Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Warframe Powers [Warframe Balancing]

DeadVoid118

I have wondered, why are warframes limited to 4 powers? While they should be limited to four active powers, they should have more variety to choose from. I propose 2 things, warframe powers can be mixed and more powers.
Lore:
After much experimentation, The Lotus has found a way to combine two warframes' powers, allowing numerous combinations, these new powers can only be wielded by the powers' original owners and you can only equip one of the mixed powers that have the same base power from the warframe (Cannot use Disarming Stomp and Disarming Vortex at the same time)
Reasons:
Many warframes suck late game, making it hard to play as rhino or excalibur late game. And some warframes suck early game, making it hard to level. This would help make early game warframes go late game and play important roles and vice-versa. Also, this would add more strategy in the game and more fun!
Advantages:
More Depth
More Strategy
More Ownage
More Fun
Most Powers are now useful instead of that "Spam Most Useful" Ability
Rhino and all those other warframes now have a point late game!
Disadvantages:
Makes some warframes OP (easily fixable through energy consumption or nerfing :P)
High Level Towers are now easier (Easily Fixable, Add more tower tiers with better rewards, maybe T5 = 2 prime rewards?)
Examples:

Loki/Rhino

Decoy Charge
Loki creates a decoy of rhino, which dashes forward, and has much more health/time than a normal decoy, makes all enemies within a reasonable distance automatically attack it. Something like that c:
Rhino charges, while creating two decoys of himself that charge at different angles (like plus or minus 20 degrees). The decoys' charge will have a less potent effect as rhino's normal charge, like less damage and radius.
Invisible Stomp
Loki turns invisible, and creates a bunch of decoys that assassinate any enemies nearby by stomping into their backs(Yes they do damage)
Rhino stomps, sending enemies flying like normal, wherever his mouse is pointing (ranged stomp) and turns invisible
Invisible Skin
Loki/Rhino turns invisible, gaining a weak version of iron skin, he is invisible until his iron skin is depleted through damage (He will be more visible than normal, allowing enemies to have a chance to see him)
Switch Roar
Loki/Rhino switches with his target, giving a roar before switching that buffs allies, and a roar that debuffs enemies after switching.
Disarming Stomp
Rhino/Loki stomps, any enemies within range are effected like normal, but lose their projectile weapons, forcing them

to use melee.

Loki/Vauban

Tesla Decoy
Loki/Vauban creates a decoy, that attracts enemies and shocks them when they come in range
Disarming Vortex
Loki/Vauban creates a vortex that disarms all enemies effected, making them use melee if not killed by the vortex, if they are killed by the vortex it makes the weapon explode, dealing damage to enemies nearby.
Decoy Bastille
Loki/Vauban creates a decoy that attracts enemies, if they get too close they become suspended in stasis

Rhino/Nova

Molecular Stomp
Rhino stomps the ground, effectively priming everyone with a normal Molecular Prime while sending them flying
Nova hits the ground with all her body, dispersing a molecular prime, while sending them flying

Rhino/Frost

Snowskin
Frost/Rhino creates a coating of hard snow around him, protecting himself. Any allies within a close radius will recieve their own snowskin that has 20% of the health of the original (including cryopods and such), any enemies within melee range will be slowed by cold temperatures.

Freezing Charge

Frost/Rhino charge forward, any in their path being frozen and being dealt blast damage.

Loki/Saryn

Molting Image

Saryn/Loki create a weak specter that can fight back.

Frost/Oberon

Hallowed Wave
Sends forth a wave of radioactive ice crystals, damaging enemies in the way, then
leaves behind a strip of energy (Hallowed Ground).
Freezing Smite
Focuses deadly energy into an enemy then releasing ice projectiles out of the target, freezing the target and causing ice projectiles to bounce throughout the environment, dealing cold and radiation damage to enemies affected.
New Globe
Creates a barrier of ice & healing energy, delivering slow health regeneration to allies within the barrier and slow to enemies
Ice of Judgement
Freezes enemies then lifts them up and slams them to the ground, shattering them, also giving a chance to drop a health orb.

Excalibur/Mirage

Hall of Slashing
Dashes forward with her/his melee with clones that near mimic his/her every action, creating multiple slash dashes all at once.
Radial Trap
Raises up his/her melee which makes the weapon shine, pointing beams of light towards all affected items, rigging them with traps.
Jumping Eclipse
Super jumps into the air, giving you a great jump while giving you 2 effects afterwards, (Eclipse in darkness you glow and take less damage, in light instead you shine and deal more damage.
Prismatic Javelin
Creates a prism that shoots laser beams, can be deactivated which blinds enemies and shoots out deadly spears impaling enemies to walls.

Mag/Nyx

Magnetic Control
Pulls an enemy bringing them in close and forces the enemy to turn on its own, becoming an effective shield.
Shield Bolts
Shoots telekinetic fragments which drains enemies' shields and deals damage to the affected enemies.
Chaos Magnet
Creates magnetic forces on enemies' brains which causes them to become insane and attract bullets.
Psychic Smash
Absorbs damage then releases it into a radial discharge, enemies affected will be dealt Magnetic damage along with being risen up and crushed into themselves.
Bullet Sponge
Bullet attractor is placed onto Nyx/Mag, channeling incoming damage by enemies and nearby bullets which are attracted to the Absorb, then releasing a Volatile, Radial Discharge, dealing Magnetic and Blast damage.

Zephyr/Vauban

Tesla Wind
Plants multiple Teslas on Zephyr/Vauban then Zephyr/Vauban rises up and propels through the air, shocking enemies detected and within range with Tesla along with being blasted by energy.
Spring Bomb
Sets Zephyr/Vauban into a nose dive towards the ground, creating an explosion on impact then bouncing back up, for a second nose dive.
Locked Wind
Places Bastille while also casting Turbulence which keeps enemies locked in stasis and deflecting enemy projectiles.
Twister
Creates mobile Tornadoes which contain vortexes inside, sucking enemies in and swirling them around, catching enemies at a wider radius and does 2 types of damage, Magnetic damage (Tornado & Vortex) and Blast damage (Vortex).
Storm
Creates a bounce pad, and a bunch of tornadoes on top of it. The tornadoes, bounce up into the sky, combining and getting larger until they become a storm.

Zephyr/Hydroid
Whirlpool
A tornado is created, that is sucked into water by Hydroid/Zephyr turning it into a whirlpool which sucks in enemies.
Tornacles
Casts tornado and water tentacles appearing in the tornado, the tentacles catch enemies and swing them around as usual, if dropped automatically is sucked into the tornado to be hit again.

Nova/Nekros
Soul Star
Causes particles to orbit around Nekros/Nova which, if it hits an enemy, the enemy's soul is forced out as a deadly projectile.
Antimatter Terror
Shoots antimatter that absorbs damage and terrifies enemies near the antimatter, being susceptible to extra damage.
Loot Portal
Changes enemy bodies into wormholes, all connected to the same end, dropping the loot at the end of the portal.
Antimatter of the Dead
Summons shadows of your former enemies to fight on your side while also filling them with antimatter, detonating upon organic/robotic collision.

Frost/Saryn

Cold Virus
Shoots an icy projectile, which freezes the target, dealing cold damage, and deals Viral damage per second to the frozen enemy.
Viral Crystal
Puts viral damage on Saryn's/Frost's melee, sending contagious crystals forth with each melee slash, while also slowing enemies down when hit by the crystals.
Frosty Scent
Releases a scent in the air that freezes enemies which causes them to shatter, if they are still alive, then they start to decay/disintegrate by the corrosive effects.
Acid Sphere
Creates a globe/sphere of snow, which is filled with poisonous gas, protecting those that are inside with an impenetrable barrier, enemies who enter will slow down and get damaged by the corrosion.

Excalibur/Loki
[size=5]Mirage/Ash[/size]
[size=5]Mirage/Loki[/size]
Hall of Decoys
Summons a bunch of decoys
Invisible Hand
Rigs invisible traps everywhere.
Eclipse Trade
Trades places with a target, whether a foe, decoy or even an ally, this gives Loki/Mirage the Eclipse effect (Light= more damage dealt, Darkness= less damage taken), if a(n) decoy/ally is traded, the decoy/ally also gets the Eclipse effect.
Prism Disarm
Releases a laser-emitting prism that shoots out laser beams, if this is deactivated, it blinds nearby enemies and also releases an aura that removes enemy firearms, reverting them to melee combat.

You get the point. While energy levels and my ideas are all inter-changeable, I hope this becomes a thing! I shall add more powers as available. But I also said more abilities so...

Rhino

Screech
This is a roar that debuffs nearby enemies
Platinum Skin
Gives more defense, but debuffs attack
Steel Skin
Gives more defense at the cost of speed
Silver Skin
Gives additional offense capability, at the cost of some of the abilitiy's health
Compressed Titanium Skin
Gives insanely high health, but slows rhino to a walk(no sprinting) and his attacks only do 1 damage (speed debuff only active when enemy is within 50 meters) Toggle-able by using the buttons
Attack Charge
Does more damage, but doesn't knock down enemies
Vanguard's Charge
Does little damage, but knocks enemies away farther and has a bigger radius
Unending Roar
Rhino roars until the roar is canceled or he is knocked down, any allies that enter the roar area shall be buffed until a certain time after the roar stops
Unending Screech
Rhino screeches until the screech is canceled or he is knocked down, any enemies that enter the screech area shall be debuffed until a certain time after the roar stops
Liberty Cry
Rhino roars, giving an iron skin to all allies within a radius, the iron skin's hp is divided between the allies in the radius
Taunt
Rhino yells, making all enemies attack him

Frost

Igloo

Frost creates an Igloo, impenetrable with no duration, that is toggle-able. It cannot be shot through or exited from any direction, as it is solid ice. There is one exit, that enemies/allies can go through.

Yeti

Frost summons a yeti, paired with 2 snowmen, that fight your enemies.

Personal Globe

Frost creates a small snow globe, that is mobile, as it is attached to his body. It is extremely small, only protecting most of his body, so he can still be shot/attacked.

Eternal Frost

Frost freezes an enemy, dealing no damage but freezing them for an incredible amount of time.

Snow Storm

Frost summons a snow-storm, slowing enemies within a very large radius and dealing minor damage as long as they are slowed.

And so many more variants shall appear as I think of them. Also, So many Rhino powers because I am most familiar with him.

These do not all have to be implemented at once(although that would be nice) Maybe 1 new ability for each warframe per update. But wait, how would you acquire such fun abilities?

Acquiring:

A especially expensive lab in the clan dojo, and the clan must research each ability! The lab would require a lot of stuff from void and derelict missions. Maybe a quest to obtain all or some of the parts?

Remember, I am not the only one to create this idea, nor the only one to modify it, as other people have posted, helped and contributed.

P.S. Please help contribute! We need variants of abilities especially!

Shuriken Massacre
Creates doppelgangers to mimic Mirage's/Ash's every action while also throwing 1-3 shurikens to nearby enemies.
Smoke Trap
Turn nearby items into irresistible traps that create smoke everywhere, turning you invisible and dealing damage to enemies.
Teleport Buff
Teleports to an enemy,bringing in Ash/Mirage for melee close combat, while also creating a double effect, in darkness Ash/Mirage takes less damage, in light he/she deals more damage.
Prism Storm
Attaches a laser emitting prism onto enemies, dealing damage to everyone but the enemy it is attached to and tenno.
Hall of Blades
Creates blades everywhere, dealing damage equal to Blade Storm.

Decoy Dash
Dashes forward with his melee, leaving behind a clone to draw away enemy fire and dealing damage by dashing.
Disappearance
Blinds nearby enemies, while also turning Excalibur/Loki invisible for a duration.
Switch Jump
Switches with a target whether an enemy, decoy or even an ally, switching and appearing above the location of where the target was (the Super Jump effect).
Disarming Spears
Shoots outwards deadly spears, impaling enemies to walls, and any enemies who survived, in a radius around a spear, will lose their firearm, reverting them to melee combat.

Edited by Keylan118

Yes Yes yes, your theory is valid. There can always be harder levels and missions. And the very point of this is to add variety to each warframe's abilities. 

Loki version invisible stomp sounds like a bladestorm.

What about Ember+Banshee, Nyx+Saryn or Trinity+Valkyr? :P

As I said, I shall add more.

Rhino/Nova

Molecular Stomp

Rhino stomps the ground, effectively priming everyone with a normal Molecular Prime while sending them flying

Nova hits the ground with all her body, dispersing a molecular prime, while sending them flying

You get the point. While energy levels and my ideas are all inter-changeable, I hope this becomes a thing! I shall add more powers as available. But I also said more abilities so...

This, I must have! love it! 

This, I must have! love it!

I would add more but the one already there seems a little OP....Plus I'm lazy

I just like the idea because it expresses Rhino's need to be more late game and he gets a taunt, which I've always wanted :P

Edited by Keylan118

Liked this on the other 4 posts like this, might as well like this one too.

Trinity and Oberon suggestion:

Blessing + Reckoning = Divine Intervention

Blessing + Renewal = Rejuvenation (raises people from being 'downed') 

Loki and Saryn

Decoy + Molt = Organic Clone (Spectre)

Liked this on the other 4 posts like this, might as well like this one too.

Trinity and Oberon suggestion:

Blessing + Reckoning = Divine Intervention

Blessing + Renewal = Rejuvenation (raises people from being 'downed') 

Loki and Saryn

Decoy + Molt = Organic Clone (Spectre)

Good ideas.

On an old post, I've told someone about Loki & Rhino together called

Rhoki

and I did the exact moves you did. hmm...

I'll make some

Frost & Oberon

Hallowed Ground + Ice Wave= Hallowed Wave- sends forth a wave of radioactive ice crystals, damaging enemies hit then

Freeze + Smite= Freezing Smite- focuses deadly energy into an enemy then releasing ice projectiles out of the target, freezing the target and causing ice projectiles to bounce throughout the environment, dealing cold and radiation to enemies affected.

Snow Globe + Renewal= Heal Globe- creates a barrier of ice & healing energy, delivering slow health regeneration to allies within the barrier.

Reckoning + Avalanche= Ice of Judgement- freezes enemies then lifts them up and slams them to the ground, shattering them, also giving a chance to drop a health orb.

Mirage & Excalibur

Slash Dash + Hall of Mirrors= Halls of Slash Dash- dashes forward with his melee with clones that mimic his/her every action, creating multiple slash dashes all at once.

Radial Blind + Sleight of Hand= Radial Trap-  raises up his/her melee which shines the melee and rigs nearby items, natural prank.

Super Jump + Eclipse= Super Eclipse- super jumps into the air, giving you a great jump while giving you 2 effects afterwards, (Eclipse in darkness you glow and take less damage, in light instead you shine and deal more damage.

Prism + Radial Javelin= Javelin Prism- creates a prism that shoots laser beams, can be deactivated which blinds enemies and shoots out deadly spears impaling enemies to walls.

that's all I got

Edited by Hunter126

Rhoki

I'll make some

Frost & Oberon

Hallowed Ground + Ice Wave= Hallowed Wave- sends forth a wave of radioactive ice crystals, damaging enemies hit then

Freeze + Smite= Freezing Smite- focuses deadly energy into an enemy then releasing ice projectiles out of the target, freezing the target and causing ice projectiles to bounce throughout the environment, dealing cold and radiation to enemies affected.

Snow Globe + Renewal= Heal Globe- creates a barrier of ice & healing energy, delivering slow health regeneration to allies within the barrier.

Reckoning + Avalanche= Ice of Judgement- freezes enemies then lifts them up and slams them to the ground, shattering them, also giving a chance to drop a health orb.

Mirage & Excalibur

Slash Dash + Hall of Mirrors= Halls of Slash Dash- dashes forward with his melee with clones that mimic his/her every action, creating multiple slash dashes all at once.

Radial Blind + Sleight of Hand= Radial Trap-  raises up his/her melee which shines the melee and rigs nearby items, natural prank.

Super Jump + Eclipse= Super Eclipse- super jumps into the air, giving you a great jump while giving you 2 effects afterwards, (Eclipse in darkness you glow and take less damage, in light instead you shine and deal more damage.

Prism + Radial Javelin= Javelin Prism- creates a prism that shoots laser beams, can be deactivated which blinds enemies and shoots out deadly spears impaling enemies to walls.

that's all I got

Great ideas!

Sorry guys, but I am not that familiar with a lot of warframes, only Loki and Rhino...so if you have suggestions please tell!

Certainly sounds interesting combining other frame powers with one another to create whole new powers or modifying existing ones with extra effects and stuff. And it would allow us to use all those ability cards we get but don't need.

Yep, thats why I did this. I noticed a big difference between the players, those that used glass cannons late game, and those who failed late game missions...

Also, I know this has been posted before but it has never really been organized into an actual idea. Most posters were vague, so I decided to organize it.

Rhoki

I didn't know. Weird. Maybe I saw it once and subconsciously wrote it down here? Meh Edited by Keylan118

Yep, thats why I did this. I noticed a big difference between the players, those that used glass cannons late game, and those who failed late game missions...

Also, I know this has been posted before but it has never really been organized into an actual idea. Most posters were vague, so I decided to organize it.

I didn't know. Weird. Maybe I saw it once and subconsciously wrote it down here? Meh

Ya keep up the work go to the wiki and explore some of the other powers of other warframes and get more ideas.

Ya keep up the work go to the wiki and explore some of the other powers of other warframes and get more ideas.

Currently on an itouch, not that easy to do it but yeah, I do that. That's how I got some of the ideas I started with. However, it's not easy to think of ways to combine or vary a warframe's ability until you have been in his shoes. Until I got rhino, I thought he was some OP tank that could easily solo late-game. Then I found out he dies almost instantly....

Currently on an itouch, not that easy to do it but yeah, I do that. That's how I got some of the ideas I started with. However, it's not easy to think of ways to combine or vary a warframe's ability until you have been in his shoes. Until I got rhino, I thought he was some OP tank that could easily solo late-game. Then I found out he dies almost instantly....

true but looking at the wiki will give you a basic idea to base your ideas on.

Although I wish I had platinum to spend on more warframe slots...meh

yea I had platinum

Here's what I did

1. Bought steam money from EB Games.

2. got the receipt that shows you the code for the money.

3. typed in the code on my steam account, the money's in my account now.

4. now that my money's in my account, I go to the warframe website or game.

5. went to get/buy platinum, used my steam money, then buy platinum I can buy.

that's how I get platinum