Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Kubrows Are Fine, And Why You're Probably Wrong

Vargras

Play Sechura a couple of times. Just any high-level Dark Sector mission, really.

I'm not on often enough to pay upkeep for kubrows, so I've been keeping mine in stasis. I work irregular hours, some weeks I'm home all the time and some weeks I'm rarely home for more than an hour. Stasis is the biggest problem, the three hour waiting period makes it almost impossible to get any good use out of kubrows.

Edit: I know all about farming sechura, I do that whenever I need a bunch of credits. I just can't do the regular upkeep.

Edited by vaugahn

Again, if you're involved in a natural disaster and can't log on, you have bigger things to worry about than a digital dog.

So you're saying you know for a fact that people who have any sort of issue that prevents them from playing warframe for a week will not be worrying about losing tens of hours of time investment?   Can you prove this? No.

But fine... I'll play by your silly rules.

Say you have a hardware failure near Black Friday.   All the local electronic stores are out of stock for the parts you need, and places like Newegg have over a week's shipping time due to UPS, Fedex, etc. all being bogged down with tens of millions of package delivery orders.

According to you, you deserve to lose your kubrow because of something you couldn't control, and it's "your fault" for said thing happening.

Each time you log out, put it in stasis.

Congrats, you now must wait for 3 hours every day after logging in to begin using your kubrow.

Honestly, my main beef with them is their entire direction.

They reek of f2p BS (as you mention) and taste like PWE. Pointless Grind walls/RNG are not fun or engaging or why I put in money for this game

If I would've known DE would be spending so much development time/hype (they were the main part of what 3 livestreams?) I would've reconsidered being a founder on putting an money into this game at all.

Also, just because something is put out, doesn't mean we should just take it.

You have not played enough F2P games. :/

Kubrow system is only semi F2P BS

If you have played games with REAL F2P BS, then you will think Kubrow system is just F2P stupidity, not BS. 

I'm not on often enough to pay upkeep for kubrows, so I've been keeping mine in stasis. I work irregular hours, some weeks I'm home all the time and some weeks I'm rarely home for more than an hour. Stasis is the biggest problem, the three hour waiting period makes it almost impossible to get any good use out of kubrows.

Edit: I know all about farming sechura, I do that whenever I need a bunch of credits. I just can't do the regular upkeep.

If you are going to be home for a week them login quickly, take it out of stasis then come back and play later.

The stasis sickness is, no doubt, there to stop people from abusing stasis to get around paying for pet food.

You have not played enough F2P games. :/

Kubrow system is only semi F2P BS

If you have played games with REAL F2P BS, then you will think Kubrow system is just F2P stupidity, not BS. 

And since when does something not being the absolute worst example in the history of everything make it suddenly ok?

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.... you have enough time to complain to people on the forums about Kubrows.

YET you don't have enough attention span, or time to farm credits to make Kubrow sustaining childsplay??????

Sir, i will now ignore you.

Let me phrase it better.

If you aren't able to fairly easily get 1 million credits by MR8. Then i don't know what to say to you.

That better. -.-*

But when do you get this quest? When you finish Venus. You know what the mastery range for Venus is? 1-3. Mastery 3s DEFINITELY do not have 100k credits to drop on anything, much less argon or any of the other ridiculousness.

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.... you have enough time to complain to people on the forums about Kubrows.

You can access and write on the forums with a smartphone, for one. 

So there is the time issue mainly decreased to a lesser issue. 

YET you don't have enough attention span, or time to farm credits to make Kubrow sustaining childsplay??????

Sir, i will now ignore you.

Posting from work, friend. If I could farm credits on my work compy I totally would.

Welcome to the Warframe Forums, where actually liking an update/update content means you're a white knight.

Liking the content an update provides = normal person with an opinion

Liking the content an update provides and telling other people that they should like it too with out any regard for their opinion = white knight

So you're saying you know for a fact that people who have any sort of issue that prevents them from playing warframe for a week will not be worrying about losing tens of hours of time investment?   Can you prove this? No.

But fine... I'll play by your silly rules.

Say you have a hardware failure near Black Friday.   All the local electronic stores are out of stock for the parts you need, and places like Newegg have over a week's shipping time due to UPS, Fedex, etc. all being bogged down with tens of millions of package delivery orders.

According to you, you deserve to lose your kubrow because of something you couldn't control, and it's "your fault" for said thing happening.

Congrats, you now must wait for 3 hours every day after logging in to begin using your kubrow.

Yet again, you're completely missing what I'm getting at.

If you're in a natural disaster, or you have a hardware failure, you have more important things to worry about than a kubrow. For example, the fact that you're going to have to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on fixing whatever happened.

Liking the content an update provides and telling other people that they should like it too with out any regard for their opinion = white knight

What I'm getting at is that most of the excuses people try to put up as to why kubrows are terrible and a waste of developer time are things that are actually their fault or easily avoidable.

The only problem with Kubrow is the Stasis timer.

Do we need to wait 3 hours to switch our Primary weapon? How about our Secondary weapon? Melee weapon? Frame? Sentinel?

The answer is no, because that would be ridiculous.

But if there is no time for the Stasis, then the Integrity (HP) system would be worthless, you may think.

Here is a simple solution to that: Reduce integrity when you take your Kubrow out of the stasis the next day or a few days later. Basically after a daily reset.

1. its not punishing at all if you actually play, also if you don't have a million credits by MR 8 then idk what to say.

2. having 2 imprints of the same breed Kubrow gives you a 75% chance of getting the kubrow you want. (or 100% chance) so, if you just traded with your clan you will be fine.

1.  Yes it is punishing, it would be punishing if it was 1 credit per 1000 days.  The numbers don't matter.  There is an upkeep on your Kubrow aside from what you already did to get it, and that's unfair.  That's like saying, "hey, you spent all this time and effort to make this beautiful glass sculpture that you made with your own hands and tools?  Wonderful!  Now you have to pay 100 bucks a week to keep it, or we take it away forever!"  And I know what you're gonna say.  "Oh that's completely different, because you don't just get 100 bucks everyday like you do in Warframe!"  But even if you did, would you want to spend it just to keep the thing you already worked towards making?  No, of course you wouldn't.  It's absurd.

2.  So you have to have friends who already may or may not have gotten the kind of Kubrow you want, or pay someone else for them?  Again, it's up to chance, even if your chances are increased somewhat.  And regardless of the outcome, whether you choose to keep grinding for the Kubrow egg to finally hatch into something you like, or grinding to get plat to buy an imprint you need off of some random, you're still grinding because RNG didn't favor you, which isn't your fault; it's the game's fault.

What I'm getting at is that most of the excuses people try to put up as to why kubrows are terrible and a waste of developer time are things that are actually their fault or easily avoidable.

Or maybe it is the developer's oversight and some of us are actually trying to make it better for almost everybody. You have to consider that as well. 

Here's the thing about the stabilizers: A pack of stabilizers is 100,000 credits. You get six stabilizers per pack. Each pack can restore 40% of your kubrow's health (or more, in some cases). Your kubrow's hp degrades at a rate of 20% per day. In order to maintain your kubrow's health at the same level, you'd have to use a stabilizer every other day, meaning a single pack is going to last you twelve days. It's very, very easy to make 100,000 credits over the course of twelve days, and if you can't, you simply aren't trying hard enough.

So how do new players make 100K so easily when they need credits for :crafting frames/weapons (1 per slot) whent eh avaerage craft cost is 15K? What have someone taxi them to Sechura? Skipping all content before just to farm? If new players weren't suppose to have Kubrows i don't think lotus would make beating the Venus boss, one of the earliest bosses. Now let's sit under the assumption player saved thier credits and finally began to hatch a Kubrow, as a new player starting off on warframe how would they make the credits needed to maintain this pet they saved up for?

Credits are not an issue for me, granted 100K is abit steep for players who are less fortunate.

First thing's first, stop taking them to high-level missions when they're still low-leveled. They're going to die, and that's going to be your fault. Second, invest in some Link mods, and also in Pack Leader. Congrats, as long as you don't do something silly like taking a level 3 kubrow to Sechura, your kubrow is pretty much going to never die again. Seriously, they can end up with higher defensive values than you. Also they're pretty immune to all traps now, so there's that too.

Agreed here

The loyalty system is only punishing if you let your kubrow die, and should be incentive to not let it happen again. As long as you're careful about how you level your kubrow, in addition to how you mod it, it's not going to die, which means that the potential penalty of the loyalty system is moot. The system does not matter at all if your kubrow never gets downed.

Agreed also.

I'll admit that the bleed-out timer on them is pretty harsh right now. Unless you have a Loyal Companion mod on them (even a rank 1), the timer is too short for you to even begin to react, let alone find it. That mod is basically a must-have while leveling up your doggy, though you can probably replace it with some high-level Link mods and things will be fine... because, you know, your kubrow isn't going to get downed ever.

No mod for a Kubrow should be a must have spare Breed specific mods, because it's going to create false choices. While i do intend on runninign companion or a link mod. I shouldn't have to feel forced to.

Because F2P. No really, having things be time-gated (with the option to bypass or accelerate it with money) is pretty standard for F2P games.

3 hours out of stasis wait or 10P. Even for DE, that is ridiculous.

If your kubrow reaches -100% health, that is completely and totally your fault, as you have several options available to you to ever prevent that from happening. You either play the game, spend credits on stabilizers, and use those stabilizers to keep your kubrow healthy, or you put them in stasis and freeze their health and loyalty levels at their current level. If your kubrow actually hits -100% health, you absolutely deserve to have your kubrow permanently die on you. That's your fault for not taking care of it.

When Kubrows require so much investment then can simply dies because some real life issue came up and took you out of commission for an extended period of time, it just encourages more people to use sentinels.

But if you felt like not logging in, your fault, that's negligence.

Edited by cozzi21

If hes white knighting, then 90% of the negative feedback forums are black knighting.

:/ there are 10x ( 10x is a exaggeration, please don't try to use this against me because i will laugh at you)  more negative feedback forums then there are ones to defend it. 

Some have good feedback, while others are simply saying. I HAVE TO WORK TO KEEP THIS THING ALIVE, I HATE IT! 

So ya, forgive me if some White knighting is kinda needed to counteract all the black knights.

Edited by Feallike

Because F2P. No really, having things be time-gated (with the option to bypass or accelerate it with money) is pretty standard for F2P games.

The fact that we, as consumer, are accepting this kind of abuse disgusts me. It's hardly on the same level, but it's the same concept of pretending that rape is not a problem and we should just deal with it. The standard is also cutting pieces of a game for Pre-Order Bonus, DRMing the S#&$ out of consumers, doesn't make it any less anti-consumer.

Most of your other point are also something like "Just let them rape you already" but this one just demonstrates the whole attitude of this post.

First off, this

Or maybe it is the developer's oversight and some of us are actually trying to make it better for almost everybody. You have to consider that as well. 

Second, I'm glad you are so concerned for the well-being of the developers - but why don't you let them do their job and discern what is and is not a waste of their time? They're pretty capable people as far as I'm aware.

Second, I'm glad you are so concerned for the well-being of the developers - but why don't you let them do their job and discern what is and is not a waste of their time? They're pretty capable people as far as I'm aware.

I understand that the developers are capable people, but they can fail at times (after all, we are human, not gods). So why not cooperate and make a game where almost everyone can enjoy? Is that not what a game should be?

The only problem with Kubrow is the Stasis timer.

Do we need to wait 3 hours to switch our Primary weapon? How about our Secondary weapon? Melee weapon? Frame? Sentinel?

The answer is no, because that would be ridiculous.

But if there is no time for the Stasis, then the Integrity (HP) system would be worthless, you may think.

Here is a simple solution to that: Reduce integrity when you take your Kubrow out of the stasis the next day or a few days later. Basically after a daily reset.

Honestly, while I kind of disagree on his first point(That it's the only problem), this guy knows what's up.

Yet again, you're completely missing what I'm getting at.

If you're in a natural disaster, or you have a hardware failure, you have more important things to worry about than a kubrow. For example, the fact that you're going to have to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on fixing whatever happened.

That's not your decision to make on what my priorities are. Half my house would be demolished and my PC was on that half. I am pissed because I can't save poor Remus. Already buried my real dog. Don't expect me to flip less sh*t over a digital one.

Let me stop you there.  I had 100k in credits at MR 1. It's not hard.

Let me stop you there. I came when credits weren't such a luxury. When getting 2K credits a mission was a blessing.

See what happens when you use personal anecdotes as sources of information?