Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is A Good Way To Get Your Trade Offers Noticed And Picked Up On? (Share Your Advice!)

Code-X7

Question

Everyone who has ever traded know that sometimes is is hard to get your offer noticed of picked up on.  What are some tips you can share with the warframe community to make your offers more noticed and have more buyers?  What has worked for you?  Share your advice below and help some Tenno out!

EDIT:

Some of this is some nice advice, some are just funny answers!  I'm glad this got replies!

Edited by Code-X7

Thats for ps4 its really easy to pm on the pc

Don't spam in trade chat, lurk, find someone wanting to buy something you have, sell it. Not once have any advertisement I've made given me a sale, even if the prices are reasonable. No one wants to have to pm you.

/w <usernamehere> Heryas9dfhhaio Spam key board to be first

Edited by bobsack438

I can tell you what doesn't help: a great long post about four lines long, all in capital letters. Nobody likes reading them.

I tend to wait until someone lists something they want to buy and contact them directly with an offer if I have it. At busier times it is impossible for one "WTS" post to stand out from another. Unless you're offering rock-bottom prices or something.

Learn to type quickly to message those people who WTB what you have helps.

Second of all, lead with what is not being advertised much which is in mid-high demand. An example, I was trying to sell corrupt mods and had noticed no-one WTS Narrow-Minded for a while, led with that, immediate interest.

People like it when they know what a certain item is going to cost. Put a cheap price next to the items you're selling (WTS boltor bp (20p), boltor barrel(5p) etc). Its a more preferrable way then to just ask for offers.

Edited by kubbi

^ Very true. I've noticed a lot of people don't like to put offers forward when buying, and as for haggling... I've tried to instigate it before but people tend to just leave rather than negotiate price.

It applies to both consoles. No one wants to pm you, they want to be babied through the deal. Not to be rude, it's just a generalization of who I sell to. Usually people who don't quite get what's going on.

I think you need to try the pc first before you say that but i do agree that people rather find a deal then haggle.

Its really no hassle to pm anyone i can see how annoying it might be on a ps4 having to use the controller to type,, but its not the case for pc im usually on trade 24/7 andi get lots of pms from sellers and buyers alike. 

also most pc players have been playing the game long enough to understand whats a good price for an item and have a general idea on how much they want to spend on an item 

Edited by bobsack438

I think you need to try the pc first before you say that but i do agree that people rather find a deal then haggle.

Its really no hassle to pm anyone i can see how annoying it might be on a ps4 having to use the controller to type,, but its not the case for pc im usually on trade 24/7 andi get lots of pms from sellers and buyers alike. 

I've been on PC, ultimately the PS was still my home and gravitated back to it. 100PC hours, roughly the same experience.

I've been on PC, ultimately the PS was still my home and gravitated back to it. 100PC hours, roughly the same experience.

lol only a hundred hours?

What im saying is that i think the lack of PMing on the ps4 is do to the hassle of typing with a controller and maybe by the time you finish the deal is gone.

Edited by bobsack438

lol only a hundred hours?

Yes? Considering the almost definite few hundred hours of being in trade chat for PS4 was the same as my time spent on the PC trade chat, I'd advocate they are the same, though PS4 is ultimately more expensive. Also, keep in mind I'm talking about in mission time, this excludes chat and related functions.

everytime i finish a mission i always send and advertisement at trading and i never run out of customers.

try making your ad organized , complete in words, proper spacings 

making it easy to read is always attractive

still not enough time to get the feel of trade especial if its not spent on going in to trade, You said yourself you spent time on the pc but the majority wasnt in trading anyways i think your views of the ps4 version has influenced how you went about using pc trade chat

Im saying they are not the same ps4 chat experience does not equal pc chat experience you cant say that your ps4 chat time counts for your pc chat time(If im reading what youre saying correctly) 

Yes? Considering the almost definite few hundred hours of being in trade chat for PS4 was the same as my time spent on the PC trade chat, I'd advocate they are the same, though PS4 is ultimately more expensive. Also, keep in mind I'm talking about in mission time, this excludes chat and related functions.

Edited by bobsack438

most people rather post what they want in exchange for platinum than to read offers so i wait patiently and respond to people who are looking for stuff and PM them my offer as quickly as possible, and as low as i can sell it. sometimes i win, sometimes i dont. its like fishing, just wait and you'll get a catch.

if you have a lot to sell, list as much of it as you can for CHEAP, remember its not just the guy who makes one big sale that gets rich, but also the guy who makes tons of small sales (like me)

do not be afraid to undercut people

list your wares every 2-3 minutes

be friendly as you can with your customers, many will do repeat business with you

if a customer wants a discount, tell them they get  a few plat off when they buy three of your wares

look for the people who are WTB, PM them quickly if you have what they need

goodluck =)