Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Skill Of Sunika Cubrow

DreamDreamDayDream

I dont have a sunika but I saw one of its skill is to help capture the target right? I think that's not a good idea. The skills of the other 3 kinds of cubrow can be used in every map but only this skill is specific for capture, and meanwhile very unnecessary, even useless (it is not difficult to capture the target yourself). So can you please reconsider about this skill or even remake it ?

I think the skill helps A LOT on the higher levels and especially against the grineer targets because it either pins them down for you to shoot them or just 1 hit kills them allowing you to capture them. I have never played so many capture missions after U14 dropped.

I'm curious about this too.  It works on at least some bosses but.. it's not often I'm going around fighting bosses.  

If it doesn't already, I hope they make the skill work against eximus/leader enemies.  

Not sure if it was a bug but i have seen a screenshot of a sunika pinning down the Jackal.

if it works on bosses to it is not quiet as useless

Well is this exclusively a Sunika thing? Because I saw mine pinned 1 of the Grustrag 3, he couldn't even move or shoot. And my Unleashed wasn't even ranked.

I dont have a sunika but I saw one of its skill is to help capture the target right? I think that's not a good idea. The skills of the other 3 kinds of cubrow can be used in every map but only this skill is specific for capture, and meanwhile very unnecessary, even useless (it is not difficult to capture the target yourself). So can you please reconsider about this skill or even remake it ?

Sunika is probably one of the better breeds of Kubrows. A lot of people think the capture thing is useless, but its not. Its what makes it shine.

I have yet to see Unleashed do something that hasn't been done by another Kubrow.  My boyfriend and I have two different Kubrow--  Mine is Sunika, his is whatever one gets that digging ability.  Both have pinned capture targets, and both have grappled bosses (in the same mission, too).  So what exactly is this mod supposed to do?

Yeah the pinning thing is not unique to the Suninka. All Kubrows can pin enemies, it's just that they don't do it terribly often. Sadly, Sunika Kurbrows are, for all intents and purposes, just Sahasa Kubrows without the ability to dig up ammo.

I think most people confuse pinning down VIP targets with grappling targets.

Grappling (kubrow stands on its two feet and grapples an enemy with two front paws) should be savagery (on Sunika). 

On the other hand, unleased is a little different. It makes my kubrow lose his S#&$ and rush after a VIP target in void capture. It will then proceed to literally pin down the target by biting on one of the VIP target's legs.

Unleased looks cool when its executed properly, but often times the skill is just buggy and a damn burden. I've seen my kubrow use unleashed (when he goes apeS#&$ and BOLTS after a VIP target) but fails to actually pin down the target due to weird buggy pathing. I often have to wait a good 15 seconds or even up to 30 seconds just to see my Sunika FINALLY pin down a VIP target in T2C. In T3C, if my Sunika tries to pin down a VIP target, he can often die in the process simply because it takes forever for my Sunika to reach the VIP target and he gets gunned down in the process (he has 1.5k hp, 500ish shield and 150 armor).

I tested unleashed on Lech Krill and it was just embarrassing. My Sunika would perform unleashed ONCE, pinning down Kril for roughl 3-5 seconds, then once he lets go, HE IS COMPLETELY FROZEN. No matter what I do, even if I go frenzy on Krill, my Sunika just wont move. He'll just stand RIGHT NEXT TO KRILL and face tank him until he dies. Then I have to revive him, and he will get up again, this time not performing unleashed at all, and just stands still, AND DIES OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER AGAIN.

It is really painful to watch.

^That Kril part sounds like a bug, not a true downside. 

of course its a bug, and of course its not a true downside. however, kubrows are so full of bugs that its hard to just say "disregard the bugs". buggy size (tiny/large kubrow size bug), buggy pathing (kubrow flying off the map or stuck in random places), and buggy abilities. they really are just buggy expensive eye candy right now.

Well is this exclusively a Sunika thing? Because I saw mine pinned 1 of the Grustrag 3, he couldn't even move or shoot. And my Unleashed wasn't even ranked.

it was the savagery.

when kubrow use skill, a number '100' pop up