Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im Scared Whats Going To Happen To The Ps4 Community In 6 Weeks Time - Destiny Release

(PSN)Quo_Tee

I wonder what will happen to the community, In particular the PS4 warframe community in 6 weeks time when destiny is released.

When the Alpha and Beta were live, every active PS4 warframe I knew were just playing the hell out of the game, not even logging into warfame once, I know that DE are expanding to Xbone, but what if thats not enough to keep this game alive, what if they are all playing destiny too? Not to mention over new big title are coming out soon like the New COD (not a big fan of)

console gamers have never been known for their loyalty

Personal preference in my opinion. For me FPS really suffers from issues where I can't see myself effectively utilizing the environment like I do in Warframe or in other third-person shooters.

I like having a bit more depth to my movement and having that freedom that comes with literally jumping all over the place. It feels nice and suits the way I want to play a game (again why I never touch FPS). Though realistically that wasn't the case with Dead-Space since I spent most of my time leisurely strolling everywhere.

You win on the Kubrow thing.

In response to blowing their heads off I can't aim :( So that's why I prefer a skill where I don't have to aim (personal preference again)

The lato was a joke, nobody uses a lato...or at least I don't think anyone actually does except for the mastery. Most games will have a side-arm of some sort. 

Back to the actual point though, I still think it's not that big a threat. Basically because you play Warframe for a different reason to Destiny or any other FPS.

Play Mirriors Edge and educate yourself on why you have no idea what your talking about. Entire game revolves around actual parkour and proper one at that... not the glitchy one you got here. And its fully FP.

Back on topic. I'm hardcore PC gamer I don't want or care for someone else to tell me what/when/how I should play and use my equipment for. So that new halo crap can to places. It will be another CoD 412415 or MW 124125123 or what ever other pile of rubbish that EA/Activision spews on yearly basis.

At the end of the day even if I played it I would probably feel like Wolfenstein 3D was better experience.

Edited by HiSaZuL

DE probably recognizes the big-budget Destiny threat: that's why they've got the August 15 thing in the works.

Keep in mind, Destiny was in the works for five years. Warframe's been out for one and three-quarters, and probably will take as many years to come out of beta, but in the meantime we, the gamers, are on the ground floor of a unique and fun game that already is a contender in the gaming market, and we get to influence it. No such thing with Destiny.

Don't get me wrong, it looks fun, but the alien factions strike me as done-to-death.

As for CoD? Well, most of us aren't that excited for it, considering the fiasco that was Ghosts. Titanfall was hyped up, and it kinda fell, so I doubt any new games are really going to detract the console playerbase.

Say, do you think it'll come out on the Wii U in 2015?

And even then, Warframe's a PC game too. Losing a console playerbase will hurt it hard, but DE has a huge base on PC to pull them back up.

You are all missing the point.

I saw Destiny long before I saw Warframe on steam, U6 open beta right?

I saw two things right away.

1) It will look and play great. It has a solid sci-fi world, classes and a mystery to solve.

Magic knights with alien powers.

Alien monsters.

2) It will be on PS4. Im a PC gamer.

Soo then comes Warframe. sci-fi, powers, all in all very similar to Destinys pitch.

And its beta and on PC!

Warframe is in a good place now. They can "borrow" the best parts from Destiny, Eve, Home World, Gears of War and so on and build upon the action-core that is Warframe.

I can say this though, we would be much better off with a mystery of our own to discover.

Unless the game grows in story progression and backstory, I fear wf will end up a team pvp game. I hope I am wrong, and DE have got half a year to prove themselves.

My point is; warframe could grow into a wh 40k /star craft-universe.

Destiny is pretty good, I loved the beta. I didn't touch Warframe when the Destiny beta was out, honestly, the beta had alot more to do in than Warframe has. It was easy to earn Crucibile marks and Iron Banner reputation, after a few Iron Banner games, I had enough reputation to buy one of the Legendary Cloaks for my Hunter, even got a full loadout of some of the best Uncommon weapons and gear and it was so easy to level up and upgrade everything.

Warframe has been nothing but a grind fest, it hasn't been fun since U.8 when everything was reasonable. U.9+ just increased the amount of grinding and farming you had to do.

With school starting soon also, I will be busy, so on my downtime, I will be playing Destiny instead of what little fun Warframe has left. U.14 has pretty much killed it.

There are only Five destinations in the game...

Destinations meaning Planets. There are different segments and areas in the game, for example Old Russia, and we did not even have access to the entirety of it.

The Moon map was glorious while we were on it. Most of it was open, save for a few bits deep down that we really should not have been able to survive running to.

There are only Five destinations in the game...

Destinations meaning Planets. There are different segments and areas in the game, for example Old Russia, and we did not even have access to the entirety of it.

The Moon map was glorious while we were on it. Most of it was open, save for a few bits deep down that we really should not have been able to survive running to.

Time will likely release more areas than what will be released initially. I wouldn't be surprised, if we got an area per continent on Earth sort of deal.

I didn't get to play the Beta (had family in town for the week I spent my time with) but I'll probably pick up the game. If for no other reason than to have another game to play with friends. Options are always good.

Don't play too many FPSs either. I think the only ones I've played were the Bioshock series.

For now, I'm on Warframe, I'm having fun. It's casual and entertaining. I can play for 20 minutes or a few hours so that's appealing. Not having long term commitment in sessions is a good thing.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye