. I may pull out one for that, but I'd keep Shield Flux, Marathon, and Quick Rest for it. Quick Thinking has me on the ropes a bit... I may consider it with flow, but I'm not stupid, I do have some backup ranged weapons ready to go. In fact, the colours are done, all I have to do is get Obey.

Wut? Oberon can Soul punch?

Ugh. My bad. It does, at least, stagger, no? Whatever it's called (Smite?). Been a while tbh. Still, pick one ability to burn energy when at cap, and accept it's not going to be very good (you'd bring reckoning for the knockdown rather than the damage, etc).

The stamina/movement mods are to mitigate the extra stamina cost for using the Stance. I find myself constantly running out of stamina partway through a combo, ESPECIALLY in a crowd. I also kind of love Marathon, Quick Rest, and Acrobat a lot. :I

Stamina doesn't inhibit your ability to make attacks. It simply prevents you from running or blocking when it's empty. So Reflex Guard removes the need for stamina for blocking (will keep blocking even if you're out of stamina) and there's no need to run when you're 100% immune to frontal damage, and dealing reflection damage as you move. Stamina is one of the most pointless Warframe attributes at the moment and needs looking at. I can't imagine giving up something that'll keep you alive for... what? The ability to sprint?

I don't like Reflex Guard, at all. too expensive for me to rank at the moment. 

You'll get better results from a higher rank, but it will work decently well at around 25-35% which is fairly easy to level to, and that's the rough ranking you'll want if you ever use RG with a gun. I would suggest trying it out. I thought it'd be pointless when you have manual blocking and stamina mods available, but it makes infinite blocking possible and thus is more effective than all the stamina mods combined, for a single slot. The main drawback, an interruption to ranged fire, isn't present when using it on a melee build.

Edited by Darzk

*Snip*

Valid points, all. I've re-checked my build, and I'm going with Reckoning, for a combination of AOE KD,and the chance for the Orbs if I DO kill something.

I've found that not having Stamina prevents combos from working, and I like using those. Silva and Aegis have a 360 degree blocking already, so reflex guard would be pointless with it, since it only effects it with frontal damage, and I'll mostly be using S&A for damage. The build I have for it is viable in most situations. It's not jsut running stamina's used for, the ability to tackle obsticles, close the gap, block 360 degrees, chain combos, and get a good channeling cleaving thing going on, I'll need stamina, and a lot of it.

Fair point about RG, though I don't have the cores or creds to work on that now. I've got a lot of other mods inline to finish, Steel Fiber, Vitality, REdirection, Serration, and Hornet Strike, and those are the oens I know off the top of my head.

It's not jsut running stamina's used for, the ability to tackle obsticles, close the gap, block 360 degrees, chain combos, and get a good channeling cleaving thing going on, I'll need stamina, and a lot of it.

I've not noticed any issues completing combos due to stamina issues, but it's possible. Ignoring that point:

Wall launch and slide->slide attack can be done starting at 0 stamina. The only thing you lose the ability to do is long wall runs and climbs - and really, how often are you doing that while under fire?

Maintaining channeled attacks will require energy generation, more importantly than stamina. You might consider ditching shields and using Rage. Equilibrium will not help you all that much with energy generation because health orbs will be pretty rare (not using Reckoning to kill much).

If you're really worried about stamina, Quick Rest and maybe Marathon is enough. With QR simply sliding occasionally will be enough to fully recharge stamina. Acrobat and Shield Flux (and Maglev etc) is complete overkill.