Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Late Saturday/sunday Login Issues

Of particular note, I find this suspicious because PSO2 got DDOS'd about a month or so back.  Maybe someone wishes to cause chaos?

Well, doubtful, to be honest, just me having a bit of a fun theory.  Maybe it has something to do with Comic-con or something, all we have is speculation, sadly.

Gotta look into if PW wanted PSO2 aswell..would be a funny connection in a way, dont you think?

I'm still clueless as to the motivation of these hackers, no legitimate competitor would take the risk of getting caught just to disrupt warframe a few hours.  I can't see a disgruntled player going to all this trouble either, especially because it hurts us (the players) much worse than it actually hurts DE. 

so, is it just a troll who gets his/her jollies out of causing mayhem? 

Of particular note, I find this suspicious because PSO2 got DDOS'd about a month or so back.  Maybe someone wishes to cause chaos?

Well, doubtful, to be honest, just me having a bit of a fun theory.  Maybe it has something to do with Comic-con or something, all we have is speculation, sadly.

Maybe it's another group Like Lulzsec. I think it was about a year ago when they started hacking paypal (I may or may not be correct on that statement) and sony. 

Now I'm wondering why anyone would have a reason to want Warframe down.... there's almost no benefit to it on the attacker's end.

Who would want to do this? It makes no sense...

Well, if I had to make a bet, I'd say whomever is behind it is someone who was not happy with U14's player-unfriendly systems, and is attempting to 'punish' DE for them.

Just an educated guess though.

Any clue as to when this issue will be resolved? I mean are we talking within the hour? Several hours? Days? =/

I don't wanna seem ungrateful towards the people fixing this problem on their weekend, but trying to log in throughout the day and seeing the same msg every time is getting a little tedious so 'some' idea of timescale would be nice...please.

Edited by Snapsix

why dont you just take down the servers for an houre or two. (mybe they´ll stop)

thats the thing with a DDoS, even if you were to take down the servers, the botnet behind it will keep sending requests to that address, you could change the address, but then everyone may have to change their .exe`s and then the botnet could simply pick that up too and start all over. it never really ends till you get to whose behind it to shut it down from the core, cutting the head off so to speak, is the only way to stop it. Like zombies! :D

Well, if I had to make a bet, I'd say whomever is behind it is someone who was not happy with U14's player-unfriendly systems, and is attempting to 'punish' DE for them.

Just an educated guess though.

And yet everything was made 'more' player friendly.

U14 was a GREAT update, except for the bugs.

Edited by Hexagoros

So...what's their gain for attacking us like this? Just bored? Hate Warframe? Jealous of Warframe? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed? 

They can ask for money to stop the DDoS. This is what happen to Feedly a month ago.

Hi. Since the Threads about worries with DDOS are disapearing  without any sign we are having to worry now?

Are it realy hackers and did they got access to the forum mod  base now?

Are this Mods?

No reply ever . only disapering threads instead of official words that we do not having to worrie.

So even more suspecious things.

Edited by Atreidus

You guys do not understand DDOS attacks. The attackers do not specifically target "warframe", they do not even know what servers are used in these attacks. Read up on it.the servers that are hit are selected by a script that searches for them, not by some person who couldnt find a kubrow egg and got mad...

If you consider the possibly hundreds of threads starting cause of something that was clearly posted by DE...DUH they are being merged and/or deleted, there is no need to create new threads over this issue!

If this is game related *cough*Sector Butthurt*cough* I hope they get the banhammer. If not, I hope they're able to trace the origin of the DDoS (yes, I know that it's caused by a botnet, but it has to start somewhere), and press charges if their service provider can track it down. 

Edited by UpgradeInProgress