Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Soo Much Hate On Any Pvp Idea?

EvilGambit

I really like the idea of expanding the pvp in this game, it adds more diversity to the game and appeals the game for more people, but i  want that DE mantains the pve as the main focus of this game.

Probably due to just how strong we can make ourselves and our weapons. PvP is going to need a completely different balance compared to PvE and some might be scared that those changes will affect PvE. 

...And as Alphafox said, having both isn't impossible. It needs a lot of changes,but I'm convinced it's still doable...

Why not, PvE players bring up bugs and new weapons and warframe concepts. But when a PvP player does it everyone gets all &!$$y about it. So why are PvE players so entitled?

PVP players should understand that the focus of this game is PVE.

PVP is not on top of the list, is all I'm saying.

and Entitled?

I think PVE are naturally entitled, this is a PVE game after all.

You should be glad they even added PVP features at all.

PVP players should understand that the focus of this game is PVE.

PVP is not on top of the list, is all I'm saying.

and Entitled?

I think PVE are naturally entitled, this is a PVE game after all.

You should be glad they even added PVP features at all.

Just from my experience playing PvP games or PvP modes built into PvE games, it's no unknown that PvP tends to bring out the worst in many individuals, but the degree of flames that PvP can stoke is often underestimated.

That same level of animosity and heat may well carry over in feedback, claiming hackers on one end and blaming DE for incorrectly implementing some feature that led a player to believe he was fighting at a disadvantage.  The longer PvP goes without fixes to what they claim are system inconsistencies, the more likely the player may think that DE may be against them as a person.  Which would go in line with PvP enemies being consistently against them in combat, as any obstacle may become a direct aggressor.

At the same time, PvE players can look at the PvE mode as poorly implemented and look down on the loud, raging PvP whistleblowers.  More so, they may fear what the PVP people want as change because it may affect their PvE gameplay or draw developer resources away from what they think is the most important of game mechanics.

Just a back and forth between the more vocal of the two communities, really.

Just from my experience playing PvP games or PvP modes built into PvE games, it's no unknown that PvP tends to bring out the worst in many individuals, but the degree of flames that PvP can stoke is often underestimated.

That same level of animosity and heat may well carry over in feedback, claiming hackers on one end and blaming DE for incorrectly implementing some feature that led a player to believe he was fighting at a disadvantage.  The longer PvP goes without fixes to what they claim are system inconsistencies, the more likely the player may think that DE may be against them as a person.  Which would go in line with PvP enemies being consistently against them in combat, as any obstacle may become a direct aggressor.

At the same time, PvE players can look at the PvE mode as poorly implemented and look down on the loud, raging PvP whistleblowers.  More so, they may fear what the PVP people want as change because it may affect their PvE gameplay or draw developer resources away from what they think is the most important of game mechanics.

Just a back and forth between the more vocal of the two communities, really.

I play pvp and am fine with balance... just not the spectres... them spectres just ruin a game so fast.

Back then, it was because people thought it would ruin warframe.

Now though, it's really done nothing but bring a whole new level of fun to the game.

Yes! With it being unbalanced and other issues, it adds much more to the game. Believe me sometimes after your 10,000th void mission and collected and used everything it has to offer, I appreciate what DE has done. Once its executed to a point where Quests and end-game also are included, it will be hard to turn away from other video games.

Sorry but this is hardly true as most weapons 1-shot you with enough mods. Not to mention certain weapons aren't even hard to aim at all.

Have fun dodging firestorm penta, 10-mile jump attacks, etc etc.

I don't think you read the entire post, -_- and the Penta is a completely different story.

you didn't read update notes... changes to PVP dont affect pve... btw dont you like fighting another human being, it's a chalenge i like to mix in with the usual hum drum grineer.

I just don't like it when said human being starts being an A****** to me. I play warframe to avoid all of the competitive BS, there are plenty F2P comp. shooters out there for people to play why not leave warframe alone?

Edited by SirGhosty

Why not, PvE players bring up bugs and new weapons and warframe concepts. But when a PvP player does it everyone gets all &!$$y about it. So why are PvE players so entitled?

Because Warframe is a PvE game and stuff like conclaves and the new Dark Sectors were only added in because some people were yelling for PvP content.

PvP has historically brought a certain amount of toxicity to game communities.

Generally, the more complex/competitive the PvP system, the more toxicity that community element will generate.

It's just a problem inherent to the human competitive spirit. When we compete, we're often jerks.

Because Warframe is a PvE game and stuff like conclaves and the new Dark Sectors were only added in because some people were yelling for PvP content.

If PvP was added to stop PvP players from "yelling" then why did they add something that PvP players didn't ask for (and generally what some PvP players hate). Hot fix 14.0.9, "Damage to shields reduced by 50% (also effects conclaves), damage to health reduced by 25% (also effects conclaves)."

If PvP was added to stop PvP players from "yelling" then why did they add something that PvP players didn't ask for (and generally what some PvP players hate). Hot fix 14.0.9, "Damage to shields reduced by 50% (also effects conclaves), damage to health reduced by 25% (also effects conclaves)."

For the same reason above...

only added in because some people were yelling for PvP balance.

PvP has historically brought a certain amount of toxicity to game communities.

Generally, the more complex/competitive the PvP system, the more toxicity that community element will generate.

It's just a problem inherent to the human competitive spirit. When we compete, we're often jerks.

People with low self esteem are often jerks, when it comes to competition.

Fair sportsmen among men, always appreciate their copetition as they know how hard was for them to get where they are now. Look at most sports, real sportsmen do not S#&$ on their competitors after the game.

Back then, it was because people thought it would ruin warframe.

Now though, it's really done nothing but bring a whole new level of fun to the game.

You mean.. people sliding all over the place testing out weapons that were never meant for PvP, in PvP? These same weapons, that we use to instantgib enemies well over our levels?Riiight. So far I've had a dude that oneshotted people with his paris, and a sayrn that came in with an embolist and absolutely demolished, and spawncamped an entire team of people. Now, mind you that this is a simple matter of balance, but how the hell are you going to balance that in PvP, while retaining it's much needed power in PvE? You're not. Warframe was never suited for PvP, the abandoned conclaves in the solar system proved that. Granted, this is their first attempt at making it serious, but I'm still with the belief that PvP never should have come to warframe. It just doesn't mesh with the game's design.

You mean.. people sliding all over the place testing out weapons that were never meant for PvP, in PvP? These same weapons, that we use to instantgib enemies well over our levels?Riiight. So far I've had a dude that oneshotted people with his paris, and a sayrn that came in with an embolist and absolutely demolished, and spawncamped an entire team of people. Now, mind you that this is a simple matter of balance, but how the hell are you going to balance that in PvP, while retaining it's much needed power in PvE? You're not. Warframe was never suited for PvP, the abandoned conclaves in the solar system proved that. Granted, this is their first attempt at making it serious, but I'm still with the belief that PvP never should have come to warframe. It just doesn't mesh with the game's design.

You don't want to play PvP. Fine nobody is forcing you, but stop acting like it's such a problem to have it in the game. You don't like PvP, well it's here so deal with it. Have fun playing with your incredibly incompetent AI.

Edited by Rakshal