Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vehicles, Races, And Demolition Derbies

ZacEnzr

With the rumors of Larger Player Ships coming I think a "Garage Module" could be incorporated into it. which would allow us to have Player Vehicles that could only be used in new Race, and Demolition Derby Missions(which could also have PVP variants)

Ideas for Vehicles so far are:

Tenno Motorcycle: might look something like a Tron Bike.

Grineer Roller: could look like a big Roller with a seat and handle bars. or maybe a really big roller that the driver would sit inside of. or like Motorcycle with Rollers for wheels.

Corpus Hover Board: like Derf Anyo will have.

The Stalker's Motorcycle: basically Tenno Motorcycle but in Stalker's Style, could be named "Rage" or "Fury", something like that.

Gurstag 3 Vehicles: each would have a different Vehicle, just not sure what yet.

and then maybe something like a rideable Kubrow(but preferably something more horse-like)

Vehicle Weapons:

I am thinking they'll probably be like Sentinel Weapon(can't see them but they work). but the Player would be in control of the weapons and choose where to aim and when to fire.

Vehicles could of course level and be modded like everything else and would have precepts like Sentinals, and Kubrows.

Race Missions:

In race missions I am thinking you and your Vehicle would drop into the area and the Lotus would say something like "The (target location) is heavily guarded, this is as close as the ship can get you Tenno, you must race to the(target Location) before (bad thing can happen)".  Then you would speed your vehicle through a large mostly open map, you would have to dodge(or destroy) obstacles, fight off enemies(that could also be on vehicles), and go through twisting paths and maybe jump over a canyon or a river or something.   these missions might also have a timer for added difficulty(hopefully this timer would suspended in the event of The Stalker, G3, or Zanuka showing up)

Demolition Derby Missions:

You and your Vehicle get dropped into one big open Area and you basically just have to destroy all enemy vehicles. These may also be timed.

The lore behind it might be that if you win the enemy lets some prisoners go free, or it might just be a quick way to destroy a lot of the enemy fleet. 

Edited by Zac10

People has rarely any imagination at all, don't mind those who shoot down ideas.

I for one would like to see vehicles in the game, though it would probably be impossible since we have random tiled maps.

It would be nice if we actually get some.

People please have an open mind, I am just trying to get the idea out there.  I am sure if DE decided to do anything like this they would do it right.

Also, even I don't like some of those vehicle ideas, I was just trying to have a verity in order to appeal to more people. 

-snip-

Demolition Derby Missions:

You and your Vehicle get dropped into one big open Area and you basically just have to destroy all enemy vehicles. These may also be timed.

The lore behind it might be that if you win the enemy lets some prisoners go free, or it might just be a quick way to destroy a lot of the enemy fleet. 

Death Race?

Eh, Tenno don't come across as the type to use vehicles on missions. Not very discreet or covert and not exactly going to fit on most tilesets.

Yeah, don't forget : "NINJAS plays free". Ninjas are the hidden death :3

OK what if the Grineer had like tanks or something along those lines?

Seriously imagine the Grineer and Corpus with tanks and other vehicles that you have to fight.

Edited by Zac10

Well our maps just aren't big enough for one, and they never will be. The evolution engine cannot handle open spaces, it already suffers a lot on the outdoor tiles.

Beyond that, vehicles just don't really fit in the warframe universe, no offense.