Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Stagnant Because De Listen To To Many Complainers?

OrphanMaker

I have been playing warframe for about a year now. I have seen it go through many changes some good but most bad.

Just recently I started reading these forums and after reading a lot of topics and posts I learned the truth of why this game has had a lot of its best features removed and why it has become so stagnant. The reason is "their are to many complainers on the forums." These people, that constantly complain about the game, does not represent the entire gaming community. These people complain about every unique innovative to this game. Then the DE remove or nerf this content. This is ruining the game.

Example: In the beginning of update 14, this game went through a drastic difficulty over haul. Bosses became harder and enemies scaled much better. As soon as this was implemented, the forum saw a flood of "nerf this, nerf that, change that, and I hate that" complaints. The DE, like always, took these complaints into consideration and nerfed all the enemy buffing.

When I first played update 14, the difficulty scaling made me happy. I played some mercury missions and noticed the difficulty scaled properly. Then I played Lephantis I was overjoyed that Lephantis had become a boss in its own right. It was not a 1 minute run anymore.

My first time playing Lephantis, after update 14, was challenging. It made me happy. I said to myself "this is how it suppose to be." Lephantis was now challenging, it wiped out my entire squad.   ( lol One noob had a Cernos! XD And anyways, you do not suppose to be able to beat a boss on every run.. Especially not the first time. No game is like that! )

I thought for once the DE had finally made a game instead of a rush and slaughter-everything fashion show.

What I am trying to say hear is the DE needs to consider "there is as many players that like the changes as their are that dislike the changes." You can not satisfy everyone, so DE make the game you want to make!

If DE would just make the game they truly want to make and stop changing it, because a few people did not like it, this game would be a whole lot better. You can not go left and right at the same time. Choose a direction, your direction, and stick to it! Stop listening to these forums because it represents a minority of the players and not the entire community. Yeah, some stuff in the forum is right, like the mods and foundry UI is much to big, but a lot of the complaints are personal and do not represent the entire community. It only represents the minority of player that is unhappy with something.

ps The only time people post in the forums is when people want to complain. Players do not post what they are happy with, so the complaints that are in the forums only represent a small minority of the players playing this game.

Just a personal observation: Lephantis needs a buff, because we can use molecular prime on it and kill it like it is nothing. Maybe all bosses should be unaffected by warframe abilities! WE SLAUGTHER LEPHANTIS!

Edited by OrphanMaker

The 'buffs' to bosses only turned them into further bullet sponges. When people ask for difficulty, we do not mean bullet sponges. We mean things that require strategy. Bullet sponges are artificial difficulty, and are not the fun kind of difficulty at that.

The reason why infested were buff'ed in the first place was because people complained they were too easy...

2ndly, better to cater towards the masses for most game modes to boost revenue which will in turn provide more development. Then, provide end game play with different set of rules and/or situations that isn't faceroll mechanics and actual strategy maters.

I've been playing for a year now and it's hard for me to pinpoint areas of the game that have regressed to a worse experience.

Edited by Quizel

lephantis was challenging for you, but downright impossible or a bullet sponge for everyone else.

Bosses should scale depending on who is in the team, if we make everything hard then the new players are screwed. As many said it, the boss wasn't hard, just anoying and ammo consuming.

Sure i like a challenge, but i'm not going to impose it on everyone.

I could kill lephantis fairly well, but what about the average player?

Following the idea, we should also buff jackal so that only endgame players can kill it after 3 minutes.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

OP what do you think of this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/262318-slash-and-toxic-are-bad-mechanics/#entry3050422

Do you think that is an unfair complaint that should not be considered.  Sure, DE should not listen to every one that basically whines for a free pass, but that doesn't mean well thought out and defended opinions should just be outright ignored.

You're right man,People just complain. Sometimes people complain that's the game is too easy,Then DE made the tougher,But people complain that's its hard So De nerfed them.

Make up your Mind people

DE needs to make up their mind, and make the game they want to make! If they keep changing up stuff no one will be happy. Thats just it everyone is not going to be happy anyways so just make the game you want to make DE!

Edited by OrphanMaker

Most of the changes to Warframe in the last year have been BAD? What are you smoking boy?

Somethings have gotten worse because of complainers like some warframes, some weapons, some visual effects, some tilesets, some sound effects, and etc. Their was some weapons like the old Latron that sounded heavenly but was changed because some people complained it was to loud. Oh it hurt my ears! I cant hear. "Then turn the sound effects down!"

Edited by OrphanMaker

Actually, While you're not entirely wrong, your facts are a bit wonky.

I see both sides complaining and demanding both nerfs and buffs equally.

I see just as much of a problem with people QQing as I do with players that seem to think 99% of content and charges are bad.

Because they're no different to players that actively QQ.

DE doesn't go with the players demands as much as you seem to believe and any well thought out arguments for a change posted by someone are worthy of consideration when it is more then just "waaagghhhhh geam to hard" or any other reason under the sun.

I'm an advocate for nerfs and buffs depending on the situation and where its appropriate.

DE will never be able to please everyone regardless, you included.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

The reason why infested were buff'ed in the first place was because people complained they were too easy...

2ndly, better to cater towards the masses for most game modes to boost revenue which will in turn provide more development. Then, provide end game play with different set of rules and/or situations that isn't faceroll mechanics and actual strategy maters.

I've been playing for a year now and it's hard for me to pinpoint areas of the game that have regressed to a worse experience.

Because the general consensus by the vocal part of the player base was that they were to easy.

I'm inclined to agree, they still are in need of some love.

The point remains that there is nothing wrong with changes and players giving feedback.

The devs more then likely don't lessing to nonconstructive complaints in the first place.

The game wont grow effectively without feedback. The difference is whether or not it is constructive or just whining.

But people forget this. I agree with you, I'm yet to see anything that could be said to be stagnate or bad.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Somethings have gotten worse because of complainers like some warframes, some weapons, some visual effects, some tilesets, some sound effects, and etc. Their was some weapons like the old Latron that sounded heavenly but was changed because some people complained it was to loud. Oh it hurt my ears! I cant hear. "Then turn the sound effects down!"

That's all pleasantly vague enough to mean no-one can disagree with you. Some specific examples (and there must be a LOT considering you found "most" changes BAD) would be nice.

Which warframes? Which weapons? Which visual effects? Which tilesets?

Also, just a hint: turning the sound effects down means everything gets quieter, not just the overly-loud Latron.

Edited by NightBeats

Because the general consensus by the vocal part of the player base was that they were to easy.

I'm inclined to agree, they still are in need of some love.

The point remains that there is nothing wrong with changes and players giving feedback.

The devs more then likely don't lessing to nonconstructive complaints in the first place.

The game wont grow effectively without feedback. The difference is whether or not it is constructive or just whining.

But people forget this. I agree with you, I'm yet to see anything that could be said to be stagnate or bad.

Parkour system and level design is stagnant. Its stagnant because people complain they do not want more parkour elements added to the map designs. These people will say they do not want to have to do flips and wall runs. This is a ninja game, flips and wall runs is a not only a requirement its the basis of what being a ninja is. Stuff like this holds game back. Its like having people play Mario and complaining the game have to many holes you have to jump over. "I just want to walk to the goal, I don't want to have to jump over turtles and stuff."

Edited by OrphanMaker

Christ, they can't win either way. If DE weren't listening to the community and NOT making changes based on popular opinion in the playerbase, people would complain they were too obstinate and don't care about what the players think.

I'm of the opinion that they are, overall, doing a great job with this game. Your post implies they listen to every "OMG this stoopid DE plz nerf" post on the forums... this is really not the case.

I know update 14 was big and show the game is not stagnant but if you read the topics in the forum you will easily find hate complaints about update 14. This is what I am talking about. The DE make something new innovative, but the complainers just complain about everything and stuff gets removed. Stuff getting removed = stagnation because nothing changes.

Edited by OrphanMaker

Parkour system and level design is stagnant. Its stagnant because people complain they do not want more parkour elements added to the map designs. These people will say they do not want to have to do flips and wall runs. This is a ninja game, flips and wall runs is a not only a requirement its the basis of what being a ninja is. Stuff like this holds game back. Its like having people play Mario and complaining the game have to many holes you have to jump over. "I just want to walk to the goal, I don't want to have to jump over turtles and stuff."

Are you kidding? Requests for better mobility and parkour systems are incredibly common and frequent. There's huge discussion and reviews on level design in their subforum. People want more complexity, and DE has started to provide that in tilesets, but as they said in the recent Devstream it's a balancing act between that and making the tiles accessible.

Mobility has always been a hot topic that people vocally want improved.

I think you're the one paying too much attention to the complainers, not DE.

Edited by Varzy

The 'buffs' to bosses only turned them into further bullet sponges. When people ask for difficulty, we do not mean bullet sponges. We mean things that require strategy. Bullet sponges are artificial difficulty, and are not the fun kind of difficulty at that.

Yeah you are right. The boss battles should require more strategy.

Devstream it's a balancing act.

But that's the problem! This will not and can not make everybody happy. They need to just make the game they intended to make from the beginning. Trying to balance everything is going to make where no one is happy not even the DE.

But that's the problem! This will not and can not make everybody happy. They need to just make the game they intended to make from the beginning. Trying to balance everything is going to make where no one is happy not even the DE.

You do realise that developers are humans and that they can make bad decisions, right?

While true, it is alright for them to make the game as they intended to make from the beginning, but a balance of that and constructive feedback will the game truly flourish. 

That's not the balancing act DE were referring to in the Devstream.

Specifically, they discussed the idea of making some tiles demand parkour to be traversed. They have tested the idea and found it to create a lot of problems for game flow.

Hence, the balancing act is between making a tile traversable and incorporating parkour sections to enhance gameplay. What they're seeking to do is create paths through tiles and levels that reward exploration and parkour by giving you shortcuts and loot.

Warframe is a labor of love on their part and they're absolutely making the game they want to make. Things like the mod system that some people complain about is evidence of this, as DE believe their system has the potential to add much more flexibility to the game than a strict skill tree as seen in other games. Give them a little more credit, man. :/

I'm sorry but there is more to challenge than just adding HP, a block of granite takes more hits to bring down than a master fencer, but isn't a greater challenge to a swordsman. 

What is the point of beta if not to get feedback and change things?