Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Late Saturday/sunday Login Issues

Don't know about you guys but I have a feeling that it's the Corpus Supporting hackers doing this. During the Gradivus Event, the Corpus was losing badly by the Grineer, so some hackers and modders who supported the Corpus decided to hack into the servers and flip the scores around for the Corpus. However this action ultimately backfired on the hackers and the dev team decided to give, I think some kind of bonus to the Grineer Supporters, and the rest of the Corpus Supporters were given a bad name. I supported the Corpus at first during the event but as much as I hate losing, I do not approve of cheating the scores through boosting in a match or hacking the servers. Boosting, hacking, or modding in the game for the benefit of the perpetrator's team is outright cheap and unfair.

What would Lulzsec gain from DDOSing Warframe? 

That's the thing. They never gained anything but publicity and notoriety when they hacked PayPal and Sony (again still not sure if those are correct). Their only response was that they did it for the lol's. Who knows, maybe someone did the DDoS just for that same reason. But then again It could very well be someone or a group of people who weren't happy with the update and attacked the servers just for petty revenge. 

I'm using this time to build an unstoppable Angry Chicken deck in Hearthstone.

Most of us have something else fun to do while DE grinds away fixing what some bored, irresponsible fartbox pointlessly broke. Sorry, guys.

Hang in there!

still, my complaint has nothing to do with the DDOS attacks, i in general think it would be more fair to the player if you get the loot up that point in case of a disconnection or when the host leaves. it gives troller way too much power.

Last week for instance, we made it to the final part of a mission and the host said: "goodbye". And we all disconnected...

is it worth considering some form of saving loot, exp and mods? because i love the game but this is seriously ruining the fun and i am considering to just quit.

So no official answers. only an link to knowledge that we all are having got already.

I quote an mod who sounded like an bot:

"merge merge merge merge"

Do we need to be worried about this now? Is  the Mod account DB hacked  now to?

Are our accounts save?

Why the .. is no one anwering pls?

Edited by Atreidus

Well, if I had to make a bet, I'd say whomever is behind it is someone who was not happy with U14's player-unfriendly systems, and is attempting to 'punish' DE for them.

Just an educated guess though.

Comic-Con's showcased games have been targeted. Not just Warframe, all of them.

Just tried to log in and I couldn't even accept my login reward, had to crash the game out because I couldn't even hit esc. to quit the game.

Stuff like this is why I'm tempted to just give up Warframe entirely.

What a coincidence that this should all start right as Sechura was about to be taken over by a notoriously high-taxrate clan!

:v we DDoS'ing our selfs for our own good? prob.

I was doing an opposition dark sector mission so I could complete the associated challenge, and I experienced an extreme amount of lag. Could be a defensive measure to prevent people from completing the mission. This is purely conjecture, however.

im no technical wizard, but shouldnt it be possible to only check requests that are coming from the warframe.exe?

so like

Warframe.exe

PingServer("random command here#",address,computer address);

warframe server

if( text == "random command here#")

{

allowaccess;

}

So no official answers. only an link to knowledge that we arr are having got already.

I quote n mod who sounded like an bot:

Do we need to be worried about this now?m is  the Mod account DB hacked  now to?

Are our accounts save.

The community moderators are perfectly sane. They are just humorous and doing their job (volunteer). Our accounts are perfectly fine.

So no official answers. only an link to knowledge that we arr are having got already.

I quote n mod who sounded like an bot:

Do we need to be worried about this now?m is  the Mod account DB hacked  now to?

Are our accounts save.

Seriously? The mod has been merging all the different threads, hence the "hey guys merged some more threads!" replies he's been making. We've also gotten repeated updates from Rebecca on the situation. Read, man, read! 

Edited by Charismo

Comic-Con's showcased games have been targeted. Not just Warframe, all of them.

Yikes, sounds like someone got bitter they didn't get to have a panel at comic-con.  Given the scale they probably put in code into whatever game/app they sell to allow them to use those connections as a bot net.