The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Phobos, Make Mars Better.

Innocent_Flower

Why? 

- Because Giving players earlier access to the excellent arid tileset and arid enemies would be a good thing. 

- The arid tileset fits mars. 

- Because on the map there's too many orbs in the circle (when you've unlocked everything there's more than 15) and it slows down selection

- Because Phobos in real life isn't a huge round moon, It's an asteroid in a very fast orbit that's so small that it doesn't have enough gravity to round itself. If you want more playable areas, Use more of jupiter's moons (like Europa, there's also ganymede, Io and callisto ) 

I'll add "Because Phoboss is Dead'' simply to avoid saying I agree fully. Its odd That Phoboss looks more mars like than does mars.

And seriously have you tried getting a public game on Phobos? Its just dead, not being able to find a team without constant begging on recruitment is a bigger concern than the mobs atm. 

I'll add "Because Phoboss is Dead'' simply to avoid saying I agree fully. Its odd That Phoboss looks more mars like than does mars.

And seriously have you tried getting a public game on Phobos? Its just dead, not being able to find a team without constant begging on recruitment is a bigger concern than the mobs atm. 

Finding public game on phobos is more rare than finding a Kubrow egg. I'm not even kidding.

I disagree for two reasons- Hellions and Eviscerators. As a new player these enemies are just a nightmare. You 

haven't quite figured out the controls enough to be comfortable, these things provide explosive aoe damage, and almost unpredictable bouncing projectiles. When hit by one of the Miter blades, it deals a fair amount of damage, combining it with a bleed proc is a downed new Tenno with no idea what just happened. Now combine that with flying enemies with explosively deadly projectiles, narrow corridors, and quite a few of these enemies at once.

Phobos isn't a playground. Do not move it closer and replacing player's respective playgrounds. Tilesets are nice to have, the enemies would just be especially bothersome. Players reaching Phobos for the first time have terrible issues just attempting to complete the first node. It's sad really. :/

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

I was more or less drawing from my experience which hadn't included Earth tileset at the time... So... >.> 

*abandon thread*

Having been a new player post-Earth, your first point is entirely valid. I simply could not deal with Helions and Eviscerators until my newbie Rhino finished building.

Personally I'd like Mars to get it's own special Corpus red/yellow planet tileset.

You've read my other thread about the different versions of corpus iceplanet/grineer shipyards for other terrain types, right? 

Mars is large. Not as large as earth, but very large. You've got easily more surface area than eurasia on there. It's reasonable to have the two use the same planet. I mean there was a corpus outpost on earth. 

You've read my other thread about the different versions of corpus iceplanet/grineer shipyards for other terrain types, right? 

Mars is large. Not as large as earth, but very large. You've got easily more surface area than eurasia on there. It's reasonable to have the two use the same planet. I mean there was a corpus outpost on earth. 

Yeah, I like that thread. I'd definitely be partial to Grineer controlled areas taking the Phobos or even 'Frozen shipyards' appearance.

mmmmm no.

each node give players exp towards mastery. removing phobos would make people QQ liek the removal of machette, gorgon, dual ether, snipetron etc.

also, bosses. people who have already farmed miter would be annoyed if the dual bosses were removed, also, if you put them in mars, people would complain the other way. what would we do with miter? just include it on mars? i guess that would work, but its too much of a hassle and there is no real benefit aside from "look, mars has sand now"

What if Phobos eventually turned into a small planet after thousands and thousands and thousands of years after our present time? The way I see it, Warframe is set into a very, very distant future. So it is possible that the Solar System might have had another Late Heavy Bombardment, although this time a small one which was directed mostly at Phobos.

Why not use your imagination?

To be honest this kind of suggestion is not that good, by now we know that the game doesn't/won't follow astronomical accuracy

With that in mind, all phobos needs is a reason for us to play on it, Earth has the flowers and the Kubrows, Phobos just needs something similar :/