Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im Scared Whats Going To Happen To The Ps4 Community In 6 Weeks Time - Destiny Release

(PSN)Quo_Tee

I wonder what will happen to the community, In particular the PS4 warframe community in 6 weeks time when destiny is released.

When the Alpha and Beta were live, every active PS4 warframe I knew were just playing the hell out of the game, not even logging into warfame once, I know that DE are expanding to Xbone, but what if thats not enough to keep this game alive, what if they are all playing destiny too? Not to mention over new big title are coming out soon like the New COD (not a big fan of)

I wonder what will happen to the community, In particular the PS4 warframe community in 6 weeks time when destiny is released.

When the Alpha and Beta were live, every active PS4 warframe I knew were just playing the hell out of the game, not even logging into warfame once, I know that DE are expanding to Xbone, but what if thats not enough to keep this game alive, what if they are all playing destiny too? Not to mention over new big title are coming out soon like the New COD (not a big fan of)

other not Over :/

Haven't played it but I fail to see two things:

1. WHY NOT ON PC??? Just stupid not to release the game you spent  OVER 500 MILLION to make and not release it on a very big platform

2. What the hype is all about. I understand it is made by Bungie and I am very happy to see that it has the Halo feel (loved Halo, too bad the rest aren't on PC) due to animations and movement even the shaders remind me of that etc. but I can't see any super crazy thing that attracts me to it :/

1. WHY NOT ON PC??? Just stupid not to release the game you spent  OVER 500 MILLION to make and not release it on a very big platform

Apparent steam was data-mined to show Destiny with a possible March window for PC, if it's real or not I donno so take that with a grain of salt. That being said the 500 Million was for everything over the next 10 years, including the next games in line and Adverts and Promos.

Also I tried the Beta, I rather liked it, the story had pretty good set up, though they have a lot of implied history for now, makes me feeling like the good old DkS days trying to dig for lore. the gunplay reminded me of a Halo/Borderlands feel to it and the PvP was solid enough for me even for a beta.

Will it replace Warframe for me? not likely in the long term, but I'll still play it and enjoy it.

Edited by Rallinious

I dont have a PS4 or Xbone so i cant play Destiny until its released for PC. That is if its even released for PC. I am however still going to play Warframe even if Destiny come to PC as i like Warframe too and it has its own charms as well. There are similarities between the games but i dont see why that should prevent me from playing both.

Apparent steam was data-mined to show Destiny with a possible March window for PC, if it's real or not I donno so take that with a grain of salt. That being said the 500 Million was for everything over the next 10 years, including the next games in line and Adverts and Promos.

Ahh that's good news(-ish as they are only rumours :D)

Yeah I understand that but for a game that budget is still pretty big, also I am not sure how they plan to get profit or money back as they would have to sell an immense amount of copies :S

If Destiny ever gets released on PC, I'm never going to play Warframe again. It seriously looks so much better.

March 2015 is the speculated date because of a steam mess up. Look it up.

You can play it right now the beta went public a few days ago. Warframe is a very unique game that something like destiny is not going to knock it out. Destiny is a better looking Borderlands with diversity. Players will always shift to where the hype is but something like warframe where players spend hour upon hours and there is always potential for the game to become better, players just can't give something like that up. I see many in-game friends come back nearly every update just to see what is new and what has become better.

Edited by Postal_pat

2. What the hype is all about. I understand it is made by Bungie and I am very happy to see that it has the Halo feel (loved Halo, too bad the rest aren't on PC) due to animations and movement even the shaders remind me of that etc. but I can't see any super crazy thing that attracts me to it :/

Deej did say that they may make a PC version on a later date

http://www.breathecast.com/articles/destiny-pc-release-date-bungie-and-activision-via-steam-on-march-2015-17324/

Title overextended for clarity.

Hopefully, nothing terrible.

If it's the case, maybe DE will react in a very active way to make the PS4 players still interested in Warframe.

Anyway, improving the PS4 Warframe experience in definitely on DE's minds, competition or not.

Note that Warframe is still a F2P when Destiny is not. They haven't the same background, means, development rythm, universe etc.

I don't think they are antagonists. They only share the sci-fi taste and online coop.

Note that Warframe is still a F2P when Destiny is not.

That only means better content can be expected from Destiny. According to the many livestreams I have watched, Destiny indeed seems like a much better game.

Edited by PeanutMonster

Title overextended for clarity.

Hopefully, nothing terrible.

If it's the case, maybe DE will react in a very active way to make the PS4 players still interested in Warframe.

Note that Warframe is still a F2P when Destiny is not. They haven't the same background, means, development rythm, etc.

I don't think they are antagonists.

Well, lets be honest, It takes about just over a month for PS4 version of warframe to receive a update (be it large or small) So it will be difficult for DE to respond quickly, I know Warframe is F2P but I still dont think that will help with this problem

Let people go to other games over shiny and fluff stuff, either they'll be back, or don't... SWTOR also had a 300 million budget, they were screaming and hyping about the "story pillar" and how it was made by Bioware, and look how it ended up...

People think graphics are everything? See how much I care...

Destiny isnt the only problem, as we all know. November is when BIG titles are released, so a month after Destiny is released, the next CoD will be released (not a fan of) so if Destiny isnt their cup of tea, COD might be, either way, Warframe is a pretty old game, and it does get boring at times, as experienced players (like myself) will get bored of trying to achieve 100 waves in T4 defence and cant really farm for anything as there wont be anything left to farm for

Edited by (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e

I honestly don't see what the fuss about Destiny is, I played the closed beta on friend's ps4(week or 2 ago) and its nothing that will change the world of gaming or anything. It's just a more polished planetside 2 with some borderlands thrown in.

Also, dem long as hell loading screens, you WILL need a sshd or an ssd in your PS4 if you want to have fun.

Edited by kiteohatto

I honestly don't see what the fuss is about about Destiny, played the closed beta on friend's ps4 and its nothing that will change the world of gaming or anything. It's just a more polished planetside 2 with some borderlands thrown in.

Also, dem long as hell loading screens, you WILL need a sshd or an ssd in your PS4 if you want to have fun.

Yeah, dem loading screens 0_o

Other than 1min long loading screens, the game is awesome, and at least there arent that many long loading screens

That only means better content can be expected from Destiny. According to the many livestreams I have watched, Destiny indeed seems like a much better game.

not really.  if you bought the game, they already got your money.  expect major updates in the form of paid dlc, and minor content updates monthly or bi-monthly.  F2P games still have to earn your money.   Besides, it mostly has to do with the company whether they put out quality content or not.  DE is on a win streak with games, Bungie...not as much (no offence halo fans), halo 3 and after disappointed.

When destiny is released, yes people will go out and buy it, play is exclusively for a week, burn out on it, then everything will be normal.

Well, lets be honest, It takes about just over a month for PS4 version of warframe to receive a update (be it large or small) So it will be difficult for DE to respond quickly, I know Warframe is F2P but I still dont think that will help with this problem

Because Destiny is supposed to add content more than once every month? Having Players input on the new contents?

Are their Devs making devstreams twice a month? Will they be PMable?

Destiny has not the same means neither objectives. Being a paying game, their content must be really polished (this is their strength), yeah, but you must pay to taste it.

It's a different approach (i don't say it's worse or better, i say it's different from Warframe).

So, there's no need to be afraid, there's the need to benefit from this event to enhance Warframe on PS4.

What could make Warframe more unique? What could help the PS4 playerbase to be more satisfied from Warframe?

We already know that the delay of updates is a pain for the PS4 players, but DE stated that they will work like this: PC base are kind of the "alpha testers". They have been informed of the wishes of the PS4 playerbase but cannot fulfil it because of Sony mechanics and means of their own studio.

This problem has no solution for now because the way it works is more convenient for DE at the moment. We must find other ways to improve PS4 Warframe edition and the fun it can provide to all PS4 players.