Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guns 2.0 Attachments(Aura/stance)

BioWulf777

hello to all warframe community as the title says attachments to guns.

for example put some of the mods like: zoom level Eagle Eye,Hawk Eye,reduces noise generated Hush,Suppress, object/enemy penetration Metal Auger,Seeking Force,Seeker,chance of causing status Shotgun Savvy,Rifle Aptitude,Sure Shot,all Ammo Mutation in one.

warframe get updated melee get updated time for the Guns to get updated

what do you all think about that?

what are your suggestions?

Call of Warfame? Or Framefield? Thanks, but no.

Despite the fact we already have scopes, and silencers, etc in mod form. Except they're just invisible. Making them visible on the gun suddenly makes it like Call of Duty or Battlefield?

No, just no.

What a brilliant, thought provoking post, highlighting the issues with the TC's idea.

On a serious note, I think this would possibly be a good Rifle/Pistol based comparison to the Stances and Auras, but here's my problem: What about uniquely shaped weapons like the Synapse?  You can't just slap a silencer onto it and be golden, something like this wouldn't be able to change/add onto the model, I feel.

That and some of the ideas you posted, I feel, would be better if they stayed as mods, like the status effect mods.

Edited by UFOLoche

I could get behind an idea like this only if we do not gain any mod points from it, as opposed to the stances and auras yes. Might solve the issue of the "never used mods". Give them some kind of purpose that way.

However, if adding extra mod points disguised behind the use of these mod is the real purpose behind this suggestion I do not think it is a good idea.

Despite the fact we already have scopes, and silencers, etc in mod form. Except they're just invisible. Making them visible on the gun suddenly makes it like Call of Duty or Battlefield?

No it doesn't, he is exaggerating.

But it would be weird looking on many of the weapons. I do not see a silencer on a boltor or almost any other weapons in Warframe.

Edited by Theodorick

If they add points no, if they are just there for a extra spot for those specific mods. YES

Guns are already OP, we don't need them more OP, but it would be nice to have a way to use those useless mods. :/

I hate to call them useless, but i don't see any reason to use +Zoom, unless you have bad eyesight. :/

If +Zoom was +Accuracy then that would be useful for some weapons.

Edited by Feallike

May be very OP or very good ulitity, not sure what to think of this post, seems instresting.

Except every weapon needs their model of silencers, scopes and attachments to not completely out of place.

Whats the point in having them anyway? They wont do anything and will be pain to add for developers. Silence for Boltor wont work cosmetically on Grakata.

Not much use for attachments in the like in Warframe. Unless it were like the Mass Effect 3 system where it provided stat bonuses for putting stuff in the gun (wait...wait...we have those, they're called mods!)

I think the point that's trying to be made is to turn those mods into attachments that affect the way the weapon looks while still giving it that stat bonus

Mods that provide damage stay as they are while utility mods became attachments

Either cut the available mod slot in half (from 10 to 5) and allow for 3 attachments or reduced the slots to 4 and allow 4 attechments

The "Cicero" style mods have convinced me that most of the utility mods would be far more popular if they had a sprinkling of damage on them as well. Essentially your utility mods would have 30-60% damage in something (more 30 than 60), while focused "pure damage" mods would have 90%. The biggest problem is that it is difficult to justify dropping a 90% damage modifier in favor of zooming in slightly more. My proposal allows utility mods to always be an attractive option, but for pure damage mods to remain the best choice for raw damage output. 

Since we're talking about it, not every mod should be a multiplier either. Critical Hit chance, for example, only favors weapons that already have a very high critical hit chance. If it was an added bonus instead of a mulitiplier it would be useful on every gun, instead of being completely useless on most weapons while being absurdly powerful on a select few. The "Reach" mod from the melee line is another good example of something that would work better as an additive instead of a multiplier: it only has a noticeable effect on weapons that don't actually need it to begin with. If it simply increased strike range by 4-5m it would instantly be useful on everything. 

Simple changes, really. 

ok guys bickering is started like GreyEnneract saz, it is not Call of Warfame or Framefield or World of Warframes it is Warfame Game, it was always the mods, you don't see visual effects on the warframe from aura or on the melee like my spider sense is tingling i see an enemy or like you see a divine spirit heals your wounds, it is all about mod points you didn't complain on extra point on warframe or melee why?

Edited by BioWulf777