Is There Even 1 Gaming Company Doing What De Does?

and with that i mean: constant updates/hotfixes/interaction with players?

i play games since a kid (and now im 27.. yea grandpa i know)

and i never saw a gaming developer doing this things at such a high rate

sure bad choices/mistakes happen. but that happens to everyone. i strictly talk about updates/interaction with players and stuff.

GOOD @(*()$ JOB DE

(before u cry. no im not a w.knight - mostly i go mad @DE)

but this had to be said

DE has a lot of flaws, but the amount of good stuff they do outweighs it. They are not a shining beacon to look up to, but they have a few good traits I don't see from any other company. (not including the really small developers)

Edited by cam-o-flage20

If you look at the smaller developers, especially the ones trying to make honest funded MMO's, instead of cash grabs, this is what you'd see.

DeadFrontier used to be that way, but AdminPwn ultimately lost interest and moved on to another game which I don't think is coming along all that well.

Most game developers are too secretive about their works these days. DE may not be a shining beacon of light in the darkness of ambiguous game development, but at the very least they encourage their playerbase to share their opinions as much as possible. That's something to be appreciated.

Edited by Kestral9999

Valve, overkill (well, they used to), Devs of the red solstice, and Terraria's devs, to name a few.

Oh, and every F2P that wants to stay afloat. If F2Ps don't release new stuff every so often, they go under. Constant updates of stuff isn't as rare as you think.

And most small studios/dev groups working on games, as for them it's not something they can afford to let go under/fail.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Valve, overkill (well, they used to), Devs of the red solstice, and Terraria's devs, to name a few.

Oh, and every F2P that wants to stay afloat. If F2Ps don't release new stuff every so often, they go under. Constant updates of stuff isn't as rare as you think.

DE does it faster than most I've seen.

(BTW, never really got around to saying I approve of your name. Grade A 100%)

DE does it faster than most I've seen.

(BTW, never really got around to saying I approve of your name. Grade A 100%)

DE simply has more people, and really, with the exception of major updates they push out a few fixes and a (more or less) reskinned weapon (animations and looks =/= new and original weapon)

(And thanks!)

Every company has its pros and cons. DE's just feel more apparent because we directly experience their actions. Blatant white knighting is the same as destructive feedback, but to each his own. This is the way it goes. 

And most small studios/dev groups working on games, as for them it's not something they can afford to let go under/fail.

He's more talking about the Dev2Player interaction, and I've only seen that SPECIFICALLY personally in Three games. I cna name them all as well;

Warframe - DE contacts players for runs, does streams and shows us what's going on, and generally likes to get our opinion on things.

Terraria - Redgit has used his account on a highly populated IRC thread to tease an update that wasn't said to be coming, and look what happened later, Terraria 1.2. to be fair, he's not spoken as much recently, but he still does.

Starbound - Tiy and co do a good job keeping those of us that have it in the loop :3

We need more DE appreciation threads like this one. They've done so much good for us.

hardly anyone thinks like this; they assume bad habits from other companys/games are here and they try to shoehorn Warframe into those other games instead of playing correctly

and with that i mean: constant updates/hotfixes/interaction with players?

i play games since a kid (and now im 27.. yea grandpa i know)

and i never saw a gaming developer doing this things at such a high rate

sure bad choices/mistakes happen. but that happens to everyone. i strictly talk about updates/interaction with players and stuff.

GOOD @(*()$ JOB DE

(before u cry. no im not a w.knight - mostly i go mad @DE)

but this had to be said

27 is old? lol you're rookie when it comes to gaming son.

Funcom is a stand up company. They have had some rough patches (ie AoC) but they launched a successful sci-fi MMORPG (Anarchy Online) that actually went up against EQ1 fairly well back in the day. It had player tattoos and housing etc. They now have The Secret World which is a FANTASTIC MMORPG and I would say probably the last true MMORPG standing out there. Their micro store has xp boosters but no items with stats and their premium currency is well priced. They listen to their players and interact just as well (a little less than DE tho)

DE, and this is not opinion, is easily the BEST studio out right now for many, many reasons. If players don't know why, it's because they're not involved enough.

Hell, even EA is starting to notice that its time to change game plans, they are pushing Battlefield Hardline back to 2015 to ensure a "more refined game at launch because we listed to all the player feedback!" Ubisoft's The Division(KILLER GAME) is on the 2015 slate as well for same reasons.

He's more talking about the Dev2Player interaction, and I've only seen that SPECIFICALLY personally in Three games. I cna name them all as well;

Warframe - DE contacts players for runs, does streams and shows us what's going on, and generally likes to get our opinion on things.

Terraria - Redgit has used his account on a highly populated IRC thread to tease an update that wasn't said to be coming, and look what happened later, Terraria 1.2. to be fair, he's not spoken as much recently, but he still does.

Starbound - Tiy and co do a good job keeping those of us that have it in the loop :3

Ah, in that sense:

Terraria/starbound as you've said

Warframe "keeps in touch", but the info we get is... more or less "soon" or "around the corner".

The Red Solstice's main dev (Syrus) actively hosts games, allows people to add him on steam, posts on the forums (both steam and their personal forums), and when he hosts a game, it's mostly a cool preview of something new, i.e. I joined a game with him and it showcased a few new enemies, even though they weren't finished yet.

Infested Planet: Dev actively told everyone what was coming in the next patch, and how long until it was ready.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit: Dev actively posted, listened to players feedback (to an extent).

Again, if you look at a lot of small studios/dev teams, they actively communicate with their player base.

hardly anyone thinks like this; they assume bad habits from other companys/games are here and they try to shoehorn Warframe into those other games instead of playing correctly

Because, Lol, Welcome to the internet. Where neigh everything must be about S#&$ flinging and saying how something is more awful than it is. Honestly a good portion of the whiners and complainers on the forums need to stop talking on the forums and actually play the game that they are getting for free and all their frequent content that they are getting for free, and all they're new weapons that change their play styles that they are getting for free.... I think I got the message across, which they all just got for free~

Because, Lol, Welcome to the internet. Where neigh everything must be about S#&$ flinging and saying how something is more awful than it is. Honestly a good portion of the whiners and complainers on the forums need to stop talking on the forums and actually play the game that they are getting for free and all their frequent content that they are getting for free, and all they're new weapons that change their play styles that they are getting for free.... I think I got the message across, which they all just got for free~

Again, if they don't release stuff for free, they go under. They're not releasing everything for free because they love us.

They do it so they don't have to shut warframe down. Oh, and what playstyle changes? It's still run from point a to b, kill/activate target(s), then run to point and leave. The new weapons are all reskins with slightly altered stats, with very few exceptions.

iam a big &#! valve fan since ever (hl1?) and they bring good stuff over the time. but there not famous for interacting with the community alot  (maybe it got a bit better @dota2 but thats all)

what i wish DE could do better: bring EVERY little change in t he patch/fix notes.. i hate unmentioned changes

Ah, in that sense:

Terraria/starbound as you've said

Warframe "keeps in touch", but the info we get is... more or less "soon" or "around the corner".

Like I said, from what I've seen. ANd I'd rather being told something is coming "SOON" than never hearing about it until "Hey suprise, we've added a bunch of thigns that we're not going to tell you a THING about! LOLOLOLOL"