Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"end-Game Content"

Zoike

warframe is suffering from a problem: so called end game content is really all there is. no one does regular missions anymore cause they are literally pointless. the only reason i can think of to play reg missions is to get resources, which once you reach like mastery rank 9, isnt even a concern anymore. DE admitted that warframe if 100% gear driven. the only incentive you have to play the game is obtaining better gear. while i admitt- once you get the hang of dark sectors, its actually fun to play and you are ok with not being rewarded whatsoever. however, DSs are extremely buggy and require alot of time to figure out the right build not to mention the abundance of mod dups you have to have in order to create a efficient build. but i digress.

the point is end game needs to be harder to access and pre-endgame content like needs to exist and/or the game needs to be made fun rather than solely gear/grind driven 

I've seen people mention other stuff for 'end-game content', and it's true that a lot is based on gear right now... but it does take time to produce new content that won't automatically get broken. Making new gear is simply a way to keep us interested until such a time arrives. :3

...I'm not sure you understand the point of endgame.
To be rewarded by playing endgame would be pointless. It's ENDGAME. There's nothing else for you to do, that's why you're doing it. What could endgame possibly bribe you with to get you in? You have everything already.

Furthermore, Dark Sector conflicts, as they are right now, are great. You have to have been playing for a decent amount of time to get weapons, frames, and mods that won't leave you useless throughout a Conflict's levelling system. That said, Conflicts are almost entirely driven by your own personal skill. When everyone is level 0, it's difficult to get ahead, and when you do, there's no telling that somebody else hasn't gotten ahead that has a better build, and was granted better mods through the Conflict's levelling. It's entirely possible to beat them though, through sheer skill.
I've played a lot of online mmos and fps' as a tester, and DS Conflicts are one of the few that are legitimately challenging and fun.

Lastly, what are you even looking for? More ways to level? The Focus system will introduce that, when it comes around. But it still begs the question, why? Why do you want to level forever into the sky, when that's what you've been doing this entire game. Sure Conflicts don't reward you, but since they're endgame, they have no reason to.

lol... people always ask for end-game content but the point is they want you to play the game as a whole, not just do end game content over and over again like in SWTOR. =| end game content ends too you know.

I kind of like that warframe doesn't have any because every mmo ive played i get tired of having to compete with the higher levels. it feels restrictive. and further more it makes end game a GOAL to get to each character you level

take world of warcraft for example since its the same. when u get to max lvl and u have all your gear pve is pointless and you just go kill bosses for fun cuz you alrdy have the best gear in the game. pvp is what keeps the game running because without it the game would have a really low population.

ofc some ppl like pve and they do it even though they have the best gear in the game but thats just a low playerbase. if warframe just improved pvp and expanded it, WITHOUT forgetting about pve the game would be more entretaining for end game players

pvp is what keeps the game running because without it the game would have a really low population.

. if warframe just improved pvp and expanded it, WITHOUT forgetting about pve the game would be more entretaining for end game players

The thing about it is people get way too excited about competeing and PVP pretty much becomes the sole purpose of a game, especially if you get exclusive rewards.

Warhammer was ruined by this fact, they completely gave up their PVE backstory and implemented only PVP through the whole game.

Bleh, there is no endgame in the way (some) people want, its not about grinding for the next purple or orange or whatever, its about using and doing what is fun/challengeing . I would be very disappointed if they put in MMO style gear progression and would likely stop playing because of nonsense like that.

If you're just looking for a challenge, go into a T4 under geared, and have a ton of fun doing it.

I don't think PVP should have any bearing on this game at all, I was against it being implemented in the first place, and it is certainly not END GAME content, there shouldn't be END GAME content at all, play the game have fun, it doesn't matter where you play or what missions you do or who you do it with just that you enjoy it.

If you're just looking for a challenge, go into a T4 under geared, and have a ton of fun doing it.

even doing that your just doing the same old rubbish over and over, endgame should be somethign different and challenging, a place to roll with your 6x forma ogris and boltor prime to do something fun, not rehash the same old endless defence or survival runs that you do anyways when looking for prime gear or mods.

even doing that your just doing the same old rubbish over and over, endgame should be somethign different and challenging, a place to roll with your 6x forma ogris and boltor prime to do something fun, not rehash the same old endless defence or survival runs that you do anyways when looking for prime gear or mods.

I want an endless survival (no defense, no oxygen, no extraction) with leader boards. 

You want end-game content, come up with the concept for it and present it in the forums.

Design a new set of missions for us, think about how it will fit into the lore etc.

I did that with my Orokin Temple set...and basically it got buried by all the QQ about Kubrows, I have no incentive to retype it.

But that's basically what you need to do if you want to suggest end-game.

The thing about it is people get way too excited about competeing and PVP pretty much becomes the sole purpose of a game, especially if you get exclusive rewards.

Warhammer was ruined by this fact, they completely gave up their PVE backstory and implemented only PVP through the whole game.

wich is different in warframe since pvp rewards nothing, its just for fun and for doing something different than pve. they can have both pvp and pve, pve wont be forgotten just cuz they add pvp

You want end-game content, come up with the concept for it and present it in the forums.

Design a new set of missions for us, think about how it will fit into the lore etc.

I did that with my Orokin Temple set...and basically it got buried by all the QQ about Kubrows, I have no incentive to retype it.

See the post above your own.

Please keep your pvp out of my pve game, worst mistake they made was to cave in to the pvp crowd and while we are at it "end game" as a concept for an mmo which is a game without an end or solution is crazy.

dont play pvp if you dont like it? who are you to say if the game has to have or not pvp? some ppl like pve, some others like pvp and some others (myself included) like both pve and pvp. 

they can add pvp and keep the pve going on as you can see. conclave didnt ruin pve didnt it? dark sectors neither didnt it? its just adds more things to do on the game and again, IF YOU DONT LIKE PVP DONT PLAY IT

which is the same thing you did through out the solar system, yet you don't mention that at all. Look play the game and have fun or don't, that's it, I gave an option for a challenge that is really fun in my opinion because its challenging and makes you think about how you move and what you do, instead of just shooting everything with your over forma'd prime/ogris or whatever

I also haven't seen a single MMO "end game" boss that was anything more than stand here do this some times move out of the fire circle for half an hour because its HP is so bloated out of proportion to make it challenging.

Weird.  Here it is again:

I want an endless survival (no defense, no oxygen, no extraction) with leader boards.

I have gone into a bit more detail before, but you get the general idea. It is a survive as long as you can until you die mode idea.

Oh okay, needs to be a bit more fleshed out. Give the mission type a name and show in general how it'll work. What will we be battling etc.

DE will eventually take suggestions, but they have to be fleshed out a bit more than just that lol.

yeah but your basically saying its pointless suggesting anything new?  ive seen a fair few ideas for endgame since i started in U10, obv we dont have even a bare bones variant just yet.

theres scope for plenty of other mission types, i think probably the most easy one to implement was 1 id briefly read where your "mission" is simply to escape while the ship/station/facility your in blows up around you (fatal damage from an opposing faction), dont have to fight if you dont want too but might be needed to get past various mobs in time.

i also made a thread back when cicero first appeared, i thought the "defence" mission we had wasnt different enough, i suggested the defence area be larger and that we had to kill mobs while picking up toxic plants to keep feeding into the toxic injector, feed nothing and the game lasts longer, if it lasts longer the difficulty ramps up etc.

thats just 2 pathetic examples, ive seen far better ones, like your ideas, they are out there just not even 1 gets pegged for potential end-game.

dont play pvp if you dont like it? who are you to say if the game has to have or not pvp? some ppl like pve, some others like pvp and some others (myself included) like both pve and pvp. 

they can add pvp and keep the pve going on as you can see. conclave didnt ruin pve didnt it? dark sectors neither didnt it? its just adds more things to do on the game and again, IF YOU DONT LIKE PVP DONT PLAY IT

the addition of pvp to pve games has in most cases ruined the entire game.

yeah but your basically saying its pointless suggesting anything new?  ive seen a fair few ideas for endgame since i started in U10, obv we dont have even a bare bones variant just yet.

theres scope for plenty of other mission types, i think probably the most easy one to implement was 1 id briefly read where your "mission" is simply to escape while the ship/station/facility your in blows up around you (fatal damage from an opposing faction), dont have to fight if you dont want too but might be needed to get past various mobs in time.

i also made a thread back when cicero first appeared, i thought the "defence" mission we had wasnt different enough, i suggested the defence area be larger and that we had to kill mobs while picking up toxic plants to keep feeding into the toxic injector, feed nothing and the game lasts longer, if it lasts longer the difficulty ramps up etc.

thats just 2 pathetic examples, ive seen far better ones, like your ideas, they are out there just not even 1 gets pegged for potential end-game.

It's because players don't like to read...and also because they are too busy QQing

You can suggest, but keep a word document of what you worked on and just repost for like 30 days. It will get seen eventually. I will do that...probably next week when I can be bothered. I wrote the lore and everything too. So look out for the Orokin Temple suggestion, it will feature a new boss, 2 new mission types and new lore.