Jump to content

Please Make All Prime Weapons Equal.


Recommended Posts

Prime weapons, despite the fact that they're all more or less equaly difficult to obtain and most of them require a wopping ten cells, are hugely unbalanced amongst themselves. 

 

 

Bo and orthos are vastly superior to ankyros and reaper. (fang and dakra are ok) 

 

Lex is superior to sicarus (and probably bronco, haven't realy tried bronco)

 

 

Boltor is vastly superior to every other prime weapon currently available (Very ammo efficient, Highest and incredible DPS, large clip, good range, punch through and ragdoll damage) and has completely overshadowed every other prime primary. If you play t4 or t3 and someone has a prime primary, there's like an 80% chance that it's a boltor, a 15% chance that it's a paris and a 5% chance that it's latron,boar or braton . It's not like the Boltor prime parts are rarer than other parts either. I've got plenty more boltor parts than braton parts and one's clearly better than the other. 

 

(just to put it out there: I've put a potato and multiple forma on my boltor) 

 

I think It'd just be nice to have all these 'end game' weapons that are so difficult to craft actually all equally worthy of 'the end game'. and not have one or two make the rest obsolete. They don't need to be equal across all factions, but it'd be nice if they were just as good as eachother. (corrupted are a good base, since they've got some grineer, corpus and infested units) 

 

And Maybe it'd be great for 'trickling down' in that if DE were to perfectly balance the Prime weapons, they'd be better with balancing the lesser weapons. 

 

edit:

Why would i suggest this? What would be the point? Maybe I just like the mechanics of the weak boar prime, or maybe I wish that the heavy weapon mechanics of the scythe were better.  Or that I'd ever find ankyros worthy of use. Maybe I'm just getting tired of using the boltor, but feel the need to use it because of it's stats. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower
Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm you apparently never played an MMO or any game ever, what would be the point of all weapons being equal?

 

It isn't "all weapons" it's Prime weapons and if you've played an MMO you'd notice that there's actualy balance between different endgame weapons and classes of similar levels

Link to post
Share on other sites

Equal in what way?

 

Equally bad-&#!, check.

 

But um, kinda hard to make the weapons equal across all factions with the variety of damage sources.

 

Even if you could.... I mean, should we make the burst dps or sustain dps equal. You'll raise one hell of a S#&$-storm doing one or the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boltor is vastly superior to every other prime weapon currently available

I'm not going to put too much thought into this, but latron prime for one if you do nothing but head shots does beat boltar prime I believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Prime weapons will always be difficult to change but I could run up with a Bo Prime or Orthos Prime and just hack you down if you try the boltor prime. Speed is key.

Edited by Spector3
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing wrong with the current prime weapons. I would like to see a buff to some of the less powerful weapons i.e. Reaper Prime, Sicarus Prime and Boar Prime however they are all still good weapons that do not need changing one bit. It's like my good friend Zakharon just said, what would be the point of all weapons being equal? I mean sure some parts are harder to get than others and it shows seeing as those weapons are actually a lot more difficult to get than others (Less so with the new T4 keys) An example being the Bo Prime Handle or the Paris Prime Upper Limb. lots of people struggle like hell to find one in comparison to other parts for the less powerful weapons like the Sicarus Prime or the Reaper Prime and this also shows in the price in trading for those parts. Long story short stop complaining about something that isn't broken and instead focus on whining about DE releasing a weapon that has good stats AND looks good.

 

TL;DR:

Prime weapons are fine as they are, they are not all equally difficult to get  and it would be pointless making them equal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't take you seriously if you think lex prime is better than the sicarus, or that Boltor prime is more ammo efficient than the latron prime and does more dps than the burston prime.

 

Also, good luck hitting any moving target farther than 30 meters with the boltor prime.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603
Link to post
Share on other sites

The DPS is lower if you don't headshot every time.

Okay, now you made me make 1/2 a complete thought. Latron Prime has far superior ammo effeciency.

 

 

Sometimes I do wish some of my weapons were just as viable as the rest.  Hell, lato is one of my favorite pistols to use dps aside. However, I just don't think it's good game design to make everything equal-if such a thing were possible.

Edited by Quizel
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, now you made me make 1/2 a complete thought. Latron Prime has far superior ammo effeciency.

 

 

Sometimes I do wish some of my weapons were just as viable as the rest.  Hell, lato is one of my favorite pistols to use dps aside. However, I just don't think it's good game design to make everything equal-if such a thing were possible.

Exactly, what is the point of making all weapons pretty much equal, it means that everyone can use whatever the hell they wish and that just gets boring and quite frankly if everything was late game viable then there would be no difficulty curve whatsoever.

 

And ofc the Latron Prime is way more ammo efficient than the Boltor Prime, as the the dread, in fact all of the prime weapons other than the Boar Prime are way way more ammo efficient.

Edited by DruakanJenkins
Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it more boring to find everyone using a tiny selection of weapons, rather than a large range? 

 

 

 

 

(also, as for the boltor: Latron is more efficient, paris is more efficient, burston probably not, boar no, braton no. )

Edited by Innocent_Flower
Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it more boring to find everyone using a tiny selection of weapons, rather than a large range? 

 

 

 

 

(also, as for the boltor: Latron is more efficient, paris is more efficient, burston probably not, boar no, braton no. 

Why? You don't have to use them why should someone else using a different weapon make the game boring for you? Sure it gets old seeing the same weapons time and time again but it doesn't mean the game has to be less fun just because someone else is using a weapon that lots of people use, at the end of the day the fun is in using the weapon so just use something you find fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal opinion is that Boltor Prime is very unbalanced. Compared to all primary weapons, it pretty much overshadows every one. However, before you advise nerfing the Boltor Prime, at least wait for the Soma Prime to come out. I suppose though that the Boltor Prime does deserve a 5-10 damage nerf IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why? You don't have to use them why should someone else using a different weapon make the game boring for you? Sure it gets old seeing the same weapons time and time again but it doesn't mean the game has to be less fun just because someone else is using a weapon that lots of people use, at the end of the day the fun is in using the weapon so just use something you find fun.

What if you realy love shotguns. So you grab yourself a boar.  Or maybe a strun prime further down the updates. 

 

Will you be able to compete in kills with a team using boltors? No. You'd struggle far more with the ever increasing health, shield and armour pools.  and if you had a tigris prime, you'd still struggle because although you do more damage per shot, the boltor does more DPS even in close quatres and is more competent at taking out both heavy and light opponents. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a pretty blatant level of inconsistency amongst the prime weapons. While I'm not going to go into minute detail over everything, the Boltor has a 120% base damage difference between it and its non-prime counterpart. The Sicarus Prime has a 10% or less difference in base damage between it and its counterpart. The power differences are all over the place without rhyme or reason.

 

It's silly and a majority of players are completely OK with difficulty (and tiers) being thrown out the window by a weapon that can be acquired by Mastery Rank 2 (if they trade for the parts or have buddies that will help them get the parts).

 

Prime, Wraith, and Vandal weapons should be on their own tier level. The weapon tiering in this game is non-existent and Scott has allowed it to persist for wayyyy too long.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly, what is the point of making all weapons pretty much equal, it means that everyone can use whatever the hell they wish and that just gets boring and quite frankly if everything was late game viable then there would be no difficulty curve whatsoever.

 

And ofc the Latron Prime is way more ammo efficient than the Boltor Prime, as the the dread, in fact all of the prime weapons other than the Boar Prime are way way more ammo efficient.

Wait, so it's boring if people can use whatever (Prime) weapon they want, instead of everyone using Boltor/Paris Prime?

 

What's wrong with buffing the other Prime weapons so that they're all as viable as one another? Prime weapons are all fairly difficult to get. Some might be more difficult than others, but changes in Void drop tables happen very often so that rarity isn't set in stone. Their rarity really depends on which one is the most recent one, more than anything else.

 

If someone likes closer range weapons, let them use Boltor and Boar Prime. Long range, precision, let them go for Paris and Latron and Lex. All-around reliable weapons like Braton and Burston should be just as good options if you like those qualities, and the same goes for the melee weapons.

 

Prime weapons are all on the same 'Tier', and one should be just as valuable as the next.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Prime weapons, despite the fact that they're all more or less equaly difficult to obtain and most of them require a wopping ten cells, are hugely unbalanced amongst themselves. 

 

 

Bo and orthos are vastly superior to ankyros and reaper. (fang and dakra are ok) 

 

Lex is superior to sicarus (and probably bronco, haven't realy tried bronco)

 

 

Boltor is vastly superior to every other prime weapon currently available (Very ammo efficient, Highest and incredible DPS, large clip, good range, punch through and ragdoll damage) and has completely overshadowed every other prime primary. If you play t4 or t3 and someone has a prime primary, there's like an 80% chance that it's a boltor, a 15% chance that it's a paris and a 5% chance that it's latron,boar or braton. It's not like the Boltor prime parts are rarer than other parts either. I've got plenty more boltor parts than braton parts and one's clearly better than the other. 

 

(just to put it out there: I've put a potato and multiple forma on my boltor) 

 

I think It'd just be nice to have all these 'end game' weapons that are so difficult to craft actually all equally worthy of 'the end game'. and not have one or two make the rest obsolete. They don't need to be equal across all factions, but it'd be nice if they were just as good as eachother. (corrupted are a good base, since they've got some grineer, corpus and infested units) 

 

And Maybe it'd be great for 'trickling down' in that if DE were to perfectly balance the Prime weapons, they'd be better with balancing the lesser weapons. 

 

edit:

Why would i suggest this? What would be the point? Maybe I just like the mechanics of the weak boar prime, or maybe I wish that the heavy weapon mechanics of the scythe were better.  Or that I'd ever find ankyros worthy of use. Maybe I'm just getting tired of using the boltor, but feel the need to use it because of it's stats. 

Agreed - if it costs more, it should do more to justify its cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm you apparently never played an MMO or any game ever, what would be the point of all weapons being equal?

So you get to choose between them without forcibly handicapping yourself. The answer is so painfully obvious that I'm curious as to why you would even ask this question.

Tell me, what would be the point of having one weapon outshine all the others in every way?

Edited by SortaRandom
Link to post
Share on other sites

What if you realy love shotguns. So you grab yourself a boar.  Or maybe a strun prime further down the updates. 

 

Will you be able to compete in kills with a team using boltors? No. You'd struggle far more with the ever increasing health, shield and armour pools.  and if you had a tigris prime, you'd still struggle because although you do more damage per shot, the boltor does more DPS even in close quatres and is more competent at taking out both heavy and light opponents.

So you are saying it is less fun because others can out DPS you with a boltor? But as I said the fun is in playing the game, I mean there are other good weapons for later game such as the Amprex, Dread, Latron Prime, etc, etc. All I am saying is that the game should be not be boring because someone else is using a gun that can deal more damage than you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So you are saying it is less fun because others can out DPS you with a boltor? But as I said the fun is in playing the game, I mean there are other good weapons for later game such as the Amprex, Dread, Latron Prime, etc, etc. All I am saying is that the game should be not be boring because someone else is using a gun that can deal more damage than you.

You're missing something though. It's not about 'dps' it's about your effectiveness against the enemy. If you can't kill your enemy, or if your teamates are so good at killing the enemy that you can't, you're probably not having as much fun as you could have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, so it's boring if people can use whatever (Prime) weapon they want, instead of everyone using Boltor/Paris Prime?

 

What's wrong with buffing the other Prime weapons so that they're all as viable as one another? Prime weapons are all fairly difficult to get. Some might be more difficult than others, but changes in Void drop tables happen very often so that rarity isn't set in stone. Their rarity really depends on which one is the most recent one, more than anything else.

 

If someone likes closer range weapons, let them use Boltor and Boar Prime. Long range, precision, let them go for Paris and Latron and Lex. All-around reliable weapons like Braton and Burston should be just as good options if you like those qualities, and the same goes for the melee weapons.

 

Prime weapons are all on the same 'Tier', and one should be just as valuable as the next.

I am saying it would be boring because there are certain primes that are a hell of a lot easier to get than others. If they were all equal then you could get yourself a Sicarus Prime and be dealing DPS the same as a Boltor Prime, I agree they need to be balanced as this guy says regarding both the Primes and also the Vandal and Wraith weapons:

There's a pretty blatant level of inconsistency amongst the prime weapons. While I'm not going to go into minute detail over everything, the Boltor has a 120% base damage difference between it and its non-prime counterpart. The Sicarus Prime has a 10% or less difference in base damage between it and its counterpart. The power differences are all over the place without rhyme or reason.

 

It's silly and a majority of players are completely OK with difficulty (and tiers) being thrown out the window by a weapon that can be acquired by Mastery Rank 2 (if they trade for the parts or have buddies that will help them get the parts).

 

Prime, Wraith, and Vandal weapons should be on their own tier level. The weapon tiering in this game is non-existent and Scott has allowed it to persist for wayyyy too long.

 

All that I am saying is that the way Innocent_Flower has put it makes it seem to me as if he wants all prime weapons of each category to be dealing the same or similar damage/dps, this to me sounds like a bad idea because any new player can easily get a Sicarus Prime and deal the same DPS as the Lex Prime even though the Lex Prime is a lot more difficult to get.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You're missing something though. It's not about 'dps' it's about your effectiveness against the enemy. If you can't kill your enemy, or if your teamates are so good at killing the enemy that you can't, you're probably not having as much fun as you could have. 

I suppose this is true however refer to this post for my reasoning as to why I have said this:

 

I am saying it would be boring because there are certain primes that are a hell of a lot easier to get than others. If they were all equal then you could get yourself a Sicarus Prime and be dealing DPS the same as a Boltor Prime, I agree they need to be balanced as this guy says regarding both the Primes and also the Vandal and Wraith weapons:

 

All that I am saying is that the way Innocent_Flower has put it makes it seem to me as if he wants all prime weapons of each category to be dealing the same or similar damage/dps, this to me sounds like a bad idea because any new player can easily get a Sicarus Prime and deal the same DPS as the Lex Prime even though the Lex Prime is a lot more difficult to get.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So you get to choose between them without forcibly handicapping yourself. The answer is so painfully obvious that I'm curious as to why you would even ask this question.

Tell me, what would be the point of having one weapon outshine all the others in every way?

A weapon to set your goals to getting idk a sense of accomplishment, ever hear of it?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...