Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make All Prime Weapons Equal.

Innocent_Flower

I am saying it would be boring because there are certain primes that are a hell of a lot easier to get than others. If they were all equal then you could get yourself a Sicarus Prime and be dealing DPS the same as a Boltor Prime, I agree they need to be balanced as this guy says regarding both the Primes and also the Vandal and Wraith weapons:

All that I am saying is that the way Innocent_Flower has put it makes it seem to me as if he wants all prime weapons of each category to be dealing the same or similar damage/dps, this to me sounds like a bad idea because any new player can easily get a Sicarus Prime and deal the same DPS as the Lex Prime even though the Lex Prime is a lot more difficult to get.

Ah well, I should clarify that I think Primary Prime weapons should be balanced to be more or less as valid as the next, and Secondary Primes should be balanced in their own category, and Melee prime weapons should be comparable to other Melee prime weapons.

And it doesn't have to be simple DPS. For instance, Paris and Latron excell at long ranges. Boar should (but doesn't) devastate close range targets. Boltor, imo needs it's dps reduced just a little, because things like the physics impact and it's medium range utility alone make it powerful. Braton and Burston I can see being less powerful than the rest but should be solid and reliable even in T4 Survival - perhaps they should get better critical damage, to reward skilled play?

Ah well, I should clarify that I think Primary Prime weapons should be balanced to be more or less as valid as the next, and Secondary Primes should be balanced in their own category, and Melee prime weapons should be comparable to other Melee prime weapons.

And it doesn't have to be simple DPS. For instance, Paris and Latron excell at long ranges. Boar should (but doesn't) devastate close range targets. Boltor, imo needs it's dps reduced just a little, because things like the physics impact and it's medium range utility alone make it powerful. Braton and Burston I can see being less powerful than the rest but should be solid and reliable even in T4 Survival - perhaps they should get better critical damage, to reward skilled play?

See this I totally agree with, 100%

A weapon to set your goals to getting idk a sense of accomplishment, ever hear of it?

These are prime weapons we're talking about, the goal should not inherently be "boltor prime", it should be prime weapons.

Edited by rapt0rman

Dude, why the hell would sicarus be doing the same DPS as boltor prime? Bit of an extreme example, eh? Sicarus is a secondary. I would say... Maybe the boltor should be doing about (not exactly) as much DPS as the burston, which has the advantage of being hitscan, but the disadvantage of being burst fire. 

The boltor prime should do more damage than the braton, but only as much to make up for it's slower rate of fire and non-hitscan firing. Resulting in a weapon that's worse for faster or harder to hit enemies, but better at close range and on easy to hit targets. On the other hand, boltor has the inate punchthrough and ragdol effects, so braton should realy compensate for that somehow. Perhaps boltor would have a slower reload speed? 

Sicarus versus lex? Lex should do more damage than two bullets, but not three. Meaning that lex is realy a mini sniper, whilst sicarus is better if you land all hits. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Dude, why the hell would sicarus be doing the same DPS as boltor prime? Sicarus is a secondary. I would say... Maybe the boltor should be doing about (not exactly) as much DPS as the burston, which has the advantage of being hitscan, but the disadvantage of being burst fire. 

The boltor prime should do more damage than the braton, but only as much to make up for it's slower rate of fire and non-hitscan firing. Resulting in a weapon that's worse for faster or harder to hit enemies, but better at close range and on easy to hit targets. 

Sicarus versus lex? Lex should do more damage than two bullets, but not three. Meaning that lex is realy a mini sniper, whilst sicarus is better if you land all hits. 

I did correct that in a slightly later post.

Dude, why the hell would sicarus be doing the same DPS as boltor prime? Bit of an extreme example, eh? Sicarus is a secondary. I would say... Maybe the boltor should be doing about (not exactly) as much DPS as the burston, which has the advantage of being hitscan, but the disadvantage of being burst fire. 

The boltor prime should do more damage than the braton, but only as much to make up for it's slower rate of fire and non-hitscan firing. Resulting in a weapon that's worse for faster or harder to hit enemies, but better at close range and on easy to hit targets. On the other hand, boltor has the inate punchthrough and ragdol effects, so braton should realy compensate for that somehow. Perhaps boltor would have a slower reload speed? 

Correction. Braton prime has a lower ROF than even the Boltor Prime and it is out paced by rifles in the market.

It should be strong as a Soma at the minimum.

Power scale of weapon is clearly proportional to how badass it is. It's a scientific fact.

Rightly so if you ask me.

Boar prime is using a verticle ammo drum. Very badass. 

Boltor prime is a golden dart gun. 

and by that logic, Machete should be a fantastic weapon. 

A weapon to set your goals to getting idk a sense of accomplishment, ever hear of it?

Why have one such weapon when you can have many?

Also comes with the benefit of you being more likely to actually enjoy the weapon due to more choices being available. Not all of us want to be restricted to the Boltor Prime and Paris Prime, you know.

Edited by SortaRandom

Some prime weapons need a buff.  Other prime weapons need a nerf.

Usually prime weapons receive mild buffs over their vanilla counterparts in all fields.

Usually the damage per-shot boost for a prime upgrade is ~25-30%.  The boltor prime received a 125% damage per shot boost....no wonder it is head and shoulders above its competition.  It almost looks like it should have only had a 25% damage boost and someone made a critical fail when calculating the stats for the boltor prime.

So you get to choose between them without forcibly handicapping yourself. The answer is so painfully obvious that I'm curious as to why you would even ask this question.

Tell me, what would be the point of having one weapon outshine all the others in every way?

The point is to sell Prime Access! 

Edited by GeneralArmchair

Boltor isn't even in prime access now though. 

Anyways, i thought the strategy to sell prime access was to make at least one part of the items silly rare so that grinding is hell? 

Boltor Prime BP was one of the "silly rare" prime components found only in T3MD. Then Tower 4 happened.

Of course, if DE were to make a good weapon in a Prime Access bundle, only to nerf it once it was out of Prime Access, who would buy the next Prime Access bundle? From a marketing standpoint, nerfing the Boltor Prime would be one of the stupidest things you could do, the only thing I can think of that would outshadow that would be the genetic scrambler shenanigan with the Kubrows.

Edited by Arabaxus

Some of the prime do need a buff/nerf that s true, boar prime is painfully weak while boltor prime is overpowered at the moment I feel

That said, "make them all equal" isn t a good way to go. The weapons we use are supposed to be situationnal, take the best weap for the mission you do right now.

There is a need to make ALL the weapons (not just the primes) viable & unique in a way for the missions.

It s a balance thing, there s no easy answer I think, you can only put your trust in DE & hope.

To get to the most urgent situation, while I know I ll get a lot of hate saying that, boltor prime needs either a small nerf or a change in mechanics.

Don t get me wrong I love it as much as everyone else & I love being a god of destruction with it in hands. But it IS way too powerful compared to all other weapons, it simply has no downsides while all other weapons have in one way or the other.

Burston, latron, sicarus, braton and boar need a buff. 

Reaper and ankyros need to become much better. But the same kinda runs true for their entire weapon classes. Scythes are bad. Fists aren't great. 

Boltor needs a nerf. 

Bo needs to be comparable to orthos. Sure the impact damage rather than slash would mean that It's better for corpus and worse for infested/grineer, but it should be done. 

In my opinion the paris held the best translation into a prime weapon. 25% damage increase, 25% crit damage increase, Slightly faster reload and a faster arrow on a better flight path. Obviously, not all weapons can do it like this, but in my opinion you realy shouldn't have more than a 50% damage increase over the normal tenno weapon (and I'd argue that some weapons primed aren't tenno, like the braton) 

If the gun is still too weak with a 50% damage increase (and other niceties like clip size or reload speed) then realy you should just buff the Tenno version too. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

rYyAtyz.png

Boltar Prime (Weapon 1) vs Latron Prime (Weapon 2)

Does Latron Prime need a nerf too?

Burston, latron, sicarus, braton and boar need a buff. 

Can't tell if you're arguing for the prime versions, normal versions, or both.