Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should The Exp Dispairity Be Looked At?

SPplayer76

Leveling warframes and weapons is a main aspect of the game and it should be, but I think some things should be adjusted. Since pretty much forever, the best way to level something has been survival, defense, and a few missions like kappa. That's fine, but other missions like exterminate rescue or capture give ABYSMAL experience in comparison. Because of this, there is a point where a rank takes so much experience that doing anything other then defense or survival is almost pointless (as far as ranking up goes). Am I saying that exterminate or capture should give as much experience as survival or defense? No, definitely not, but I do think that something should be done to help out the other mission types. What do you guys think?

Add optional objectives to the missions that are lacking XP. Like perhaps lotus calls you on a capture mission and tells you there's an important enemy officer onboard and you will recieve a bonus if you kill it. Like a mini-assassination mission in the middle of your cap run. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Exterminate is the only bad mode due to limited kills unless they turn 50% of the units into heavies, in which it will become too annoying (or hard) for newer players while being too good for grinding purpose.

Capture is just as good. Enemies spawn nonstop there. The thing is, we just rush to the end right after capture. It's like rescue. It actually gives lot of exp if you kill everything but nope, we just want the darn useless captive away asap.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Some would argue if you want to level up faster, you should invest in the game and get an affinity booster. If there wasn't a decent amount of grind involved in leveling things, DE couldn't make a profit from the game.

That's fine, affinity boosters are a seperate thing entirely and I don't think they are a problem. I'm trying to call attention to how defense and survival are basically superior to everything else.

That's fine, affinity boosters are a seperate thing entirely and I don't think they are a problem. I'm trying to call attention to how defense and survival are basically superior to everything else.

I guess they are, but the biggest problem is probably how enemy spawns in missions other than those dont give more xp over time. Perhaps enemies leveling up the longer we stay in a mission then? >.<

I guess they are, but the biggest problem is probably how enemy spawns in missions other than those dont give more xp over time. Perhaps enemies leveling up the longer we stay in a mission then? >.<

I don't know if that would be a good idea, It would only punish new players for not flying through the mission. I think actual secondary objectives would be the best solution.

You might be able to equalize things a bit by changing the way XP orbs from containers function.  If instead of being a flat amount of affinity, they function as very short duration affinity boosters - say 20 seconds - you might be able to push things a bit more towards the non-endless modes favor.  Endless modes wouldn't get anywhere near the boost, since those only drop from containers and there's a finite amount of those, no matter how long the mission lasts.

You might be able to equalize things a bit by changing the way XP orbs from containers function.  If instead of being a flat amount of affinity, they function as very short duration affinity boosters - say 20 seconds - you might be able to push things a bit more towards the non-endless modes favor.  Endless modes wouldn't get anywhere near the boost, since those only drop from containers and there's a finite amount of those, no matter how long the mission lasts.

What if it was for next X enemies? that way you could use all of them and not have to worry about frantically sprinting into the nearest group of enemies.

I level up gears while I farm for mods/BP/items/credits. I usually don't play defense and survival missions. I don't like to be forced to defend a pod or to run Kms just to activate a capsule. 

I take my time, playing Capture, Deception, Spy and Sabotage missions. I enjoy the tileset, I search for hidden places, I explore and have fun this way.
Ah, and I'm rank 10 now. When I started to play Warframe again, I was Rank 4. So.... it's not impossible to level up things in this way.

Ah, and I have all Mods (except 10 circa) and all Frames. I just need to level up the enormous quantity of weapons now. 

EDIT: I forgot, I also have enough resources to be able to build 2 or 3 complete Ghost-Dojos alone (except for Formas).

Edited by Latronico

What if it was for next X enemies? that way you could use all of them and not have to worry about frantically sprinting into the nearest group of enemies.

That might work too, but it has it's own issue.   There would be a tendency to avoiding killing low value enemies while a boost is burning.

You play at kappa? ouch...

how is the noob kingdom?

Old habits die hard, it's like xini i guess, but since the exp is as terrible as already described and there is no reward at all, that habit is very well dead to me. Only T4S's to rack up on R5s till we get u14, and eximis are still giving that sweet 8k here.