Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Soo Much Hate On Any Pvp Idea?

EvilGambit

You must not have read this thread. PvP already has separate stats.They can balance it separately.

As for the AI, no matter how good it is it's always going to be incompetent and predictable. That's a sad fact of game AI, which is why enemy design is so important.

Uh, where are you getting this information? PvP does NOT have seperate stats. The only difference between conclaves, and PvP at this moment is how the mods come into weapons.

Uh, where are you getting this information? PvP does NOT have seperate stats. The only difference between conclaves, and PvP at this moment is how the mods come into weapons.

For one, Shields and Health get a 50% and 25% damage reduction, respectively.

Frames take a percentage less damage on their health and shields. Abilities behave different. Some weapons have different damage stats.

For one, Shields and Health get a 50% and 25% damage reduction, respectively.

Frames take a percentage less damage on their health and shields. Abilities behave different. Some weapons have different damage stats.

And no one plays PvP.

PVP players should understand that the focus of this game is PVE.

PVP is not on top of the list, is all I'm saying.

and Entitled?

I think PVE are naturally entitled, this is a PVE game after all.

You should be glad they even added PVP features at all.

Because the PvP is just goddamn unfun.

Let me just stand in this spot and lob penta grenades into the enemy team's spawn. Yep. Fun alright. Oh, they are shooting at me. Frost bubble. Oh look. They think they're people. Then the invariable crap that happens due to ~Elite PVP~ occurs and ruins everyone's fun and gameplay. The latest Sechura shenanigans is just a symptom of having PVP in a primarily PVE game.

Especially when PVP controls PvE elements.

tl;dr.

PVP

bEFsj0E.png

Edited by Mazrim

Edit: @ Above post, exactly my point.

I don't know what is there to argue honestly.

MANY games have done this (and the ones that didn't ended up failing or being forced to do it along the line)

If a game is PvE oriented it can have PvP, but it has to have different balance and rules for each scenario, for example, Nyx permanent mind control is cool and fine in PvE but don't expect her to intawin by permanently shutting down any foe in PvP, they have to behave differently in each scenario.

There's no reason not to add PvP and make stuff like rails battle 100% PvP if they do it properly.

Edited by VoidianAgent

Uh, no. I don't.

Here.

Person A says no one plays PvP. Then I quote two guys that say how DE has changed something for PvP, without harming PvE. So this means that someone does play PvP, or at least someone keeps up with the updates/hotfixes they make. So those two comments prove him wrong.

Then I sarcastically state that no one plays PvP. That was probably the problem.

Here.

Person A says no one plays PvP. Then I quote two guys that say how DE has changed something for PvP, without harming PvE. So this means that someone does play PvP, or at least someone keeps up with the updates/hotfixes they make. So those two comments prove him wrong.

Then I sarcastically state that no one plays PvP. That was probably the problem.

1: Sarcasm doesn't go over well in text media.

2: Person A, in this case, made no such assertion. Amusingly, I myself have never used the PVP systems more than thrice.

Both the vocal anti-pve-ers and vocal anti-pvp-ers only make up the smallest part of the community.

The vast majority are the silent-neutral players. Theyll play pvp if its interesting enough, they wont hate or complain, they wont provide much feedback, and will simply move on to the next thing when they get bored of it.

And the current dark sector conflict quickly gets dull after playing a few rounds. So much glass cannon, so much op weapon and abilities, much toxic/slash, melee slam knockdowns, and also lag. Its so messed up atm, but seeing DE already has trouble balancing the pve part of the game, I seriously doubt that pvp will ever become balanced. Tweaking the frames, weapons, mods, damage systems, the rule of the game mode, and setting up dedicated servers, just for the pvp, is going to take alot of time and effort.

Edited by khk6

My thoughts on PVP in Warframe:

Let it be in here, if people want to play against eachother let them, but don't force people to play PVP (IE. make pvp only rewards that affect the whole game, such as mods warframes weapons) there should be nothing that you can earn in PVP that you can't earn in PVE, likewise, equipment should be balanced specifically for PVP and separate from the balance for PVE. Warframe Powers should be left alone, yes I know this means that ash and a few others will always be 'top tier' picks but nerfing the powerful ones will only detract from why that frame exists, and frankly in PVP games theres always one or two 'classes' that are top tier and everything else is useless in comparison.

We shouldn't fight eachother about this issue, we all play the same game, but do need to realize that pvp and pve are very diffren things.

DE planned that the mobile defence game mode would still be there for those who don't like PvP but still want to fight for their rails. This hasn't been done yet. Hopefully for the PvE exclusive players, DE will look into it. It would be nice to be able to continue fighting for my rails before I end up punching in my monitor due to competitive rage.

I was reading some old topics about PvP, and a few comment chains on Youtube that was using the inclusion and improvement of PvP elements on Warframe as a subject, and all of these discussions ended up being just a exchange of insults.

I was hoping somebody with more contact with the community could explain to me why this happens. I've been following Warframe for a long time now, but i never did grasp the main points on both sides of this PvP discussion.

A few reasons:

1. There are very few co-op PvE shooter games, and about a bajillion PvP co-op games

2. Any time spent on PvP is time that could be spent making PvE better.

3. Warframe was first PvE and was clearly stated it would be PvE, without them looking at ever adding PvP (dispite what the PvP fans tell you, PvP got added because they yelled, screamed and begged for it)

4. Warframe simply isnt balanced for PvE which is leagues more resistant to balance descrepencies than PvP.

5. PvP really doesnt fit with the theme of the setting DE started with (losr tenno beigning to awake to help control the ever growing Grineer and Corpus threats)

Personally, wouldn't mind PvP stuff at all. It needs a lot of fixing, but there's no reason DE couldn't make a sweet PvP portion of the game.

Still, I'd be even happier with bigger and better PvE, with a strong end-game, and mechanics that keep the game fun and awesome way past the point you have everything there is to have in WF.

Edited by (PS4)icysuspect