Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Stagnant Because De Listen To To Many Complainers?

OrphanMaker

Just my two cents.. Legitimate complaints have value to DE. Those who provide constructive criticism in their feedback are contributing to the game, not ruining it. The people at DE are capable of discerning what information they can utilize.

Edited by xRastaban

No, it is not because of the players, it is because of DE.

We tell them that said weapon or this thing is too OP or too weak and we try to present ways to make it balanced where it doesn't go into either of territories it wasn't in.

Do you know what happens? DE goes overboard. They will either usually nerf the weapon into the ground or buff it into the heavens where the top-tier weapons feast. This can go to frames and more. The truth, is that while they do listen, they do no understand how to go about it properly. Sometimes, I don't know what they are doing when they balance. 

The Gram, many people said it needed a buff so that it can contend with it's brother, the Galatine. Well, after Melee 2.0, the Galatine received the boot from Top-Tier and the Gram got nerfed to where it is slower then the galatine. The damage was bad but the nerf to speed was just a slap to the face to those who love the Gram.

The thing is, DE knows how to make things look cool, but they don't know how to balance things.

The thing is, DE knows how to make things look cool, but they don't know how to balance things.

And you do? They're a game studio with almost 20 games under their belt, quite a few of those multiplayer. This game just isn't finished yet. 

And you do? They're a game studio with almost 20 games under their belt, quite a few of those multiplayer. This game just isn't finished yet. 

The excuse that, "Well can you do better?", is not an excuse for things being bad. Yes, I know I can't do better but people that went to college to learn this should. It's sad, because it shows that if they tried to balance things on their own, it would not be a pretty sight. They need help from the community, and that is that is true with some developers..but they shouldn't constantly need to change something because they did not think it through and see how it works.

Plus, I'm talking the part of DE that works on Warframe, not the other parts of Studio. You do realize they split up parts of the studio to work on different games, right? Not everyone is working on 20 games at a time, or else the progress on said games would be slow.

The excuse that, "Well can you do better?", is not an excuse for things being bad. Yes, I know I can't do better but people that went to college to learn this should. It's sad, because it shows that if they tried to balance things on their own, it would not be a pretty sight. They need help from the community, and that is that is true with some developers..but they shouldn't constantly need to change something because they did not think it through and see how it works.

Plus, I'm talking the part of DE that works on Warframe, not the other parts of Studio. You do realize they split up parts of the studio to work on different games, right? Not everyone is working on 20 games at a time, or else the progress on said games would be slow.

Actually, they're only working on warframe right now. They're a pretty small studio. Additionally, in case you haven't noticed this game is a beta release which means you get to test broken and unbalanced stuff. A large studio would hire testers, DE has decided to release it for testing while still in beta. 

In my opinion DE ran out of focus on unnecessary changes since they did Damage 2.0. Their ideas are more grind and less fun and even worse nerf damage? because doing over 10 thousand is not fun and if you did forma something and spent time on it "suck it up". The last event we have was a basic grind fest and they are happy to add more grind fest as long as 1 person posted positive responses to their event. Update 9 was the best update (remember classic survival veterans of Warframe? where spawn rate was 500% more than what it is now?) they have in my opinion everything after was disaster. I have yet to see DE buff anything since the bows critical reworks that are viable. Next update will be more nerfs, I can already see this coming.

Edited by fuzzyramen

Nerfing bosses?  That is what you think is stagnant because DE listens to their forums?  That seems laughable to me.  But I want to be respectful.

In my experience DE seems to disregard its players' opinions.  I have been feeling a lot of seemingly obvious issues that DE just doesn't seem to fix.  In fact, I post on this forum so unoften because I feel like it's nearly worthless--  I've only started again recently because I think the sheer number of Kubrow threads means DE can't ignore those problems.

A change to a boss' damage and health doesn't really add or remove much challenge to it anyways...  I mean, look at what bosses exist that don't have invulnerability phases.  No matter what they die like a *@##$ quickly because Warframe is a game where putting out lots of damage is the easiest part.  Bosses need actual phases and mechanics to be challenging, or at least be like Corrupted Vor who, while he dies very fast, is extremely mobile and can be hard to hit while dealing a decent amount of damage.  His mobility is what makes him at least vaguely interesting to fight.  Compared to like, Phorid, which is "bring your biggest guns and then shoot it a couple times".