Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Soo Much Hate On Any Pvp Idea?

EvilGambit

Edit: just saw your point about sports fans...as a diehard sports fan I don't really know what to say XD

Lol, don't worry it's just a generalization for a simplified point of view, as I said there are a bit more "types".

PVP doesn't fit the lore and it doesn't fit the coolness level of Warframes.

Warframes are meant to be Space Ninjas, ready to rip hordes of enemies apart. If you downtune them till it is "fair" it will be like a very boring form of Battlefield.

"Oh, Ash, you just gave us your killer move and now my neck sligthly hurts, because otherwise it would be unfair. Nova, btw, thanks for that stimulating little re-arrangement of my molecules that gives plus five percent damage..."

I do play a lot of PVP games, in all their forms, and I really like them.

But Warframe PVP... I really enjoy the fun of dueling with my clan mates in the dojo. It doesn't make sense, it is unbalanced and just fun.

That is what it should stay - just a fun option.

Once you get "serious" PVP into a game, people will start to ask for advantages, prices, mods, etc you can only gain in PVP. That is when you play the watered-down PVP Space Ninjas more than the cool "Let us kill legions" version.

And I'd rather play tons of other games originally designed for PVP instead. I felt the solar rails were a mistake already.

Edit: @Zeitzbach, I've only experienced something like that once in my whole time playing conclaves. Don't let one bad experience ruin something for you.

I'm talking about it the general attitudes and effects. Even with specific changes, any PvE change that affects PvP will cause the PvP community to start bashing the PvE community.

When that kind of mechanic changes happen,

PvE-ers will go "Aew DE, you made our life hard again. Boo."

PvP-ers will go "Aew DE, stop trying to make life for veteran worst for the sake of casual PvE-ers"

Imagine if a general Bleeding and Toxic change actually happened cause of that QQs thread

PvE : "Dammit DE, stop making PvE easier"

PvP : "DE, stop ruining conclave. Stop making these kind of changes for PvE, you're ruining PvP!"

Imagine if a new weapon comes out that makes PvE easy because it's an explosive weapon with hit-scan.

PvE : "Dammit DE, when will rockets have its own ammo type?" or "I killed myself, please fix QQ"

PvP : "Dammit DE, stop making BS weapon. You are ruining PvP again. I will not play PvP until you gut this weapon concept. Think about us instead of only PvE ffs."

Just use the recent wall climb and sling shot fix that happened because of the new wall parkour and wall detection. PvE already got a huge bash for that with people saying "Just keep it for PvP please" despite the fact that it might not even be possible. Stat change and damage reduction can easily be slapped on as if it was a nightmare mode debuff. An actual mechanic change? Not really. If it was possible, it would take a long time and resources away from PvE contents.

Edited by Zeitzbach

I'm talking about it the general attitudes and effects. Even with specific changes, any PvE change that affects PvP will cause the PvP community to start bashing the PvE community.

Just use the recent wall climb and sling shot fix that happened because of the new wall parkour and wall detection. PvE already got a huge bash for that with people saying "Just keep it for PvP please" despite the fact that it might not even be possible. Stat change and damage reduction can easily be slapped on as if it was a nightmare mode debuff. An actual mechanic change? Not really. If it was possible, it would take a long time and resources away from PvE contents.

What PvP players are you hanging out with? I've been playing conclaves and DS quite a lot recently and by-and-large everyone there is polite and normal. I think I've met more rude players in PvE than PvP here. As for the basic misunderstanding of the concept of separate dev teams, I'll let that one slide. 

when will ppl realize that warframe will forever be mainly a co op game....the pvp elements are just to goof around with....please dont take it serious, guys!

No one needs your crap. :D

Edited by Rakshal

No one needs your crap. :D

He got the point tho.

Warframe is PvE focused game and you can only dream about proper PvP balance. Take a look at duels and conclaves? Is there any balance happening?

Edited by RoboDoge

He got the point tho.

Warframe is PvE focused game and you can only dream about proper PvP balance. Take a look at duels and conclaves? Is there any balance happening?

Why can't we have both? Seriously, give me one good reason why this game should not have a good PvP mode. Oh, and "it attracts toxic players" isn't a good reason.

The reason I despised many of the PvP suggestions that came up was that they were ideas that directly impinged on the PvE experience. For instance, a Dark-Souls like experience where you invade someone else's mission as a 'hostile Tenno' or Stalker and attacked the other players. I cannot imagine anything more annoying than Lord Douchington von Arsehat coming into my game and screwing with my (decidedly solo) experience. 

If people want to PvP in Conclaves or those Dark Sector conflicts or whatever they're called, fine. Go for it, and enjoy. . . whatever it is you get out of that experience, I suppose.

Why can't we have both? Seriously, give me one good reason why this game should not have a good PvP mode. Oh, and "it attracts toxic players" isn't a good reason.

It's a good enough reason for some of us.

Edited by Sparrohawk

PvPers always love to ruin stuff for PVE players, they don't give one sh*t about the story or lore of a game they infest, they just love to wave their E-Peens around and anything that isn't related to PvP they whine that is a waste, etc.

In real life we got bullies, douchebags, and chavs, in gaming we got PvPers....

Edited by Ricardo58

The reason is simple. To have a good PVP experience with rewards, you need to balance the game to a point where you do not play a super-Space Ninja anymore, but just a soldier in a weird - very nicely designed - outfit.

I don't know about you, but I play Warframe for very different reasons than for example War Thunder. Or Battlefield 3.

Nothing to say against FUN PVP... Enjoy ripping your fellow Tenno apart, just for a laugh.

Edited by Fezairin

PvPers always love to ruin stuff for PVE players, they don't give one sh*t about the story or lore of a game they infest, they just love to wave their E-Peens around and anything that isn't related to PvP they whine that is a waste, etc.

How ironic, you say PvPers ruin stuff for PvEers yet your tying to ruin our experience. Anyone see a problem with this?

I am not against PvP in any way, i just want to point that PvP wont get same attention as PvE in here.

The reason is simple. To have a good PVP experience with rewards, you need to balance the game to a point where you do not play a super-Space Ninja anymore, but just a soldier in a weird - very nicely designed - outfit.

I don't know about you, but I play Warframe for very different reasons than for example War Thunder. Or Battlefield 3.

Nothing to say against FUN PVP... Enjoy ripping your fellow Tenno apart, just for a laugh.

They already have separate stats for PvP, and there have been many games that show you can still have super-soldier type players in a balanced PvP setting

That's pretty selfish. :/

You guys cannot accept that Warframe is primary PvE game and PvP is unloved child. Just take a look on any PvP content that has been added till now, and how unbalanced that is.

Balance of PvP requires fully dedicated team of coders as that job is never done, and i dont think that DE have enough manpower to run that. Before saying "Why dont employ some more?" think about if they are getting enough money for that.

Did you read that post before you submitted it? Because you literally just contradicted yourself.

Balance of PvP requires fully dedicated team of coders as that job is never done, and i dont think that DE have enough manpower to run that. Before saying "Why dont employ some more?" think about if they are getting enough money for that.

It's an MMO nobodies job is ever done, PvE gets more story/events and PvP gets fixed. Everybody's happy.