Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are There Any Good Grineer?

Aramanth

The Corpus don't necessarily seem evil, just greedy and intent on using warframe technology.  We even have an ally in Darvo.  The grineer, however, are kitten-kicking evil, especially if you listen to some of their broadcasts in the Liset.  Are there any Grineer that aren't like that?  Like, they really don't want to fight either the corpus or the Tenno?  Or does being a clone of a clone just make you hellbent on being a generic evil alien race?

I havent seen any lore for good grineers but with them being a bunch of clones i dont think the chances of there being one is very high. We dont have any info on how Grineer shape and whip their soldiers into what they are but they all seem unified on a hate based ideology to anything not Grineer so presumably they are taught to hate their enemies making the chances of a good Grineer very little. even if there was a good Grineer it would probaly be considered a defect and disposed off. Though there are radio bits about what i think is a Grineer soldier scanning for Tenno and their sympathisers but i dont know if there are Grineer among these.

We'll Sargas Rul seems like a pretty good guy. He only wanted to wipe out the Corpus after they screwed him over in the gravidus dilemma, which is totally justified. He was clearly willing to work with Tenno and judged them based on their strength not their allegiance. He accepted strong Tenno just as he would a grineer. When you battle him, his comments even seem to imply he believes that the grineer are protecting the rest of the galaxy, and he criticizes your lack of honour. Additionally, when vay Hek uses the grustrag 3, ruk seems appalled, since they commit violence against other grineer.

Sargus Ruk seems like a good, hounourable fellow who just happens to be fighting for a rival faction.  He's following what he knows and what he believes to be right.  After all, if you were Grineer you would probably think that fighting for the good of your people and hunting down those who sympathise we Tenno is 'good'.  Bear in mind that a single Tenno can infiltrate a Grineer Galleon, redirect it to who knows where, rig the reactor core to explode and slaughter hundreds of Grineer along the way.  They may be clones but they do have feelings and know despair going by the times they have spotted me and I hear 'Augh noh!" and the sad tones of the voice we hear in those intercepted messages when they find a ship with the crew cut to pieces by Tenno and no survivors.

Edited by Katinka

DE should really expand on Grineer lore and Grineer moral ambiguity than just "We are evil baddies that are evil. We eat babies and stab puppies in faces. We have no other reasonable goal other than to take over the solar system and be evil."

I was hoping there would be a rebellion section of Grineer, those who are displeased of their existence and their servitude towards the Twin Queens.

That said, they could be a part of the Red Veil, since these "colonists" couldn't get more Grineer weapons if it weren't for some inside efforts.

I want a Rouge Grineer Warframe........a Grineer that went through the process of a Tenno to become the first Grin-Tenno

Is that even possible?  I thought there was some talk in the prologue about how Tenno are essentially energy beings or something.

Being clones has nothing to do with it per se. Cloning is just another process for creating a lifeform, like any other form of reproduction. That said, there may or may not be some genetic engineering introduced into the process that may contribute to say, aggressiveness, or loyalty, or any number of traits, but this would still not really be mind control (afaik. Perhaps the Orokin future space magic has unlocked new forms of genetic manipulation.)

There's not much reason to assume there aren't "good" Grineer. We don't really encounter or know anything much about anyone who isn't a random soldier we are fighting, anyway, with precious few exceptions.

I think the bacon scarcity has caused them all to become bad and start a 3 way war (Corpus, Grineer, and Tenno). Those who have gone too long without having bacon eventually get the withdrawal symptoms and eventually turn into the infested

:)