Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob Question, Why Am I Gettin Raped In Low Level Missions.

Brayjin

Question

21 answers to this question

22 Excaliber 

23 Braton (not MK1)

i have defensive mods on my frame and offensive stuff like serration etc on the braton, so my question is why is a 7/8 mission raping me. why doesnt a naked 20ish frame and gun not rape level 7/8 wtf?!

Edited by Brayjin

22 Excaliber 

23 Braton (not MK1)

i have defensive mods on my frame and offensive stuff like serration etc on the braton, so my question is why is a 7/8 mission raping me. why doesnt a naked 20ish frame and gun not rape level 7/8 wtf?!

Have you leveled the mods? This is a lot more important than just slapping them on.

I try to use cover as much as possible, im just getting swamped by any defense mission, or mobile defense i cannot take out enough enemies quickly before i am swarmed. i feel like im using rubber bullets. i have to do small bursts to head/chest to get a quick kill but that term is relative cause its like 7 to 8 shots before one guy goes down. Does weap level mean nothing or am i just having to get really good mods to make a weap do any damage.

Edited by Brayjin

I try to use cover as much as possible, im just getting swamped by any mission like any defense, or mobile defense i cannot take out enough enemies quickly before i am swarmed. i feel like im using rubber bullets. i have to do small bursts to head/chest to get a quick kill but that term is relative cause its like 7 to 8 shots before one guy goes down. Does weap level mean nothing or am i just having to get really good mods to make a weap do any damage.

Leveling your damage mods, like serration, is the only thing that will increase damage output. Leveling a weapon only expands the max cost of total mods you can equip.

Frames and weapons don't really get more powerful just by leveling up, they just gain the potential for more power through the use of mods.

A weapons stats don't change at all with levels and need mods to be modified.

A warframe will have its health, shields, and energy caps increased slightly with every 3 levels it goes up but again, it needs mods to have it's actual effectiveness bolstered.

That said: knowing your equipment load-out and the mods being used, as well as your tactics and combat style(s) is necessary to be able to better help you through your difficulties.

The various enemy types have certain weaknesses and resistances to to various damage types as well, finding out what they are and modifying your weapon for specific enemies that you will be encountering on missions will help ensure your survivability.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

I try to use cover as much as possible, im just getting swamped by any defense mission, or mobile defense i cannot take out enough enemies quickly before i am swarmed. i feel like im using rubber bullets. i have to do small bursts to head/chest to get a quick kill but that term is relative cause its like 7 to 8 shots before one guy goes down. Does weap level mean nothing or am i just having to get really good mods to make a weap do any damage.

Level alone won't make your warframes and weapons more effective (in fact weapon level only affects mod capacity, nothing else). I'd recommend leveling up your mods to become more effective. If it is mobile/defense you are having trouble with then I suggest trying a public match. I know you may have your reasons for playing solo (if you do so) but the high amount of enemies that spawn during those missions necessitates teammates if your gear isn't strong enough.

your not trying to solo these defense and mobile defense missions with low level gear are you?

If your running the mission solo your going to have some trouble getting through survival/defense missions especially when your gear is still relatively low lvl and unmodded. I definitely would recommend playing with some people till you have more experience.

Edited by VigilantRich

When I was new I'd stayed in low level mission for a long time realizing that I need credits, mods, potatoes to upgrade my stuff to further progress in the solar map. Yeah kindda hard and need patience for most new player, unless you can shorten it by buying plat. I'd say pick a good primary for you to invest on, what rank it requires, rank up and be ready to upgrade it as soon as you have it. Killing stuff quickly is preferred.