Late Saturday/sunday Login Issues

WE NEED AN EVENT to celebrate the survival of the infested hordes from the cyber proxies!!  aka infested corpses and some crazy computer virus hint to the story line..this would be perfect timing for it. :)

I can fully get squarely behind that! :D

Are you going to a specific planet or are you going to random ones? Because I would like to join you if you're going to Uranus a few times so I can get some Ash Parts Bps to make my Ash :D

Oh I'm just going to spin the system map roulette style and aim myself at whatever boss it lands on. ;)

Maybe if some  of the  more creative types in the  community would be willing to contribute  a couple paragraphs worth of story? Kind of like world war z ( the book not that god awful movie) survival stories would be neat.

Thats not a bad idea, Id give it a try. Id by that Survivor shirt too lol

And people seem to miss what DDoS actually means.

DISTRIBUTED Denial of Service. 

Basically, you spread a virus that does nothing by itself. Once it infects enough computers, yo ujust make them all send packages at the same target server, overloading its network, and in worst cases, full down crashing the servers.

Since people are basically unaware their computers are infected, they just go along thinking their internet is just temporarily slow. So hackers that initiated the spread have a full army of zombies for weeks or even months, just changing targets as each one of them closes their lids.

So, yes, this attack is probably from the same guy who claimed all the DDoS attacks from the past weeks for autists or whatever. Now that every MMO out there blocked him out, he's going for new targets.

Zombie machines is what we call them in the it world m wikipedia. or in this case a zombie apocalypse.

Zombie machines is what we call them in the it world mr wikipedia (and i say this affectionatly, as you posted a good bit of proper info). or in this case a zombie apocalypse.

not to sound mean, but that was well illustrated.

Edited by shadeemry

And people seem to miss what DDoS actually means.

DISTRIBUTED Denial of Service. 

Basically, you spread a virus that does nothing by itself. Once it infects enough computers, yo ujust make them all send packages at the same target server, overloading its network, and in worst cases, full down crashing the servers.

Since people are basically unaware their computers are infected, they just go along thinking their internet is just temporarily slow. So hackers that initiated the spread have a full army of zombies for weeks or even months, just changing targets as each one of them closes their lids.

So, yes, this attack is probably from the same guy who claimed all the DDoS attacks from the past weeks for autists or whatever. Now that every MMO out there blocked him out, he's going for new targets.

This is an informed fellow.

Goodbye and good riddance to the cheaters! I wonder if this is related to the trollz that were cruising around recruiting people (unasked) to missions and trolling them yesterday? It wouldn't surprise me.

As for "compensation" - well I could use a Loki helmet.... But in reality this isn't DE's fault so I can't take a "You Owe me" attitude... You could disband the cheaters accounts and raffle off all of their inventory though... would "serve" them right.

sounds like ship spinning in eve online, but with a purpose and not a fancy python counter :)

Is it wrong that as soon as I read 'python counter' the first thing that came into my mind was "I've had it with these monday to friday snakes on this monday to friday Liset!"? XD

Goodbye and good riddance to the cheaters! I wonder if this is related to the trollz that were cruising around recruiting people (unasked) to missions and trolling them yesterday? It wouldn't surprise me.

As for "compensation" - well I could use a Loki helmet.... But in reality this isn't DE's fault so I can't take a "You Owe me" attitude... You could disband the cheaters accounts and raffle off all of their inventory though... would "serve" them right.

Did they release a statement saying they found this? 

To be fair, tickets doesnt give us anything, 100 platinum of everyone maybe works the time and rewards lost, i wait 3 days for my ember prime and know i have the time reset.....  

fill them out nice and proper and you may get a much better response, and don't be rude to them. if i read a rude ticket, i would catch myself more often then not pasting a copy paste in the most polite "to bad, so sad" dialogue  be nice to the guys that have control over your accounts.

I call the users zombies. Because I really just want to shoot teh in the head right now.

A very Tenno attitude; there's a problem, *BANG*, there's no more problem. Simple, easy to remember, I like it.