Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Will Beta End?

---No-Mercy---

Hey All,

This has probably been asked before but im curious, Is there any plans to take this game out of beta and give this game a chance to become a fully fledged game with the rest of big boys of the MMO World?

I only ask because I have never known a game to stay in BETA for this long? I wondered if there was a reason for it?

Does anyone know?

Could actually be the big announcement at Gamescon.

Damn...I'm trying to think of this one game that was in beta for at least 5 years. Maybe not 5 years, but I know it was longer than 3 years. Please help, if anyone knows the name. >_<

Firefall?
Edited by killerviel

"beta" is an excuse for the many issues warframe has, beta won't end anytime soon since devs are as always, more focused on content than on polishing because that's what people want, players can overcome unpolished content but they cannot overcome the lack of it

Damn...I'm trying to think of this one game that was in beta for at least 5 years. Maybe not 5 years, but I know it was longer than 3 years. Please help, if anyone knows the name. >_<

I know of Parabellum's beta, which lasted for almost, or even over, two years, then it was shutdown because the developers started working on another project. Said project was named Bullet Run, and had a different previous name, which was released as a beta after a few years, which also shutdown in about a year or so.

The term "beta" is basically an excuse DE is using for the game's condition.

People on the forum who defend Warframe, no matter how bad it is, often use "Its Beta" as defense before running away or something. 

Its not a valid excuse anymore.

OR, they're building funds so they can bring the game up to speed and put it where they've wanted it ever since they came up with the original concept.

Also, using the term "It's beta" is a valid defense, you've seen how unstable this game is, right? Right? It just seems like people just jump to the conclusion of, "DE want an excuse for being badlol." When, they're one of the most involved game devs I've seen, especially in beta. 

When...

All the major and most minor bugs are fixed

End game content is put in

More variety of missions are put in

All aspects of game are balanced

Placeholder bosses are replaced with new bosses

All the bosses get reworks

Mastery rank 30 is obtainable

Just to name a few things are added.

The term "beta" is basically an excuse DE is using for the game's condition.

People on the forum who defend Warframe, no matter how bad it is, often use "Its Beta" as defense before running away or something. 

Its not a valid excuse anymore.

An independent , untraditional software business model that keeps updating itself with content and the term beta thats used for traditional software releases is irrelevant in this case. It's not a beta, it's a live game that keeps evolving.