Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Late Saturday/sunday Login Issues

It's killing me, I mean every little thing about Warframe since the update came out has driven me insane. The broken quest system, the broken Kubrows, the broken matchmaking.

I'm losing faith in Warframe and DE

That's the thing. They never gained anything but publicity and notoriety when they hacked PayPal and Sony (again still not sure if those are correct). Their only response was that they did it for the lol's. Who knows, maybe someone did the DDoS just for that same reason. But then again It could very well be someone or a group of people who weren't happy with the update and attacked the servers just for petty revenge. 

DDoS and Hack are totally different. DDoS is just about having a large enough zombies PC network. Hacking a server need far more competencies (except when using SQL injection ^^).

Of further note (and as some posts in this thread have suspected), this is in fact a DDOS, and an unusually strong one at that. It appears some people have aligned with the Corpus and wish to see the balance disturbed and Tenno disrupted! 

We are continuing to work with our ISP and infrastructure partners to improve the attack mitigation - again we're sorry that the issue has stuck around this long. 

This graph shows the magnitude of the attack on our hamster farm: 

SoxzZR7.png

I believe in u guys! Save the hamsters and dont let them corpus/DDoS ppls win! the Tenno Shall prevail! >:D

im no technical wizard, but shouldnt it be possible to only check requests that are coming from the warframe.exe?

so like

Warframe.exe

PingServer("random command here#",address,computer address);

warframe server

if( text == "random command here#")

{

allowaccess;

}

It can be limited: Request per IP/per MAC/per Hardware  and ip/ mac - combination number.

combine this. They cant crack this.

Windows systems these days got an possibility to code the sh.. out of the system to  filter souch boons.

Edited by Atreidus

So, i use my rhino after the ddos he starts in lvl 10 and i get lvl 16 but.... the ddos send me to login screen, relog and now i have a lvl 10 rhino.... its suppose my ember prime would be finished today and now i have nothing. I hope somebody fix this because even if you guys get ddos isnt our problem (i dont want to be a douch) but i want something its too many time and 3 days of waiting for my ember prime on the trash right now 

Edited by MaxHeadroomS

So no official answers. only an link to knowledge that we all are having got already.

I quote an mod who sounded like an bot:

"merge merge merge merge"

Do we need to be worried about this now? Is  the Mod account DB hacked  now to?

Are our accounts save?

Why the .. is no one anwering pls?

The community moderators are perfectly sane. They are just humorous and doing their job (volunteer). Our accounts are perfectly fine.

Or Atreidus could be correct, maybe (for some ridiculous reason) the merged guy was hacked and is being a troll. Personally, I dont think that posting MERGED every 10 posts is funny. 

It can be limited: Request per IP/per MAC/per Hardwate  and ip/ mac - combination number.

combine this. They cant crack this.

SEE thats what im getting at, using mac address to keep track of "real" players etc, yea would be a leangthy list, so may not work as then it would have to compare the given address with the list, but there has to be a way to filter out these things!

Or Atreidus could be correct, maybe (for some ridiculous reason) the merged guy was hacked and is being a troll. Personally, I dont think that posting MERGED every 10 posts is funny. 

You realize that's because he's MERGING other threads and he decided to be decent and inform the original poster by making a reply about it?

SEE thats what im getting at, using mac address to keep track of "real" players etc, yea would be a leangthy list, so may not work as then it would have to compare the given address with the list, but there has to be a way to filter out these things!

moment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

There are  some  solutions. Like Clean pipe system which is filtering ddos before it is reaching the server. 

For more infos they need to  read about this system.

/edit:

There are companies  which are offering  its technology.

For example:

http://www.computerwoche.de/a/t-systems-konkretisiert-clean-pipe-plaene,2549909

English version:

From the makers of it

https://www.lancom-systems.de/pdf/presse/PM_2013-388_E.pdf

Edited by Atreidus

5:45 PM EDT: Of further note (and as some posts in this thread have suspected), this is in fact a DDOS, and an unusually strong one at that. It appears some people have aligned with the Corpus and wish to see the balance disturbed and Tenno disrupted! 

We are continuing to work with our ISP and infrastructure partners to improve the attack mitigation - again we're sorry that the issue has stuck around this long. 

This graph shows the magnitude of the attack on our hamster farm: 

Dear Lotus.

Please stop blaming this on the Corpus. We wouldn't do anything like this to harm ourselves.

With kind regards

some Crewman grunt

According to someone on the chat, Vindictus and WoW got hit as well, course, Iunno if that's true or not, take it with a huge grain of salt, but still something noteworthy, I guess.

I guess somebody really doesn't want WoW to get ground clutter physics.

I'm going to go get the poms; DE needs a cheering section.

So, i use my rhino after the ddos he starts in lvl 10 and i get lvl 16 but.... the ddos send me to login screen, relog and now i have a lvl 10 rhino.... its suppose my ember prime would be finished today and now i have nothing. I hope somebody fix this because even if you guys get ddos isnt our problem (i dont want to be a douch) but i want something its too many time and 3 days of waiting for my ember prime on the trash right now 

Well frankly, if you knew the servers were getting attacked, you should've practiced a bit of restraint and wariness. Server attacks = all sorts of things can happen, and one of the biggest things is loss of data during the attack.

It's why I just asked a person that PMed me about a trade to do it tomorrow. See? Just a little bit of forethought could've saved your whole day.

Please don't bring the cancerous memes to the forums. xD

xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDstop