Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh Yeah, Yet Another Alert On A Quest Node

Mickey1779

Second time in the last two weeks we get an Alert for an item on the quest node E Prime, as a result solo players cannot access it because of the atrocious drop rate of Kubrow Eggs.

DE, can you do us players all a favor and stop Alerts from spawning on Quest nodes until you finally fix this long standing Warframe design flaw.

I am calling it a design flaw as opposed to a bug since the Alert system is working as intended but the design was flawed from the start and not thought out since this has happened a number of times since Alert 2.0 was released over a year ago, with more than one Alert appearing on a node at the same time.

To fix this, either

- allow players to select the mission they want to run on a node, similar to how you can choose normal or nightmare when nightmare is on a node.

or 

- modify Alert system so Alerts cannot spawn on quest nodes or already existing Alerts.  This option may be impossible if Quest nodes are random from player to player or as more and more nodes get locked out as more quests added to Warframe.

Edited by Mickey1779

The quest has nothing to do with that node in particular any node on earth except interception and defense can get you eggs, even alerts. 

Edit: Now that I remember how the alert and quest thing goes together I can see the issue that the quests cover alerts. 

Edited by Zarbain

erm, don't know how to tell you this, but I'm a solo player, and I've completed all the current quests rather quickly. It's not a major issue, really. It *DOES* need to let you pick the mission you want to run, but it's not necesarrily a majorly flawed system.

Hint, just because you did, doesn't mean it holds true for everyone else. It took dozens of runs to get my first egg and clear the quest from the node. More than one person was locked out of the livestream catalyst alert because it was on the quest node.

The quest has nothing to do with that node in particular any node on earth except interception and defense can get you eggs, even alerts. 

It doesn't matter, since you can't run the alert on the E Prime node while the objective to get an egg is active. Until you get one, it won't allow you to run any alerts on that node.

Hint, just because you did, doesn't mean it holds true for everyone else. It took dozens of runs to get my first egg and clear the quest from the node. More than one person was locked out of the livestream catalyst alert because it was on the quest node.

It doesn't matter, since you can't run the alert on the E Prime node while the objective to get an egg is active. Until you get one, it won't allow you to run any alerts on that node.

Maybe because it's 3:30 am for me, but I don't see the problem. If the alert can't be done while the quest is active on that node, then...what's the problem?

Or is it that the people getting angry about it are those that wanted to do that particular alert and couldn't?

Edited by SoulEchelon

Maybe because it's 3:30 am for me, but I don't see the problem. If the alert can't be done while the quest is active on that node, then...what's the problem?

Or is it that the people getting angry about it are those that wanted to do that particular alert and couldn't?

The second, it's a pretty simple concept. As said, there were guys who couldn't even do the livestream alert for a catalyst because the egg objective locks the E Prime node into "quest mode".

Edited by Taranis49

The second, it's a pretty simple concept. As said, there were guys who couldn't even do the livestream alert for a catalyst because the egg objective locks the E Prime node into "quest mode".

Ah, yeah I can understand that. Then I agree; they should either add an option or not have alerts on those nodes.

erm, don't know how to tell you this, but I'm a solo player, and I've completed all the current quests rather quickly. It's not a major issue, really. It *DOES* need to let you pick the mission you want to run, but it's not necesarrily a majorly flawed system.

This