Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rwby

FrostWolf

I have a couple of questions about the latest episode: 1. They just defeated their biggest threat so far, what will they do now? 2. I think the destruction of cars will be on the news, what do you think?

1. Incorrect, Cinder and her minions are still out there, Torchwick and his mooks still have a lot more of those robots and mechs and Torchwick was barely scratched during that fight.

2. Probably. But it likely won't have any real impact on the story.

Edited by MageMeat

So, recap on World of Remnant 1 (It concerns the history and nature of Dust):

-Dust is a naturally occurring energy propellant collected through mining

-Its inherent power can be triggered by the aura of humans and faunus

-It is found in four basic forms (judging by the depictions in the video, they represent fire, water, earth and air -- the four classical elements)

-These types of Dust can be combined and manipulated naturally and artificially to form unique, more powerful forms

-Almost all technology used by humans and faunus uses Dust

-It can be used in many different ways -- some prefer using raw crystals (though this requires more effort), while others refine it to use as rounds

-Some use Dust in more unusual, archaic methods, such as weaving it into clothing or fusing it to one's own body

-The origins and formation of dust remains a secret to civilization, and so far it seems that will remain to be so for a long time

-----

How we see this applied in the series so far?

-We've already learnt about how Dust is used in almost all technologies so far, including vehicles and robotics

-Weiss' weapon Myrtenaster uses Dust both alone and in conjunction with its wielder's aura to great and various effects

-The firearms and other projectile weapons used by the characters all use Dust rounds, from Crescent Rose to Magnhild to Ember Celica

-In the pilot episode of the series, Roman throws a Dust crystal (possibly a fire crystal) and detonates it, causing a large explosion

-Cinder Fall may have Dust woven into her dress, as it glows when she uses her Aura

As interesting as this history lesson was, I didn't wait a whole week for a 2-minute video. I really hope it's going to be multiple episodes over the course of the week, and not just a one-shot deal.

If you really care that much then you should probably actually pay some amount of attention to the Rooster Teeth's and/or Monty's twitter accounts.

-Or even just check the site for news updates every so often.

If you really care that much then you should probably actually pay some amount of attention to the Rooster Teeth's and/or Monty's twitter accounts.

-Or even just check the site for news updates every so often.

I did a bit of research after posting that, and I does look like there's going to be more than one. That said, I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to social media: just because the information is out there doesn't mean I'm likely to find it.

I'm just saying that expecting a 16-min video and getting a 2-min video instead was a bit disappointing, though I guess it was my fault for assuming.

There's no need to be rude about it.

Edited by Hortonman

Oh god PsychedelicSnake is going to make this place weird!

(Not that the RWBY community isn't weird)

Pages 33 and 34 of this thread were worse.

Or better, depending on one's perspective on the matter.

Edited by MageMeat