Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Choosing What Color To Dye Your Kubrow Hair

SirAuron

Seeing as many are not satisfied with their color for free, but not all colors are free.

Patterns and symbols are random. And perhaps the shade of color. Rare patterns and symbols can be provided at random.

And besides, if you have issue with certain colors being on Kubrows then only provide coors that you think kubrows can have.

They come in plenty of colors so only provide only those colors. Remember, it's a Kubrow dye system so it's different from a paint job.

Edited by SirAuron

Something tells me we won't ever get the option to PICK what colors and pattern we want for our Kubrow, even with this solution of theirs they may be thinking of. Plus I think it'd defeat the purpose of Kubrow imprints.

Yes I want the option to pick what color and pattern my Kubrow has but I don't really see that being a possibility.

Edited by Trowicia

Seeing as many are not satisfied with their color for free, but not all colors are free.

But that totally invalidates the imprints I made specifically for color breeding, effectively wasting my hard work getting those special bred color pallets. 

Is that so hard? Just make em exactly like frames - you can buy patterns for plat, and you can buy color packs for plat. No random bull@#$% just pick what you want and go.

they don't want to do that because they don't really like the idea of rainbow colored Kubrows 

But that totally invalidates the imprints I made specifically for color breeding, effectively wasting my hard work getting those special bred color pallets. 

What if the pattern and any symbol was random. As well as other things. And of course the rare stuff.

What if the pattern and any symbol was random. As well as other things. And of course the rare stuff.

But the pattern is also something that can be imprinted :/ not trying to argue, just very proud of being able to breed 3 consecutive generations of lotus patterned kubrows

I like the idea of breeding for all kinds of different qualities, including print and color, but the system needs to be better flushed out. I've not tried my hand at Kubrow breeding, because the system still seems in its infancy now, and I don't want to spend plat on it just yet. And the result of breeding for a very specific Kubrow means you'll have tons of frozen puppies chilling in your ship, and I'm not sure I'm okay with that. I think Kubrows in general, everything about them, needs to go back to the drawing-board. I mean, massacring hundred of Kubrow just to steal one egg, which likely will not produce a Kubrow you want seems excessively cruel and lore-breaking. Then, thousands of feral Kubrow deaths later and probably a dozen frozen puppies, you have a Kubrow you actually really want, and its DNA decays in a matter because aparently we are doing some crazy unstable and unethical genetic mutating in order to, what, turn their eyes white and keep them from biting us? That doesn't seem right. And then you have to train it up to level 30, but lotus forbid it actually takes any damage or else it decides it hates you and become even less effective than it already was...leading to an even more difficult process of keeping it alive while training. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of Kubrows, and DE is on the right track. But its far from a system that makes sense lore-wise, and far from gameplay friendly. They need a less cruel, and less rng basis for acquiring eggs, a better flushed out breeding system with the ability to sell your unwanted Kubrow, either to other players or to a Lotus ranch for credit or minimal plat, and they need to start out more durable, so they don't die in every mission you take them on for training. 

[/rant]

But the pattern is also something that can be imprinted :/ not trying to argue, just very proud of being able to breed 3 consecutive generations of lotus patterned kubrows

Well, that's not apart of the dye system. That is rare and should stay rare. But being able to dye hair makes perfect sense

the ability to sell your unwanted Kubrow, either to other players or to a Lotus ranch for credit or minimal plat

I think this is a good idea for sure, I'd like a non-cruel way to deal with unwanted kubrow. Like some kind of shelter for unwanted kubrow, where other players who don't care about color/type can adopt them for a fee that is less than the current "Breed You Own Kubrow" kit

Edited by BioticBear

Something tells me we won't ever get the option to PICK what colors and pattern we want for our Kubrow, even with this solution of theirs they may be thinking of. Plus I think it'd defeat the purpose of Kubrow imprints.

Yes I want the option to pick what color and pattern my Kubrow has but I don't really see that being a possibility.

I agree with both of these. 

A lot of us enjoy the added time and effort that goes into making the perfect kubrow. It increases the satisfaction you get when you finally have that amazing looking kubrow you've worked so hard for.

It also just doesn't seem to fit the general theme and DE's goals to be able to pick and choose what colors you want anytime you want and change them back and forth. Sentinels and Warframes are machines, it makes sense that you can just paint them however you want. Kubrow are living creatures with their own unique traits and personalities.

I made a suggestion I believe presents a nice middle-ground if anyone would care to look at it here >

forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/274647-kubrow-coloring-system-20/#entry3167761'>forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/274647-kubrow-coloring-system-20/#entry3167761

Edited by TickTockMan

Well, there are people who love to dress their pets, put jewels on them, wash their hair, change their appearance, perhaps dye their hair. Pet lovers in games do these things so it makes sense to be able to further modify their appearance with a dye system.

it is rare for any game to allow you to recolor anything, but warframe allows it, might as well go further.

And besides, breeding takes way too long to get the right color. it would drive someone to the point of insanity. Especially when they see someone with the color they want and they never get it. At least with grinding, you get results faster, this however requires grinding and waiting and letting the unwanted Kubrows die in the ship.

Edited by SirAuron