Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boycott Conclave

-Hallow-

No, seriously.  It's just number changes.  Look into that balance guide.  Number changes of damage and blast radius as well as the percentages of certain mods.  It's ALL JUST NUMBER CHANGES.

EDIT: Although I admit, the bugs they have caused are certainly MORE than just number changes, and those need fixing.

Everything is number changes. Even simply color fix. Not so easy as you think as balancing isnt something that can be done overnight. A bit more factors are in play than numbers.

Sorry that you formaed weapons because they were overpowered in your preferred game mode and you relied on their one-hit capabilities combined with bug abuse.

If it were an actual issue, I'd be right behind you. But one hit kills and getting to places you shouldn't be able to were, are and always will be cheap.

No worries here. I've boycotted that bull$hit game mode since day one. So this thread is asking us to do what a majority of the player base has been doing anyways?

Also... OP mentions grinding anti-Tenno gear. How is that different from any other gear?

Why can't you people just get out? Seriously.

Everything is number changes. Even simply color fix. Not so easy as you think as balancing isnt something that can be done overnight. A bit more factors are in play than numbers.

I suppose so.  But these seem to be very simple balancing fixes that have been ignored for a long-&#! time.  I get that we're the minority and that DE doesn't give a F*** about the conclave community, but it's still pretty @(*()$ scary to see a part of the game (that people LOVE) getting torn to shreds by indirect changes (when they change other things for PVE).

If they can so easily ignore PVP... who's to say they don't ignore something else?

Sorry that you formaed weapons because they were overpowered in your preferred game mode and you relied on their one-hit capabilities combined with bug abuse.

If it were an actual issue, I'd be right behind you. But one hit kills and getting to places you shouldn't be able to were, are and always will be cheap.

Sorry that you don't know how to use mobility to your advantage. :)

Exactly this. Any properly done PvP should never be who can press the button first or finds the better camping spot.

Exactly this. Any properly done PvP should never be who can press the button first or finds the better camping spot.

I also suspect that most of this PvP masochists never played Quake or UT. Most of them are using BF and CoD as references when asking for PvP.

But it isn't that easy.  At least not in high-caliber matches.  Most (good) conclave players parkour with maximized-speed warframes.  So while you may THINK that it's as simple as bringing an "OP one-shot weapon", it actually takes quite a lot of skill to hit those airborne, moving targets that keep changing directions mid-air >_>

But it isn't that easy.  At least not in high-caliber matches.  Most (good) conclave players parkour with maximized-speed warframes.  So while you may THINK that it's as simple as bringing an "OP one-shot weapon", it actually takes quite a lot of skill to hit those airborne, moving targets that keep changing directions mid-air >_>

*Aims Ash at general position of enemy and uses Bladestorm*

Hard?

Warframe isnt a game made for pvp

it was added because some pvp groups started crying about not having pvp(basically they want to kill each other to feel superior somehow)

i myself played pvp in conclaves for like...2 - 3 days when it was released, after that, no more

Edited by AngelGuardcc

Hard?

You also have to note that rounds in conclave start with one energy orb that only gives 50 energy :P

Not so easy anymore xD  especially since Bladestorm requires that you can even directly target the person AND be within range of them.

Seriously: Parkour is the most powerful weapon in conclave.  It can counter anything.

I also suspect that most of this PvP masochists never played Quake or UT. Most of them are using BF and CoD as references when asking for PvP.

Agreed.

Oh Quake 3 and UT.. Never forget... Now those were PvP games done right. Why? Because they were designed to be in the first place.

Conclaves and all other PvP modes were shoehorned into this co-op game. The Tenno are super beings each capable of slaughtering droves of enemies. You put them one vs. one of course they going to one shot each other. Then it simply becomes a matter of who's behind who, who can press a button quicker.

Edited by sushidubya

Hard?

dont ash's shurikens have slight homing capabilities as well, in addition to basically oneshotting anything they hit outside of iron skinned rhinos

You also have to note that rounds in conclave start with one energy orb that only gives 50 energy :P

Not so easy anymore xD  especially since Bladestorm requires that you can even directly target the person AND be within range of them.

Seriously: Parkour is the most powerful weapon in conclave.  It can counter anything.

Bladestorm can be used with under 50 energy, if modded correctly.

Honestly these changes apply to ALL players, if the cheap players actually had those "real skills" then what's the problem? They'd still be killing just as well. Just not one-shot'ing other players and finally having to dodge other players fire because they can't get to some obscure part of the map where no one sees them.

Problem?

Having PVP based off of grinding and whoever has the best equipment isn't very fun to begin with, there's just no thought put into balance that way.

What they should do is once you go into a pvp match, all of your weapons and equipment are locked into a balanced preset, so the game doesn't automatically favor whoever has the best gear.

Edited by r110platinum

Having PVP based off of grinding and whoever has the best equipment isn't very fun to begin with, there's just no thought put into balance that way.

What they should do is once you go into a pvp match, all of your weapons and equipment are locked into a balanced preset, so the game doesn't automatically favor whoever has the best gear.

PvP is meant to be endgame. There is only so much dumb AI a person can take.

Edited by Rakshal

But doesn't that do the opposite of what warframe is intended to be? A grind fest?

Lol, I mean kind of, but PVP should be somewhat competitive, not just a giant gank fest for any poor, unfortunate newbie that wants to try it out.

Isn't there a 0-100 conclave match... for the new players to try out?

Isn't there a 0-100 conclave match... for the new players to try out?

I mean someone who has been playing the game a lot but just never tried PVP. Then one day they decide to try it out, only to find that it's nothing but bladestorms.

Maybe get rid of conclave rating altogether for PVP? Just have locked preset stats on your weapons and frames?

I mean someone who has been playing the game a lot but just never tried PVP. Then one day they decide to try it out, only to find that it's nothing but bladestorms.

Maybe get rid of conclave rating altogether for PVP? Just have locked preset stats on your weapons and frames?

Are you talking about conclave?

Bladestorm can be used with under 50 energy, if modded correctly.

I haven't witnessed a single Bladestorm in conclave after over 4000 rounds... So...

Edited by Auramau