Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im Scared Whats Going To Happen To The Ps4 Community In 6 Weeks Time - Destiny Release

(PSN)Quo_Tee

Will just mention Halo 3 was datamined to come out on steam as well but that was shown about 7 years ago.

Now for some other news regarding destiny on pc:

Interview with bungie posted on eurogamer.net

Surely it wouldn't take much time or effort for Bungie to release a PC version, then?

"The truth is it's not that simple," design lead Lars Bakken told Eurogamer during a recent studio tour.

"I wish it was that simple. It's pretty complicated. That doesn't mean it can't happen in the future, it just means it won't happen right now."

Means that the march 2015 might be a possibility anyway but after seeing the halo 3 thing had the same happening im still not keeping my hopes up in regards to that one. :-)

As for destiny stealing warframe players:

It probably will but thats how the evolution within the gaming industry goes. Nonetheless warframe is still free where destiny will cost you a new game which may still keep on attracting a different audience.

Im personally gonna be playing both. I usually play warframe on and off to come get the new stuff every patchup since i love the combat system as it is but I also like how destiny plays out and how the world works. Am hoping for a destiny pc release sometime in the future but I will be playing it on console beforehand nonetheless. Feels like a too good game to pass up for now. :-)
Edited by ralifur

since i already got almost all the gear i want in warframe, i too will quit and goto destiny unless de devotes more time and effort on the pvp side. pvp is the only thing that can save warframe from becoming boring and add replay value, imo. its certainly got the potential to have innovative and dynamic pvp.

so far bungie seems to be doing a good job on both modes, but that is to be expected with their budget.

I've played roughly 40 hours of the Destiny Beta thus far. It's a new universe, some actual established lore that will be released in full (a complete attraction). The gameplay is only getting old because I maxed my level 8 character to death. There is little I can do to improve it's equipment. PvP, however limited, was something I've yet to experience in PvP games. Yes, it has all the same concepts, but it just feels... good.

I'm not removing myself from Warframe in the least, I currently just have absolutely nothing satisfying to accomplish in Warframe at the moment. It's a much blander cake as I've tasted it too often.

Something very very basic needs to be said. We have seen this time and time again. New game is going to kill this one. truth is F2P is one of the most profitable and sturdy business models when done correctly. DCUO, Tera, Aion, etc were dying as pay to play games. They survived by going F2P and so have many more. While destiny might be the best game of all time in the eyes of some Warframe is still home to many. 

the thing to remember is that even in a similar genre Pay to play, buy to play, and free to play markets are very different. There are many factors to consider including investment, and enjoy ability.

The funny thing to ask yourself is when Kubrows drop on PS4 + Vor + ships are players really going to skip all that new content just because?

You do not have to play just one game you realize that right?

since i already got almost all the gear i want in warframe, i too will quit and goto destiny unless de devotes more time and effort on the pvp side. pvp is the only thing that can save warframe from becoming boring and add replay value, imo. its certainly got the potential to have innovative and dynamic pvp.

so far bungie seems to be doing a good job on both modes, but that is to be expected with their budget.

Bungie has a larger team and other studios backing them up so they can create both pve and pvp. Give DE some time pvp is going to develop slower because warframe is pve based therefore pvp is going to get pushed back if soething in the pve is wrong. This will probably keep happening unless DE gets more crew or decides to decicate an update to pvp ony which is unlikely because this is a pve game.

If you mean skip it because of Destiny, I doubt it as Destiny will likely not be playable at that time.

I meant in a general sense as well. These big bad @$$ game X going to kill my game questions are kind of a pain. The basic answer is probably not. Triple A titles have the type of investment that goes into them that either they make a profit or die (nowadays go FTP). Many games have weathered many storms and been just fine. Most payer do not play just one game and even games that have small pops survive (see Hawkens) for quite some time. I have said this before but many players simply do not get it. Most of these games survive on their dedicated bases. DE push out content at a pace that players come back spend a few plat for shines get bored play something else and then do it all again. 

I am not saying numbers won't be lost but this is the shooter market most games weather each other just fine.

One more thing to note beside the sci fi elements these games are far apart in Market. FPS and TPS are markets apart on PC (different on console). 

Edited by TheGuy08

DE push out content at a pace that players come back spend a few plat for shines get board play something else and then do it all again. 

This is what DLC is aswell, I swear all the game companies have this little organization where they have each other make DLC to be released before or after they release DLC. I just see people hopping back and forth from 5 different games again and again because of this.

Conspiracies. :P

This is what DLC is aswell, I swear all the game companies have this little organization where they have each other make DLC to be released before or after they release DLC. I just see people hopping back and forth from 5 different games again and again because of this.

Conspiracies. :P

the_more_you_know_nbc.gif

Ahh that's good news(-ish as they are only rumours :D)

.... I am not sure how they plan to get profit or money back as they would have to sell an immense amount of copies :S

They will. Can already buy a "season pass" with the premium versions.

Here's the thing about Destiny. I read about the game 'First Person Shooter'. Immediately closed the tab and will NEVER play it.

Third-person shooters, fine by me. Things like Dead-Space, Space Marine etc. You get the idea. First person? NOPE

Warframe is a third person shooter and caters to that community. A new dead-space release may threaten it more than an FPS because at it's core, it is not an FPS.

Let me just show why I'd pick warframe over every other FPS in the market:

- FPS - No parkour (if there was we'd all have fits)

- FPS - tougher to make use of the environment (I don't think you can wall-run, and then snipe someone in the head effectively

- FPS - No Kubrows

- FPS - No radial disarm, they can shoot me and I don't like it.

- FPS - No Lato, instant fail.

I dislike Destiny due to lack of gore. But I too will be moving to other games - like Akiba's Trip 2 on PS4 this holiday. Spent hundreds of hours in this game on Vita, and now it's coming to PS4 and in English. My English is way more fluent then my Japanese. Yes, many people will neglect the game this holiday season.

DE may want to rethink their strategy of making stuff PC exclusive for no good reason.  

Really aren't the same games. This is DE vs Bungie. Bungie has a good track record and puts out respectable quality content. A very talented team and a huge amount of resources. 

Story mode? Go ahead. Don't give a **** about story? Go play the PvP. Want to go explore a random cave and get ****** up by level ??? enemies? Want to customize your character and do emotes in the town? Go ahead.

Are we really comparing the two?

hmm looks like im the only one who doesn't actually care about destiny.

but yeah,probably won't have any real impact on warframe at all.those who are still interested in warframe will keep playing,and those who leave were probably gonna end up leaving soon anyway for one reason or another.

Edited by LostCody

Here's the thing about Destiny. I read about the game 'First Person Shooter'. Immediately closed the tab and will NEVER play it.

Third-person shooters, fine by me. Things like Dead-Space, Space Marine etc. You get the idea. First person? NOPE

Warframe is a third person shooter and caters to that community. A new dead-space release may threaten it more than an FPS because at it's core, it is not an FPS.

Let me just show why I'd pick warframe over every other FPS in the market:

- FPS - No parkour (if there was we'd all have fits)

- FPS - tougher to make use of the environment (I don't think you can wall-run, and then snipe someone in the head effectively

- FPS - No Kubrows

- FPS - No radial disarm, they can shoot me and I don't like it.

- FPS - No Lato, instant fail.

Ho boy.

- Destiny doesn't really need the Parkour. Having played several hours of it now the jumping and sliding mechanics where just fine on their own. Parkour is something that feels like it belongs in Warframe but I didn't really find myself thinking that it was something I wanted in Destiny.

- It is not harder to us your environment. Having played several hours it felt perfectly natural to use everything from boulders to rooftops as cover while I sprint around the combat zone. If you have trouble using the environment in an FPS that is a personal problem.

- Instead of a Kubrow you get a Landspeeder. At least the Speeder doesn't demand I log in every few days to inject it with steroids. A lot less cute though. I named my speeder Stacey.

- In Destiny you disarm your opponents by blowing their head clean off their shoulders. It doesn't even cost energy. Very fun.

- They have Magnums. They're kinda underpowered compared to automatic weapons but they're pretty satisfying to shoot.

It goes without saying man, you really shouldn't be passing judgement on a game you admit yourself you've not only never played but never will. There is really very little that is bad about Destiny. You shouldn't try to dream up a whole list of made up issues based entirely on the camera perspective.

I've put a good 20 hours this weekend into it and luckily was on time when the Moon was open for the 2 hour duration (yes i hailed the moon wizard) Destiny and Warframe are so different from each other i don't see what the problem is. Players always flock to new IP's and that's not going to change, ever.

Ho boy.

- Destiny doesn't really need the Parkour. Having played several hours of it now the jumping and sliding mechanics where just fine on their own. Parkour is something that feels like it belongs in Warframe but I didn't really find myself thinking that it was something I wanted in Destiny.

- It is not harder to us your environment. Having played several hours it felt perfectly natural to use everything from boulders to rooftops as cover while I sprint around the combat zone. If you have trouble using the environment in an FPS that is a personal problem.

- Instead of a Kubrow you get a Landspeeder. At least the Speeder doesn't demand I log in every few days to inject it with steroids. A lot less cute though. I named my speeder Stacey.

- In Destiny you disarm your opponents by blowing their head clean off their shoulders. It doesn't even cost energy. Very fun.

- They have Magnums. They're kinda underpowered compared to automatic weapons but they're pretty satisfying to shoot.

It goes without saying man, you really shouldn't be passing judgement on a game you admit yourself you've not only never played but never will. There is really very little that is bad about Destiny. You shouldn't try to dream up a whole list of made up issues based entirely on the camera perspective.

Personal preference in my opinion. For me FPS really suffers from issues where I can't see myself effectively utilizing the environment like I do in Warframe or in other third-person shooters.

I like having a bit more depth to my movement and having that freedom that comes with literally jumping all over the place. It feels nice and suits the way I want to play a game (again why I never touch FPS). Though realistically that wasn't the case with Dead-Space since I spent most of my time leisurely strolling everywhere.

You win on the Kubrow thing.

In response to blowing their heads off I can't aim :( So that's why I prefer a skill where I don't have to aim (personal preference again)

The lato was a joke, nobody uses a lato...or at least I don't think anyone actually does except for the mastery. Most games will have a side-arm of some sort. 

Back to the actual point though, I still think it's not that big a threat. Basically because you play Warframe for a different reason to Destiny or any other FPS.

Personal preference in my opinion. For me FPS really suffers from issues where I can't see myself effectively utilizing the environment like I do in Warframe or in other third-person shooters.

I like having a bit more depth to my movement and having that freedom that comes with literally jumping all over the place. It feels nice and suits the way I want to play a game (again why I never touch FPS). Though realistically that wasn't the case with Dead-Space since I spent most of my time leisurely strolling everywhere.

You win on the Kubrow thing.

In response to blowing their heads off I can't aim :( So that's why I prefer a skill where I don't have to aim (personal preference again)

The lato was a joke, nobody uses a lato...or at least I don't think anyone actually does except for the mastery. Most games will have a side-arm of some sort. 

Back to the actual point though, I still think it's not that big a threat. Basically because you play Warframe for a different reason to Destiny or any other FPS.

It's cool man. With FPS it is all about experience. The more you play the easier and the more natural it gets. You really shouldn't judge them too harshly.

I agree on that last line though. Destiny isn't something that should be considered a threat to Warframe. If anything I think the games are a neat compliment to each other for those people who just can't get enough of the Sci-Fi shooter.

It's cool man. With FPS it is all about experience. The more you play the easier and the more natural it gets. You really shouldn't judge them too harshly.

I agree on that last line though. Destiny isn't something that should be considered a threat to Warframe. If anything I think the games are a neat compliment to each other for those people who just can't get enough of the Sci-Fi shooter.

Nah I'm just bad with them, believe me I tried. When I was growing up Halo was like...everything and I was just the worst player in history...probably.

But then came a sudden wave of third person shooters and now I'm in my element...except when the game is down and I lurk on forums.