Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Real-Time Radio Missions

faresamir7

Are you trying to make a suggestion or something? sorry you're lacking some more info...explain what are you trying to say with this

also this is not the suggestion section :S

Edited by Domaik

That would seem like an alert orientated mission though.

I was thinking this would be about the planet you were positioned on; for example:

For Earth you would have Grineer doing their Grineer things.

For Jupiter you'd have Corpus with maybe an Alad V transmission in there.

For places like OD you could have static radio transmissions and occasionally some rare infested growls from a derelict ship wreck.

Void would have the last radio transmissions from Grineer or Corpus before they were overcome by the Void.

Just some ideas.

I think this is a solid foundation for an idea, though I would be thinking more along the lines of merging these and alert missions to simulate realtime events happening across the solar system - for example, the Lotus intercepts a Grineer transmission regarding a prisoner-of-war aboard a ship destined for Mercury, Tenno has x minutes to rescue the prisoner.

Without thinking about how it would be implemented, this would add a layer of immersion to the Liset that doesn't further meddle with the UI and involves the player thematically with the intercepted radio broadcasts. This is a great example of 'good' immersion (see this UI thread for a few reasons why I think the rest of the Liset exhibits 'bad' player immersion). I'd like to see an expansion on this idea if at all possible, even if other issues like reviewing core mechanics should - in my opinion - take precedence over small(er, from the player's perspective) additions like these.

Edited by Vastaren

Are you trying to make a suggestion or something? sorry you're lacking some more info...explain what are you trying to say with this

also this is not the suggestion section :S

My bad. New to the forums... An ancient to the game.

To put it simple, how about making the Radio useful and not a part of the decoration. While you intercept communications on it, they can be potential missions.

I think this is a solid foundation for an idea, though I would be thinking more along the lines of merging these and alert missions to simulate realtime events happening across the solar system - for example, the Lotus intercepts a Grineer transmission regarding a prisoner-of-war aboard a ship destined for Mercury, Tenno has x minutes to rescue the prisoner.

Without thinking about how it would be implemented, this would add a layer of immersion to the Liset that doesn't further meddle with the UI and involves the player thematically with the intercepted radio broadcasts. This is a great example of 'good' immersion (see this UI thread for a few reasons why I think the rest of the Liset exhibits 'bad' player immersion). I'd like to see an expansion on this idea if at all possible, even if other issues like reviewing core mechanics should - in my opinion - take precedence over small(er, from the player's perspective) additions like these.

Give this man a cookie

Edited by faresamir7

While that would help immersion, i kind of find it weird that grineer chatter wont be in grineer language.

Fanod kf klos kos kle Tenno! Brig me hras kkkrggse!

(Enough of this, Kill the Tenno! and bring me his Corpse!)

Edited by Leetium

While that would help immersion, i kind of find it weird that grineer chatter wont be in grineer language.

Fanod kf klos kos kle Tenno! Brig me hras kkkrggse!

(Enough of this, Kill the Tenno!)

Meanwhile, at the corpus mother radio tower,

"Youhappap psihayotte jayjote?!?"

Ordis will be pleased to translate: "Where the f**k is my coffee?!?'

But yeah, all ideas welcome

Edited by faresamir7