De, It's Time To Remove The Fps Cap For Semi-Auto Weapons

Given the onset of increasing powercreep and the lack of love for a good portion semi-auto weapons, it's time to remove this obsolete handicap.

It really doesn't do anything more than punish users with weaker systems. It also doesn't make sense why it elongates the time between shots on burst-fire weapons. I know this one's easy. Just erase that line of code.

The reason this system was implemented in the first place was the AkBolto (or reasons and were). Seriously, that's it. The AkBolto's damage + it's RoF + scroll-wheel-binding + armor-ignore allowed the AkBoltos to outdamage everything in a time before OP Acrid, before Ogris, before Vortex-Ignis combo, and definitely before Boltor Prime.

Really, they could've just nerfed AkBoltos, but they were cooking up the Acrid and they saw the road ahead. It was a bleak future for Primaries.

Now, AkBoltos are just strong, but are made weak as with many other semi-auto weapons, by this 24 FPS cap, which is broken due to FPS loss on weaker systems. I don't think this will have a negative impact on the game, as most semi-auto fire-rates fall below values where scroll-wheel-binding would be necessary to make the most use out of them.

Warframe 2014!

Aaah I see, so you want the crinkum in the crackum, but first we need the crackers?

lol...wut?

Sorry, my cereal didn't come with a decoder ring this morning.

Google Says: crinkum-crackum is elaborate decoration. Yeah, brah. I don't follow.

CrinkumCrackumCrackers.png

Hey, buddy! Look at that! You're a source! GG

Edited by Go4tfi5h

Just erase that line of code.

My god, get this man a cookie. He just learned coding and fixed a "problem" with the game.

Honestly, if you are getting under 30 FPS, upgrade your system. I get it, right? Not everyone can have a strong system to play games on, but this is PC and not console. By nature, it's alot friendlier to the people that have money to shell out on their rig and if you're under 30 fps... that's on you. Your under-performing computer is making the game into a slideshow, and that's a problem YOU need to fix. Not the Devs. That "Line of code" is in for a reason. 

My god, get this man a cookie. He just learned coding and fixed a "problem" with the game.

Honestly, if you are getting under 30 FPS, upgrade your system. I get it, right? Not everyone can have a strong system to play games on, but this is PC and not console. By nature, it's alot friendlier to the people that have money to shell out on their rig and if you're under 30 fps... that's on you. Your under-performing computer is making the game into a slideshow, and that's a problem YOU need to fix. Not the Devs. That "Line of code" is in for a reason. 

Wow, ok. Yeah, just let me buy another $1600 ticket back to the States (4x the cost of my laptop), quit my nice, long vacation, and get right back to playing on my rig. Hell with that, it's beautiful where I am, but I don't like going to bed before 9 and so I want to play Warframe.

You're basically saying that anyone who can't afford or who doesn't have access to stronger hardware deserves to have their in-game DPS output (not skill, not overall performance) cut down to whatever your FPS counter feels like. I don't have control over a Nova covering an entire tile in fairy dust, or a 4-player pug of Mirages and we all got our clones out. And what reason is that line in the game for? You just said "it's in [the game] for a reason". What does that mean?

Sorry, I don't feel like shelling out $1200 for an ultrabook that I would use 4 weeks in a year. How do you even maintain that kind of view?

Man, when I made this post, I knew that people might be apathetic, but outright opposition to something that wouldn't affect them?

Edited by Go4tfi5h

DE is actively trying to optimize Warframe so that more people with low-end computers can play it, it's in their benefit to attract more players. Burst and semi auto weapons getting awful on slower machines is a blatant flaw (I was warned about it by a friend who got me into this, people are aware of it) and should be adressed. Also I have no clue what wrong did the OP say to deserve this childish hostility, this is a feedback forum not a place to vent your petty frustrations.

Edit: the offending post was removed, good riddance.

Edited by rroorr

Anyhow, it only really affects two or three weapons, so I can't really say its that high priority.

It affects the Latron Prime, Sybaris. Marlok, Brakk Burston Prime etc.

All high end damage guns.

I'm pretty sure it's tied in with the processor, and the processor handles a lot of the AI navigation, meaning that the more enemies there are in the game, the greater the strain on the processor, and the lower the FPS. It's why I used to prefer fighting the Grineer over other enemy types, because they didn't come in massive swarms.

With Latron and Marelok you should be going for headshots, so those aren't as important concerning RoF.

Sybaris is a burst weapon so I didn't count it, as is burston.

Which would leave Brakk which fires quickly enough as it is at normal framerates.

And anyone slapping gunslinger on Brakk is wasting a mod slot and capacity.

Anyhow, the only ones I did count were those with higher RoFs like AkBolto and AkVasto's 10.0.

Marelok's my primary weapon for higher level missions, and the base 2.0 RoF on it is fine, so I dunno how horrible your FPS has to be for that to suck.

Been ranking up Latron Prime lately as well, and I can't find any real issues with its RoF either.

So imo, if you got low FPS, invest in a better system, or lower the graphics