Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Warframe Wasn't Free To Play, Would You Buy It?

-Vane-

In it's current state, nope. The game is certainly very fun however I still feel it has a long way to go content wise before it would be able to stand up as an actual bought title as opposed to an f2p pay2skip game. Personally I think for that quests would have to have more of a role in obtainment of gear and theres still so many bugs.

To this day my void is still having the same stuttering and crashing issues that I initially began facing in U11 and got significantly worse in U12.

Were the game to have its content refreshed, less reliance on RNG and an overall bug fix and performance fix then yes I would be happy to pay full price for it. The game in its current format with long grindfests and pay to skip wouldnt suit one time payment though in my opinion, and I avoid subscriptions like the plague.

Edited by Jag272

Hello!

NyancraftG here, and i just had to ask this question.

Here are some advantages that would come if game wasn't free to play:

Less Trolls, Spammers, Raging Kids, Swearing

Platinum would be cheaper and got in bigger quantities

Crafting would take less time since DE won't need so much money from user's buying platinum

And here are some disadvanatges:

Smaller community

Less players

My answer is: Yes I would buy it.

I WOULD TOTALLY BUY IT

If they still make me buy slots I would not buy it and if these major updates were DLC instead of updates I would not buy it.

And a DLC is no update? DLC can be free and paid.

@topic: I spent more money on Warframe then on any AAA title, but would I have paid 50€ for it? I guess not.

Nop , just no , paying once then monthly fee is just nop is always something hard to end 

also Wtf , so DE selling game to be playable and still plats? that where i would say HELL NO 

also : Less Trolls, Spammers, Raging Kids, Swearing

just imagine the games withouth them or the chats you are used to be , they would be empty, empty game is sad ,also even if you hate them , they play the games , they can buy your item from trade , or sell you some cheaps

To me: Right now in its condition, it's not worth to buy Warframe (even if it is a One-time offer) due to a numerous amount of bugs, balance issues and rapid changes into the game itself.

Of course, if Warframe did a full release of the game at this time, like a time travelling thing, I'd buy it. Right now.

$60 is the price of the averge AAA title here in the US.

I've spent about $700 on this game. 

So I bought 11 copies...

Wut r u, Casul?

$50 a month, PLUS Master Founder, PLUS the top tier of each Prime Access when it comes out. Actually, that's a lie, I didn't buy the Rhino Prime Access because I farmed everything in it that I wanted on day one (Rhino/Boltor Prime) and just bought the accessories seperately.

@ Topic: That said, in its current state? I would not pay full-price for Warframe. The game changes so rapidly that I'd feel slighted, or cheated somehow if DE released a major patch that changed a lot of the fundamentals that I had gotten used to. Kinda like how I feel with Dark Souls 2 and their recent changes to Faith Builds...

Edited by Teqnologyque

man, whats wrong with monthly fees? at least then it's easier to budget your expenses with this game.

It's the continuous unfair payroll.

If you don't get your income in a monthly job or an allowance to buy the fees right now, the game will cut you off straight away.

And it's normally shunned upon to casual gamers.

Edited by Freelancer27

I'm torn between two worlds here. Warframe is too much of a buggy mess to have us paying up front for it, but I know that a non-f2p game is usually far less p2w than a f2p game.

It depends on the fee. If it's like ESO, I'd mock the thing to S#&$. If it's maybe 10 bucks for 2 months, I'd pay reluctantly.

But, if it was maybe $20 as a 1 time purchase, I'd definitely buy it.

Edited by WizardreousWalrus

With Warframe? No, it wouldn't have lasted anyway, most subscription games these days last only a year or so before being forced to go F2P anyway, like Tera Online, you can also bet ESO will go F2P within the year.

No, F2P actually doesn't bother me in Warframe at all, anything that costs plat and actually matters gameplay wise can be farmed as well, warframes, weapons, sentinels, kubrows, not to mention the possibility of discounts from login rewards is a good way to get cheap plat as well.

Edited by CenturyNitro

yes, if its like guild wars2 one time payment,
more like mass effect3 mp, no slots, no patatoes, no formas just mastery for class (all class just resets and adds points to main rank), and other things wouldnt change, other wise just no, not worth, other titles where you pay one time ,atleast doesnt need you to pay more money to have everything in game

Hello!

Crafting would take less time since DE won't need so much money from user's buying platinum

Smaller community

Less players

No, I wouldn't, not with plat still in the game. 

If everything got a small (+20% of its current, so 1% = 1.2%) increase in drop chance, it became a bit more noob friendly since they'd lose players which would make it hardser for noobs to actually progress and it became possible to get platinum without trading or buying or they made reators, catalysts and platinum exclusives farmable, yes I'd pay a sub.

Hello!

Smaller community

Less players

I would like at least a 1 month trial before buying. But having said that, yes I would buy it...if it was a one-time payment. At the moment, I am happy with the amount of plat I have bought and used ^^