Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Warframe Wasn't Free To Play, Would You Buy It?

-Vane-

I will never... NEVER buy a game that charges me more money later, not after World of Warcraft.

But if i'd buy Warframe and, say, an expansion pack every major update? Yes, yes i'd definitely would, but by then i expect every bit of Platinum Rushing and whatnot to be completely GONE from the experience. Buy to Play AND microtransaction simply doesn't do well together for me (I'm looking at you, GW2!)

If it was a subscription? Will Smith said it best, "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll no."

Subscription based things are garbage, and they willingly rip people off with them.

If it was one buy thing? Sure probably. I've already got enough platinum from the actual store to pay for it if it were on sale on steam.

Hello!

NyancraftG here, and i just had to ask this question.

Here are some advantages that would come if game wasn't free to play:

Less Trolls, Spammers, Raging Kids, Swearing

Platinum would be cheaper and got in bigger quantities

Crafting would take less time since DE won't need so much money from user's buying platinum

First advantage is an assumption. You cannot say for sure that there would be less of those

Second, platinum would be highly bs as a game that you had to pay for. As they are now that is.

Third and fourth, cannot say for sure that these things would happen.

Me, No. I don't normally play shooting type games. I wouldn't have tried it. Even more so if I heard there is a market and if you don't pay you have to wait a long time to build stuff.

A disc game, F2P after purchasing it? Yes.

P2P? No.

Although if it was a disc game in the works as of right now we wouldn't have the game out until like 2016 probably.

You mean if it had a subscription fee? No I would not. 

Granted I think I've spent more on warframe over these past 16-17 months than I would have in $15 monthly sub fees, but I just hate the idea of regular fees. 

+1

I'd pay full price, but only if all the F2P stuff was removed, like having to buy cosmetics with real money and having to buy slots. Potatoes would also have to be much more easy to get as well and have the overall farming needed reduced. Also, wait times would have to be completely removed.

I probably would not. Reason is I'm a cheapskate and am extremely selective when it comes to games, especially for the ones you have to pay for. Had warframe been not F2P I probably wouldn't have given it a chance.

If the game was made for one-time payments, it'd be radically different and generally better all-around. Instead of constantly having to design their game around how to retain players, incentivizing them to make Warframe their secondary life, and throwing out time/grindwalls to urge players to pay, they could actually focus on making the game better instead of shinier.

I don't think you thought this list through. Warframe as is now would be a mess as a pay to play title.

I know, those are just lists of assumptions, this thread is just a question. And yeah, it would be a mess if it was pay to play title in this stage. But this is not a discussion about how it would turn out, yet just Would you buy it.

If monthly subscription? then No

If its one time fee? then Yes

DE will lose out on both. 

Free2Play plays its part, if you like the game you support the game.  In the Long Term game like free to play games will make more money if it goes well.  Got to love those Cosmetics and pay2win.

If it was a single purchase I would think about it...but...here's the thing: The game would not be able to finance itself as well with a "buy the game" model. And P2P subscribtion models are dying.

So F2P is the best way right now unless you want to create some $&*&*#(%& buy the game + cash shop hybrid how some other games do it now.