Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does Rarity Work?

jjpdn

Question

Exactly what the title says.

Is mod rarity just like:

3 common mods, 1 uncommon, 1 rare, RNG has equal chance for all? 

Or does it then do common mods ~30% chance each, uncommon ~9% chance, rare ~1% chance?

And does anyone know the exact numbers?

Cause I want to know if it's a better idea to farm Sargras Ruk or goign on T3 corpus defense.

9 answers to this question

An important distinction is the 'corpus defense' people are talking about is the corpus reward table not the faction you are currently fighting.  Factions change, the tables don't.   Refer to the wiki.

In my personal hunt for Split Chamber I thought survivals worked out better.  You need starting enemy level 20+ and hit 20 minutes for a decent shot at the mod.

the raritys are pretty much rubbish, there are many Uncommons that are harder to aquire than so called Rares, you should work this out yourself once youve aquired 50x Reflex Guards and 0-2 StormBringer or Fever Strikes.

This is an example of how effed up RNG is

the raritys are pretty much rubbish, there are many Uncommons that are harder to aquire than so called Rares, you should work this out yourself once youve aquired 50x Reflex Guards and 0-2 StormBringer or Fever Strikes.

Well... i never got Reflex Guards the normal way, just from Defense and Survival. That **** thing.

And the only Stormbringer I've gotten is from trading. XD.

This is an example of how effed up RNG is

And now Kubrow eggs are RNG too... horray.

If you're trying to get split chamber T3 Defense is probably better. From my own personal experience and from many other people, Ruk pretty much never drops rare mods.

Play T3 Corpus defense. Ruk wasn't the best to me so I decided to play defense, and got it first run.

An important distinction is the 'corpus defense' people are talking about is the corpus reward table not the faction you are currently fighting.  Factions change, the tables don't.   Refer to the wiki.

In my personal hunt for Split Chamber I thought survivals worked out better.  You need starting enemy level 20+ and hit 20 minutes for a decent shot at the mod.

I'm trying to get Continuity, but Spilt Chamber is good too.

So I'll try for T3 corpus.

But what does 'difficulty' mean?

How can there be different 'difficulties'? The A.I. is already bad enough.