Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix Volt (Personal Opionion)

Nervara

Well I sincerely hope they don't mess with his abilities, they're one of the most balanced kits in the game. What I really want is a change to his description so that people don't continuously get butthurt and come to the forums complaining about how weak he is. 

When I think of electricity, I think of speed, stun, and arc. Atm, It can do it all though the stunning effect of overload should have a lasting effect, or at least a speed debuff similar to molecular prime.

Edited by rangeless

Try Electric Shield. Used right, he's the most damaging frame, and the Shield blocks enemy fire as well. Other than that, both Shock and Overload also proc Electricity, which does AoE damage besides just the stuns. This makes him a nightmare for Infestation and helps against Corpus, too. I do agree he should have increased speed, though. That'd make sense.

Ash for example has 65 armor and 1.15 sprint speed stats. It even has the same shield and health stats too.

Also, and this really doesn't contribute anything much, Ash and Volt don't share the same shield and health stats. Ash has 300 shield and 450 health :p

As said Volt is my favorite frame. I was just stating what I think could be done to improve him.

Try Electric Shield. Used right, he's the most damaging frame, and the Shield blocks enemy fire as well. Other than that, both Shock and Overload also proc Electricity, which does AoE damage besides just the stuns. This makes him a nightmare for Infestation and helps against Corpus, too. I do agree he should have increased speed, though. That'd make sense.

Also, and this really doesn't contribute anything much, Ash and Volt don't share the same shield and health stats. Ash has 300 shield and 450 health :p

Mixed up the health and shields :P I know about the shields uses and have a specific build for it.

I wish he was better for endgame other than stunning everything but I still like him.

Exactly :D

Well I sincerely hope they don't mess with his abilities, they're one of the most balanced kits in the game. What I really want is a change to his description so that people don't continuously get butthurt and come to the forums complaining about how weak he is. 

This was my personal opinion on how to make Volt more useful for endgame missions. I wouldn't say I'm as you would say 'butthurt" or complaining about Volt. Just stating how I would have balanced Volt. 

This was my personal opinion on how to make Volt more useful for endgame missions. I wouldn't say I'm as you would say 'butthurt" or complaining about Volt. Just stating how I would have balanced Volt. 

Oh no I wasn't calling you butthurt at all D: I strongly approve of this thread

That was in reference to the numerous "buff volt damage!!!111" threads over the past few weeks.

Oh no I wasn't calling you butthurt at all D: I strongly approve of this thread

That was in reference to the numerous "buff volt damage!!!111" threads over the past few weeks.

Okay. If anything I'd like DE to add more stun effects to Volt's abilities. Damage for lower tier and stun for high tier. I strongly think his sprint speed needs a buff though.

Okay. If anything I'd like DE to add more stun effects to Volt's abilities. Damage for lower tier and stun for high tier. I strongly think his sprint speed needs a buff though.

Agreed. He feels unreasonably slow sometimes.

Well he's the lightning frame! Seems very odd that he wouldn't have a higher than average sprint speed,

He makes up for it with Speed (ability). Seriously, he already excels with his durability/energy pool. Let's not make him completely unbalanced.

Their nothing wrong with volt you complain about nyx using ability for defence so can volt

1) Guerrilla tactic (hit and run) Use speed to dodge bullet and when high HP sheild is getting low run away and let your sheild recharge.

2) Use electric sheild as it tanks better then rhino with iron skin at higher tier.

3) Use shock to stun enermy this is very useful for reviving team mates or reloading. All of these similar 25 mana damaging spells are not design to do alot of damage.

A unmodified volt with speed on runs faster then any other unmodified frame that why he has the default speed.

I like Volt just fine as-is. The only thing I would consider changing is either giving him a faster cast time or some temporary invincibility while casting his Overload. Overload leaves him so vulnerable that I'm considering just dropping it from my build and going for a pure support role, which is sort of disappointing because Overload is fun to use and it looks nice.

And yeah, Natural Talent is an option, but none of his other abilities would really benefit from it.

Just leave Volt alone, let him have 5 minutes to have a cup of tea. Hes been humiliated by U14. He didn't deserve to be a starter frame originally and he doesn't deserve it now, he deserves a much better position then to be seen as a "noob frame" like Excalibur.

Lower armor should be countered by higher sprint speed or the other way around. Ash for example has 65 armor and 1.15 sprint speed stats. It even has the same shield and health stats too.

Ash is also pretty melee-reliant so the speed helps him deliver damage.

I'll be honest, I came in here expecting the op to be filled to the brim with terrible ideas.  Luckily that's not even slightly the case, though I do think the title is a bit harsh as it implies that Volt is in need of fixing to begin with.

An armor increase wouldn't mean much considering how armor really works, so even though it's a nice gesture it's wouldn't change anything in the long run.  And while I dig speed, increasing his speed would feel odd as it sort of goes against the "style" that I feel Volt emulates.

More or less, Volt is a frame of variability.  With the stock speed he feels normal, and then when using speed he feels incredibly swift.  I actually kind of dig that duality to him.  The stats alone aren't the only thing a frame has going for them, their kit needs to be considered also, and Volt's is a great kit so I suppose that's why him having a touch lower stats doesn't bug me.

Basically, while I'm against the changes for the above reasons, I wouldn't be opposed to them nor would I call them bad ideas.  Them's my two cents.

I'll be honest, I came in here expecting the op to be filled to the brim with terrible ideas.  Luckily that's not even slightly the case, though I do think the title is a bit harsh as it implies that Volt is in need of fixing to begin with.

An armor increase wouldn't mean much considering how armor really works, so even though it's a nice gesture it's wouldn't change anything in the long run.  And while I dig speed, increasing his speed would feel odd as it sort of goes against the "style" that I feel Volt emulates.

More or less, Volt is a frame of variability.  With the stock speed he feels normal, and then when using speed he feels incredibly swift.  I actually kind of dig that duality to him.  The stats alone aren't the only thing a frame has going for them, their kit needs to be considered also, and Volt's is a great kit so I suppose that's why him having a touch lower stats doesn't bug me.

Basically, while I'm against the changes for the above reasons, I wouldn't be opposed to them nor would I call them bad ideas.  Them's my two cents.

This is the longest "Eh, okay" I've ever seen.

I wouldn't say Volt cannot be helpful in higher tier stuff. I use Volt as my primary frame. When i play t3/t4 survival or defense, im usually the last one standing, with the most kills and saving everyone. I have intensify maxed, along with blind rage at 81%. Throw on a 90% overextended, and Volt can be one of the best. Not mention, Vitality and Redirection are both maxed. I dont use the speed or shield mods. I formad them out. The only this i would wish for, is that he did take so much damage while preparing to cast overload.

Thanks for the impute. I've taken a look at the armour mechanics and realized you're correct about it not making a difference. Others have made points about speed compensating for his lack of speed. 

I've had a change of heart. Instead of looking at his stats I've begun to think of how he could really shine in endgame content. Since Volt is my main frame and I've been through a lot of grinding with it, I love Volt unconditionally. I've always thought something was slightly missing of shallow about his endgame playability. His shield always comes in handy and overload is useful for mass stuns. I think Volt's Shock and Overload should get a slight stun increase. Longer duration over damage. Since in T3+ Volt's Overload does close to no damage and shock is simply a getaway power. I believe that if Volt's was aimed for support over damage he could become very useful. 

Edited by Corvosin