Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

True Stealth Bonuses

VoidianAgent

Can we get a 10x multiplier reward/resources/everything for doing a perfect stealth run? Hell it might even need to be higher than that.

Stealth is cool and all but not many have the patience for it, in fact, nearly nobody does, to make things worse the rewards are clearly not worth the extra bother or the extra time taken to complete a simple mission so nobody does it, it's just a terrible, horrible way to gain anything in this game, which is odd because the theme's space ninjas.

Could a suggestion like this be taken seriously or would it just get discarded at first sight?

PS: If stealth becomes actually worth the trouble the factions will have to develop ways of dealing with stealth frames, can't just take Loki and rush through everything for 10x the reward

Edited by VoidianAgent

A good idea. Rewards to encourage stealth play would be a great help towards making it a viable way to play.

Alternatively, you could go the route of Payday 2, which rewards a successful stealth mission with a percentage XP boost on your next mission. This bonus scales, with easier ones giving a 10% bonus, and the hardest ones giving 50%.

That would be interesting. Right now, there is no incentive to play stealthily, other than when soloing with a low-level warframe.

This would add to the game.

Suggestion: It could be tiered.

No enemy ever alerted = highest reward

Single enemies alerted, but they didn't get to trigger the shipwide alert = lesser reward

"PS: If stealth becomes actually worth the trouble the factions will have to develop ways of dealing with stealth frames, can't just take Loki and rush through everything for 10x the reward"

Yea, you want "stealth" and you want to ... nerf .. the stealth frames ... watnow?

and if the stealth frames have increased difficulty, you expect other frames to fair better?

And yes, there is a MASSIVE reason NOT to add this, and it's called Min-Max Farming.

Loki with a silent gun - hell, might as well hush a Penta - a Shade Sentinel, max duration mods, spare energy restores ... did I miss anything? Also use Ash. Hell, use Banshee as she can finally abuse Silence. Or just get Nova and Worm Hole past everything.

Also, we can quit failed runs instantly and run them again, and everyone will just run Extermination missions. And some missions are impossible to Stealth, or at least "technically" impossible, unless you think you REALLY stealth kill bosses for example, or that a Reactor failure is a common occurrence, and no one sets off any alarms.

A good idea. Rewards to encourage stealth play would be a great help towards making it a viable way to play.

Alternatively, you could go the route of Payday 2, which rewards a successful stealth mission with a percentage XP boost on your next mission. This bonus scales, with easier ones giving a 10% bonus, and the hardest ones giving 50%.

Payday 2 also stops you running the same easy mission over and over by imposing crippling negatives. Should we implement that too in Warframe?

First, stealth actually needs to be in the game. Stealth is not stab this guy in the back first and avoid the Corpus MOA because I can't kill it silently(unless you got silent stuff). Sometimes I like doing stealth runs with my Rhino Prime. I do good until you see 4 Grineer stuck...