Late Saturday/sunday Login Issues

Ello There Devs,

Wanted to notify you that the login issue seems to be somewhat resolved, but I am having issues with the game crashing and taking me back to the login screen/the sign in screen.

The last instance that the issue took place was on 7:25 PM EST - 7/27/2014 - Crash ticket WAR-286420 was auto generated by the system.

I know you guys/gals are working hard on resolving the issue and will re-try soon.

Take care and thanks for making a fun and enjoyable free to play game.

Cheers.

[sT6] Gaming Admin

5:45 PM EDT: Of further note (and as some posts in this thread have suspected), this is in fact a DDOS, and an unusually strong one at that. It appears some people have aligned with the Corpus and wish to see the balance disturbed and Tenno disrupted! 

We are continuing to work with our ISP and infrastructure partners to improve the attack mitigation - again we're sorry that the issue has stuck around this long. 

This graph shows the magnitude of the attack on our hamster farm: 

SoxzZR7.png

___

Tenno - we're aware of the current login issues and are investigating at this time. Thanks for your patience.

5:22 PM EDT: Rest assured, we want this up as quickly as possible and working to make that happen. The same ol' crew you know are working on making this happen as quickly as possible this weekend. When meaningful updates occur on stability, will update the header. In the meantime we want to play just as badly as everyone else and are very sorry that this connectivity issue has stuck around. A lot of 'how will we be compensated' questions popping up in this thread, and that sentiment is being forwarded on to figure out. 

Called it, now i want my soda.

Aw come on :( It's hardly your guys' fault that the servers have been subject to a Ddos attack! Just give 'em a catalyst alert or something, that should pacify them.

Not quite how I'd have worded it, but my sentiment more or less summed up :P

it is there fault for the poor security though. Granted, I don't feel the need for compensation but this was preventable so it is the parent companies fault too xP.

I know that this is will sound pretty greedy and/or sound like a douchie comment but I think that the players should get 50 plat. for their patience. I'm ok if we get something else equal to greater factor of 50 plat :D

I honestly don't believe it's a DDoS. Maybe it's just me being stubborn, but the symptoms of a DDoS are different from what I'm seeing.

and you know what about the infrastructure setup of De's farm? lets not forget, the way i see it is that all these sites are done on sub domains with seprae databases located on separate servers in different regions. these guys are targeting the specific server, now when their hot patching the server, it opens a vulnerability, and you can sniff where everything is going. easy stuff to do if you know what your doing. now since they have to handle accounts and credit cards, their obligated to have a CSO on staff, or whomever it may be as their chosen hoster. the best thing they can actually do, is pull the servers offline, as this is an attempt to bring the firewall down so they can breach personal information or even company secrets, or just drop the database altogether. this game needs to be shut down till the issue is resolved and have the CSO put a honey pot at that address. then redirect the traffic to a new hoster for the time being and see if it happens again, my 2 cents

and you know what about the infrastructure setup of De's farm? lets not forget, the way i see it is that all these sites are done on sub domains with seprae databases located on separate servers in different regions. these guys are targeting the specific server, now when their hot patching the server, it opens a vulnerability, and you can sniff where everything is going. easy stuff to do if you know what your doing. now since they have to handle accounts and credit cards, their obligated to have a CSO on staff, or whomever it may be as their chosen hoster. the best thing they can actually do, is pull the servers offline, as this is an attempt to bring the firewall down so they can breach personal information or even company secrets, or just drop the database altogether. this game needs to be shut down till the issue is resolved and have the CSO put a honey pot at that address. then redirect the traffic to a new hoster for the time being and see if it happens again, my 2 cents

Hey! Guys! The article (http://mmoatk.com/mmo-news/ddosing-in-the-name-of-autism) is from 11 days ago (16th of July). It's very unlikely that it is related in any way.

Looks like there's still no lead (found by us at least, who knows what has been found elsewhere) to the source of the attack.

the source as i can see it is a bot network. zombie computers. but im limited to what i can see. ALOT of them.

Edited by shadeemry

A lot of people are asking "WHY?"

My observation is, there are a lot of disgruntled Tenno that did not like the changes brought about in U14. For these unscrupulous Tenno, the change to the color palettes, which came with 14.0.9 seems to have been the catalyst to set off their tantrum.  Ultimately it comes down to "I didn't get my way, so i'm going to attack you." It's very childish behavior and unfortunate to see. 

been thinking about the same, I hope we both are wrong, if not, those people must be wiped out of the tenno solar system, we don't need people like them.

5:45 PM EDT: Of further note (and as some posts in this thread have suspected), this is in fact a DDOS, and an unusually strong one at that. It appears some people have aligned with the Corpus and wish to see the balance disturbed and Tenno disrupted! 

We are continuing to work with our ISP and infrastructure partners to improve the attack mitigation - again we're sorry that the issue has stuck around this long. 

This graph shows the magnitude of the attack on our hamster farm: 

SoxzZR7.png

___

Tenno - we're aware of the current login issues and are investigating at this time. Thanks for your patience.

5:22 PM EDT: Rest assured, we want this up as quickly as possible and working to make that happen. The same ol' crew you know are working on making this happen as quickly as possible this weekend. When meaningful updates occur on stability, will update the header. In the meantime we want to play just as badly as everyone else and are very sorry that this connectivity issue has stuck around. A lot of 'how will we be compensated' questions popping up in this thread, and that sentiment is being forwarded on to figure out. 

Hamsters? I didn't know that.

Is anyone else having a problem with the lanka and the scope? Mine is too much to the left and it wont aim accurately! Someone please help!

off topic bud, stay on topic as to what can be done, or any abnormal drops, etc. connection behavior..etc

it is there fault for the poor security though. Granted, I don't feel the need for compensation but this was preventable so it is the parent companies fault too xP.

in this industry, nothing like thi can be prevented. their is always a hole. ALWAYS. they do what they can to keep them patched. legally, they have to.