Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Will Beta End?

---No-Mercy---

Term beta is not really about condition status, but rather just this game did not reach final point of the project, and because of growing community this will never (or at least should) happen. Whatever if this game is beta or not, I still love to be space warrior looking where to faceroll another grinny heads & steal hard disks from corpus MOAs (I need more space :( )

Games are not a beta because they are adding content. WoW was not a beta. They released their product because they were happy with it and gave it additional features and support. There is nothing wrong with that. Call of Duty isn't a beta because they come out with content after release. 

WF is a beta because it is missing content that SHOULD be in the game. 

Too many games are given the title "beta" now (or "early access" in steam's case). Whether DE will make this past that stage or if it will be an excuse to hide behind, only time will tell.

The term beta's popularity is going down, and is now being replaced with early access.

On a side note, I don't understand all this aggression towards Digital Extremes. They allowed us to test their game, and provide the necessary feedback, so they could improve it. They forcefully need to release content to keep the community alive, and at the same time, lots of issues pop-up, some being fixed, others taking time to be fixed. The team can't work on every little thing in a matter of months. As the team grows, we start getting better content, and a lot more fixing, but they're still a relative small sized team. Problem is, if they were to release a live version of the game, it would be unfinished, and people would complain, demanding it to bring back its beta title.

As I see it, most people do not understand the concept of development. Let's think of an asian development team, for example. Probably no big teams, but what do we get? Their publishers tend to host a beta for a few weeks, or a few months, but there's a lack of content, issues all around, restrictive cash-shops, among others. Digital Extremes is trying to add as much content as they can, and fixing it all at the same time, to provide a wider variety of future community members, a much better experience.

When ever boss gets a revamped and their own quests, ever planet gets a unique tilesets, we get enough gear to make it to rank 30 and all the game breaking bugs are fixed. Oh and of course Focus system and proxy wars

Edited by warpath514

OMG guys.. enjoy the game , the beta thing is not your problem...beside other big games DE maintain the game daily and bring us new content every time to make our gaming session more and more enjoyable .

I'm here since 2012 , closed beta times and I play since then daily this game.

You guys don't like how they maintain the game? Then go to NeedForSpeed World one of the most legendary EA game... , last update was 2 years ago :) oh and how we can forgot the pay2play Battlefield 4 , a great title but with many many bugs and errors unfortunatly...

Edited by AlexCrytek

Hey All,

This has probably been asked before but im curious, Is there any plans to take this game out of beta and give this game a chance to become a fully fledged game with the rest of big boys of the MMO World?

I only ask because I have never known a game to stay in BETA for this long? I wondered if there was a reason for it?

Does anyone know?

It will stop being a Beta when people stop asking when.

Hey All,

This has probably been asked before but im curious, Is there any plans to take this game out of beta and give this game a chance to become a fully fledged game with the rest of big boys of the MMO World?

I only ask because I have never known a game to stay in BETA for this long? I wondered if there was a reason for it?

Does anyone know?

Pre-alpha, alpha, beta Silver, Gold . . that's how it used to be, but in those days we didn't pay but sent in a request.

Enter the age of paid for pre-alpha, Pcars, and paid for betas. In this new age a company can make it's money from a beta and avoid criticism by excusing everything away as, "it's only a beta".

More and more companies are jumping on this bandwagon, and why not ? how many games have we bought calling themselves "Gold" yet are obviously still a beta . .at least this way we know what we are paying for.

Look at the positives, DE give us an ever evolving game, and as long as it remains a beta we will go on getting an ever evolving game . .so who the hell would want it to go Gold ?

Oh! . .I know you could say that as Gold it can go on evolving, maybe it would, but I just have the feeling that being a beta gives a bit more incentive . . . and why so many companies are taking this route.

Edited by CaptainEras

Games are not a beta because they are adding content. WoW was not a beta. They released their product because they were happy with it and gave it additional features and support. There is nothing wrong with that. Call of Duty isn't a beta because they come out with content after release. 

WF is a beta because it is missing content that SHOULD be in the game. 

This^ Especially the last part. The "new content" people are talking about are core features of the game being implemented.

I don't think I've ever seen a beta go 14 major updates and over a year without a release. The time is right. The pieces are mostly in place. I think they need to release asap or risk falling into obscurity.

No, this game is nowhere near done. Don't believe me? Most of the bosses say hi.

200px-Kela_De_ThaymIcon.png200px-Tyl_RegorIcon.png200px-Ambulas2DE.png200px-JackalDE.png200px-RaptorDE.png200px-NefAnyoDE.png200px-PhoridIcon.png

Edited by Ionus

Hey, get off their backs! This game is free to play, so get off with the harsh criticism. I far on love this game. This is the first time in my life I have been able to watch a game grow and evolve. From what I see digital extremes is a game company that is making a game for gamers. This is not Activision and Treyarch asking for dollars every few seconds. The company may not be big like other companies but what that mean is you get a better more unique game. This game is a rarity in the modern world of games. Most game companies are afraid to do something unique so they recycle old ideas. This is one of the only and first games that truly is not a recycled rehash on the modern gaming scene. This game reminds me of the games from the 90s and early 00s when small companies had a chance to make games.

Edited by OrphanMaker

Does it matter?  I don't expect much to change just because they remove the word "Beta" from the game.  I remember when Mechwarrior Online went to "release" something like a year after its' Open Beta started.  I was expecting some huge patch, some massive influx of content that said "Now THIS is a full, release-worthy game."  Instead, they just released a few bug fixes.  Other than that, everything was the same.

The term beta's popularity is going down, and is now being replaced with early access.

On a side note, I don't understand all this aggression towards Digital Extremes. They allowed us to test their game, and provide the necessary feedback, so they could improve it. They forcefully need to release content to keep the community alive, and at the same time, lots of issues pop-up, some being fixed, others taking time to be fixed. The team can't work on every little thing in a matter of months. As the team grows, we start getting better content, and a lot more fixing, but they're still a relative small sized team. Problem is, if they were to release a live version of the game, it would be unfinished, and people would complain, demanding it to bring back its beta title.

As I see it, most people do not understand the concept of development. Let's think of an asian development team, for example. Probably no big teams, but what do we get? Their publishers tend to host a beta for a few weeks, or a few months, but there's a lack of content, issues all around, restrictive cash-shops, among others. Digital Extremes is trying to add as much content as they can, and fixing it all at the same time, to provide a wider variety of future community members, a much better experience.

Agreed. This game wouldn't be much if it went live as is.

To me, the problem is that DE seems to be trying to make everyone happy by treating it like a real game while it's being developed. That leads to people treating it like a finished game and topics like this asking when it won't be a beta anymore. I'd prefer if they went back to the way they were and work on the game itself instead of half and half (if even that) between the game and its content.