The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Vault: T4 Assassination Mission...

BlutAdler

If there was an assassination mission of the Orokin Vault, how difficult would you expect it to be? And yes with Vor included as a mini-boss. 

EDIT: You know what guys? I'm going to create some concept art and a story to add on to this. It's too good of an opportunity to pass up. Stay tuned.  Thank you for your replies, you've inspired me. Lol. Also for the title, I meant Void not vault.. heh +shy. Sorry.

Edited by BlutAdler

Good point. Remember Vor rambled on about knowing something about the secrets of the void? Maybe he plans on awakening something in the void that's super dangerous and that needs to be wiped out. Something so difficult you need help from both grineer and corpus. 

vor would be an obvious target for void assassination but still, an emerging threat from the orokin era with vor as miniboss before we meet it would be interesting

but what kind of threat? we don t know anything from the past except clues from codex entries. don t even know what orokin or sentients were...

Good point. Remember Vor rambled on about knowing something about the secrets of the void? Maybe he plans on awakening something in the void that's super dangerous and that needs to be wiped out. Something so difficult you need help from both grineer and corpus. 

Vor 3.0?

Edited by cam-o-flage20

Void Assassinations could be a physical manifestation of the Neural Sentry. 

For now that would be the only thing we could face that we know of. So in the end we would likely be fighting a prime styled construct...with lots of laser beams xD

I always wonder when do we get to see those Twin Sisters Vor keeps talking about, I think Orokin Vault would be a good place to expand and introduce them.

nah, the twin queens are the grineer leaders, we ll probably see them one day but as a grineer boss

Void Assassinations could be a physical manifestation of the Neural Sentry. 

For now that would be the only thing we could face that we know of. So in the end we would likely be fighting a prime styled construct...with lots of laser beams xD

while it is the logical next step, battling what is basically a computer seems a bit bland, can t see the orokin prepare a giant robot body for it in their living room. of course maybe it would channel the spirit of m*crosoft w*ndows with all the bugs, THAT would be scary

nah, the twin queens are the grineer leaders, we ll probably see them one day but as a grineer boss

while it is the logical next step, battling what is basically a computer seems a bit bland, can t see the orokin prepare a giant robot body for it in their living room. of course maybe it would channel the spirit of m*crosoft w*ndows with all the bugs, THAT would be scary

That giant robot body is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Don't worry it's coming. :)

T4 Assassination sounds fantastic. Who it would be, I have no idea.

But if I were to include some ideas, let's throw stalker in there, not him specifically.

Other Orokin Era tennos that turned once the massacre of the Orokin happened.

T4 Assassination sounds fantastic. Who it would be, I have no idea.

But if I were to include some ideas, let's throw stalker in there, not him specifically.

Other Orokin Era tennos that turned once the massacre of the Orokin happened.

this idea could be interesting, after all orokins can t have been wiped in 1 day, some could have planned revenge with tennos loyal to them, or even have been put in cryostasis by loyal servants

The loyal tennos would solve the problem of the reward, it could be a brand new prime & you get parts once you kill him/her

i d advise against the true orokin boss though, i feel it s better to keep some mystery

We are already battling lots of robots...which are just mobile computers if you think about it. And since the Grineer are not born but made via cloning...they are also nothing more but biological machines at this point.

And "bland" just because it's an computer? Doubt it!

Since Orokin Tech is far advanced we are definitely speaking about quantum computers here. It would be a machine capable not only of feelings but would have a self awareness....in addition to that this machine would be connected to the Neural Sentry....basically an artificial super organism.

Bland doesn't quite hit it.

We are already battling lots of robots...which are just mobile computers if you think about it. And since the Grineer are not born but made via cloning...they are also nothing more but biological machines at this point.

And "bland" just because it's an computer? Doubt it!

Since Orokin Tech is far advanced we are definitely speaking about quantum computers here. It would be a machine capable not only of feelings but would have a self awareness....in addition to that this machine would be connected to the Neural Sentry....basically an artificial super organism.

Bland doesn't quite hit it.

It would still be a piece of metal, with more bits of in-game code and circuitry. 

I was thinking more along the lines of an actual bio-computer of some sorts. A computer fully built out of the original Technocyte Virus structure that can shape-shift and create unpredictable attacks. 

Edited by Renegade343

yeah but as I said, I can t see the orokins making a giant robot body for their PC in what amounts to their living room (they did live in the orokin towers after all), and they did not really control the technocyte virus (according to lore we have right now, dixit mire description "the great plague")

It would still be a piece of metal, with more bits of in-game code and circuitry. 

I was thinking more along the lines of an actual bio-computer of some sorts. A computer fully built out of the original Technocyte Virus structure that can shape-shift and create unpredictable attacks. 

If it was truly unpredictable and built out of a viral structure it would win the fight vs the Tenno every single time until no single Tenno was left alive.

Also it still needs to be something the Neural Sentry can actually control... It's not doing too great of a job controlling the Infestation, is it? All it manages is controlling an ancient healer here and there...but the smaller and newer versions it can't do anything about.

I doubt that a sentry would take the risk of building such a thing that could destroy the void...the last bit that is left of the Orokin.

Edited by Shehriazad

If it was truly unpredictable and built out of a viral structure it would win the fight vs the Tenno every single time until no single Tenno was left alive.

Also it still needs to be something the Neural Sentry can actually control... It's not doing too great of a job controlling the Infestation, is it? All it manages is controlling an ancient healer here and there...but the smaller and newer versions it can't do anything about.

I doubt that a sentry would take the risk of building such a thing that could destroy the void...the last bit that is left of the Orokin.

Or maybe it feels the smaller and newer versions are not worth controlling (after all, they do die off quite easily). Who knows?

And besides, it could find a way to create a mutual benefit (or parasitic benefit) with the Infestation. 

Or maybe it feels the smaller and newer versions are not worth controlling (after all, they do die off quite easily). Who knows?

And besides, it could find a way to create a mutual benefit (or parasitic benefit) with the Infestation. 

Now you're just too deep in fanfic land. Step back a bit :p

The neural sentry clearly fails to control the virus...otherwise the Derelicts would not exist.

Also it would be more likely instead of a full blown robot that they Sentry could create a form made up almost entirely of energy...Seeing how Vor is now pretty much just part of the Neural Sentry while not being fully controlled...and he is also more energy than living being by now. (It's just that he is still able to create a physical form)

That's as far as I would be taking it with an enemy that is not bound to a certain form and can still be controlled by the Sentry (but still not entirely...which could give it some unpredictable moments)

Edited by Shehriazad

Now you're just too deep in fanfic land. Step back a bit :p

The neural sentry clearly fails to control the virus...otherwise the Derelicts would not exist.

Also it would be more likely instead of a full blown robot that they Sentry could create a form made up almost entirely of energy...Seeing how Vor is now pretty much just part of the Neural Sentry while not being fully controlled...and he is also more energy than living being by now.

That's as far as I would be taking it with an enemy that is not bound to a certain form and can still be controlled by the Sentry (but still not entirely...which could give it some unpredictable moments)

I thought the Derelicts were just Orokin ships, not Void Towers, which is where most of the Neural Sentry resides. 

Or the Neural Sentry can be just a mass of energy in a Faraday cage which we accidentally released when we opened the chamber door, and have to force it back in.