Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Late Saturday/sunday Login Issues

Why do people ask for compensation for a third party's attack? That makes no sense, and gives us incentive to DDoS the game ourselves.

Careful, people can become a target for inciting such words. it shows criminal intent/conspiracy to commit. you don't want that when they go looking for people..trust me.

Why do people ask for compensation for a third party's attack? That makes no sense, and gives us incentive to DDoS the game ourselves.

You're one of the smartest people in this thread home-slice, props to you.

(Refunds for things used make sense though)

Edited by NiTR8

You know what I'm wondering is where the hackers that hack the hackers who pull lame stunts like this lol

Also realizing it may in fact be a monumentally challenging task and not worth the effort, but since I really was just going to play Warframe today Im insanely bored, and since its not a stretch for that to be common on a sunday, there must be at least a few with nothing better to do, right? 

I'd straight up pay to witness a revenge attack on those guys doing the DDoS xD

Errr.... EDIT: I know it doesn't necessarily have to be "h4x" when someone does a DDoS I'm just making it simple because I'm really bored and this comment means really nothing anyway. 

Still, even if its low profile at least there'd be SOME kind of battle going on, since we aren't getting any atm >_<

Edited by Ethereal1

You know what I'm wondering is where the hackers that hack the hackers who pull lame stunts like this lol

Also realizing it may in fact be a monumentally challenging task and not worth the effort, but since I really was just going to play Warframe today Im insanely bored, and since its not a stretch for that to be common on a sunday, there must be at least a few with nothing better to do, right? 

We are bound by red tape, these guys are not. and we like to be called Information Systems Security Consultants, thank you.

My roomie is having having better luck with playing during this attack than me.... Half the time I do anything, I get kicked out to the login screen. Well, he WAS having better luck til he tried his first mastery rank test.

He finished but got kicked out as the screen was loading back to his ship. He logged back in and was still rank 0. Not sure if its bugged or if it simply didn't count. 

It's not worth it rtying your luck atm. The odds of you staying connected long enough to finish the mission are slim to none.

Well, we can only hope that Anonymous take exception to this for some reason, maybe someone will teach the amateurs a lesson? We can only hope.

I started learning how to do hand stands this summer, it's fun as S#&amp;&#036;, and you progress with every session. 5 min a day, start with upside down planks with your feet above you against a wall till you can do this for a minute, then move on to slowly kicking your feet away from the wall and holding.

Good stuff!

its not because of the attack, its because people could have spent money on boosters, or simply cant enjoy playing in their time off. Typically a simple level of compensation should pacify the majority of the crowd. 

Everyone here should be able to look back on this  and be happy they arn't dealing with the problem in the future

I wish all the GMs and people working on the ddos luck

Screw platinum, a silly hat, cape, badge or something would be an awesome compensation for players who encountered issues, for in the future too.

Refund the booster time players lost and send out a fun item and call it good. That way, you don't break anything functionally, and we can all look back on the problems with a smile. 

A Warframe T-shirt that says I survived the Ddos attacks of 2014? :-p

Well, we can only hope that Anonymous take exception to this for some reason, maybe someone will teach the amateurs a lesson? We can only hope.

ANOM is against all corporate entities that pry on privacy and free rights. usually nothing else.

It's not worth it rtying your luck atm. The odds of you staying connected long enough to finish the mission are slim to none.

Yeah, we werent aware of the attack, we just assumed it was minor stuff (besides that he seems to be able to finish every mission he played; it seemed only during loading start or finish there was a chance of problems).  But just kinda a bummer watching the mission complete, then loading just to remain rank 0 lol 

We are bound by red tape, these guys are not. and we like to be called Information Systems Security Consultants, thank you.

Well that's fair enough, but then technically the only red tape binding you is the red tape you brought yourself, no? 

WE NEED AN EVENT to celebrate the survival of the infested hordes from the cyber proxies!!  aka infested corpses and some crazy computer virus hint to the story line..this would be perfect timing for it. :)

Well, it's either Corpus or Grineer trying to sabotage us, what I do know is this; I'm going on an assassination spree as soon as this issue is resolved. ;)

Are you going to a specific planet or are you going to random ones? Because I would like to join you if you're going to Uranus a few times so I can get some Ash Parts Bps to make my Ash :D

So ICE take Sechura and the DDOS ends? Total coincidence I'm sure (This tin foil hat is ruining my @(*()$ hair)

but it looks so good on you.. 

on a second note, i think all changes during the ddos in regards to rail deployment needs to be rolled back. alot of work i know, but it is unfair that the players were affected by non game mechanics.

WE NEED AN EVENT to celebrate the survival of the infested hordes from the cyber proxies!!  aka infested corpses and some crazy computer virus hint to the story line..this would be perfect timing for it. :)

Maybe if some  of the  more creative types in the  community would be willing to contribute  a couple paragraphs worth of story? Kind of like world war z ( the book not that god awful movie) survival stories would be neat.

And people seem to miss what DDoS actually means.

DISTRIBUTED Denial of Service. 

Basically, you spread a virus that does nothing by itself. Once it infects enough computers, yo ujust make them all send packages at the same target server, overloading its network, and in worst cases, full down crashing the servers.

Since people are basically unaware their computers are infected, they just go along thinking their internet is just temporarily slow. So hackers that initiated the spread have a full army of zombies for weeks or even months, just changing targets as each one of them closes their lids.

So, yes, this attack is probably from the same guy who claimed all the DDoS attacks from the past weeks for autists or whatever. Now that every MMO out there blocked him out, he's going for new targets.